A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

@Mr.Gear

hey, that's cool! my notebook will explode if i made started to make that! XD

@Mr.Jassbec

yay! ima huge fan of Kirby and i really want to see of Kirby's levels with "Sonic"! XD

btw, hope room/doors to level had diffrient theme background, according to other games (haha, you wut i mean, right?)

This looks amazing, Serephim. But yeah, it could use some graphical touches here and there. Especially in the colors, like Overbound mentioned. The HUD looks good but needs more definition, at least that left part.

Colors are not hard to make once you have some notion of how light and shadows plays. In our world at least, the sunlight is never completly white, it often takes some shades of yellow and the shadows are never black, they're somewhat "blueish" altought very slightly, games often exagerate the blue in the shadows to create more appealing scenes.

You seem to be a way better spriter than I am, but I made some changes to a small chunk of your scene just to illustrate my point.

tsFVycb.png

Look how much more definition it got just by adding one yelowish new color and tweaking some of the shadows giving them a bluish tint. It was a quick example, but if you take time to play with this you'd be amazed with what you can get.

This is also a great tutorial on creating palettes:

http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11299&PID=139392#139392

[qimg]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/128864167/Screenshots/Random_6.png[/qimg]

Well there's no variance yet, but what do you guys think of the grass?

And the HUD while we're at it (currently dont know if i want to stick a portrait there or her current weapon type)

Feels like you're accentuating too much that she has breasts, and it cuts off from her waist, which makes it feel off. And the waist is a bit too thin for the proportions the rest of the body has(her arms/shoulders come to mind).

[Edit]This area: myneh_zpse9744744.png

I haven't worked on this much, but it's coming along decent. At the moment, if you press up, you go to another frame, sort of like how Kirby doors actually work.

DreamlandHub.PNG

So I tried to make each "Hub/Map" thing different a reflect each game's level select...sort of...

I might go with something like this for Kirby, I don't quite like how the Dreamland world feels.

KSSU_100_Corkboard.png

(^ With acts instead of the other games, you get the idea.)

And very wip Megaman Robot Master/act/level select thingy

sonicineve.png

So far, the levels selected for the Kirby series are:

A remake, or partial remake of Spring Breeze (KDL) for Act 1

And the Halberd for Act 2

Both being pretty much in Kirby Super Star.

Megaman on the other hand, I've only decided on Bubble Man's stage, I can't think of another stage atm.

That's pretty much it.

I haven't worked on this much, but it's coming along decent. At the moment, if you press up, you go to another frame, sort of like how Kirby doors actually work.

[qimg]http://jassbecspot.webs.com/photos/undefined/DreamlandHub.PNG[/qimg]

So I tried to make each "Hub/Map" thing different a reflect each game's level select...sort of...

cool! that's what ima talking about! XD

a hub!!!!! yeah, can't wait for it!

Really sorry, but. Double post update!

Added homing!

[qimg]http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4341/joqp.png[/qimg]

That's looking good man.

-----------------------------------------

About the levels you guys recomended, I think I need to say that i'm only doing levels from 2D games and I will try to avoid levels with the same trope.

I also plan on recreating levels from Cave Story. Probably Sand Zone and Labyrinth

So far...

World 1: DreamLand

Green Greens/Spring Breeze: Tropical/Grass/Nature

Halberd: Airship/Metal

World 2: Year 200X (Anyone knows the location of the Mega Man games?)

Bubble Man's Stage: Metal/Water/Nature

World (?): Mimiga Island

Sand Zone: Desert/Cave

Blood Stained Sanctuary: Cave/Hell

EDIT:

I made the boss track for Mimiga Island

As far as where the Mega Man game are located...it really depends on what stage. If I remember correctly each stage is in a different location on their Earth (which is a parallel to ours, with some added locations). The only thing that stays constant would be a place like Dr. Light's lab which is somewhere in the US. For Bubble Man you can just say "Located deep in an unexplored ocean" or something to that effect.

As far as where the Mega Man game are located...it really depends on what stage. If I remember correctly each stage is in a different location on their Earth (which is a parallel to ours, with some added locations). The only thing that stays constant would be a place like Dr. Light's lab which is somewhere in the US. For Bubble Man you can just say "Located deep in an unexplored ocean" or something to that effect.

And you'd be wrong. Only Megaman 4 and 8 have the "around the world" thing, megaman 2 takes place entirely on "Mega City", Megaman's hometown. Light's Lab is always nearby said city. Well, i guess in the archie comics his level is inside a waste plant of sorts.

And you'd be wrong. Only Megaman 4 and 8 have the "around the world" thing, megaman 2 takes place entirely on "Mega City", Megaman's hometown. Light's Lab is always nearby said city. Well, i guess in the archie comics his level is inside a waste plant of sorts.

Huh, I've always thought that the city's name was called Monsteropolis, which is what the game manuals called it.