A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

I'll probably continue the RPG in some fashion later, once tilemaps are implemented in Construct 2. Recently full-on save states were implemented, which makes saving and loading damn near everything in an RPG utterly trivial, which is pretty exciting, really.

Oh, SPOILER for Sonic Chrono Adventure!

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/zfeoxxU.png[/qimg]

Oh, and btw, somebody wanna has any idea of what name i can give to the Green hedgehog over there?

his name for now is Chrono but ya know, that's the name of the game and i don't wanna give him too much attention, even though he is a playable character at a certain point.

I don't really like that Dr.Eggman sprite personally. It's not the outfit. It's just the sprite in general doesn't look as well made as the Sonic & Tails sprite from that set. Like, I don't think his nose should be so red. pink would be better. red makers him look like a clown to much. There's other small problems with it too, but I won't go into more detail unless you actually want to hear.

As for the Chrono guy.

I'm guessing it's just a early design. but Is there not any way that you can make him look less like a recolor Sonic? give him a different spike heir style or something. And well... does he really need to be a hedgehog at all? ...Unless the character is actually suppose to look just like a green Sonic for some story reason. If so, then that's fair enough I suppose.

The blue trail is sorta nice, but it probably would look better (and wouldn't be so invasive) if it were more subtle. Ya know, a little more transparent.

Also, particles. Particles in Sonic's snowboard and some snow coming down would be nice.

The blue trail is sorta nice, but it probably would look better (and wouldn't be so invasive) if it were more subtle. Ya know, a little more transparent.

Also, particles. Particles in Sonic's snowboard and some snow coming down would be nice.

You're right now that I look at the trail..

And for the particles. I'm not too experienced on using particles to make weather and all that. Perhaps there's a tutorial around here somewhere?

Does someone know where i can get such kind of custom tilesets?

the ones you guys use looks great.

Generally from yourself. Not trying to sound snarky, but that's literally where most if not all of these guys get their stuff. MS Paint is a wonderful thing

Does someone know where i can get such kind of custom tilesets?

the ones you guys use looks great.

Everything is made by me. All of the graphics are either original, built off of other sheets, or from various other games. Like Highwire said, everything is made mostly in Paint, but also other programs.

This is technically not a screenshot but...

Spoiler Alert for Sonic From The Beginning (and the image is incredibly huge for some reason)

me_NEW-1.jpg

Ahh,to big! This is some concept art i made for the true final boss of Sonic From The Beginning, now i really need a name for it.

You probably want to know what the hell is that. Well as some of you might know, the final zone for my game will be "Special Stage Zone" and it will try to explain why there's only 6 emeralds in sonic 1 and why Eggman has one of them. This boss is a weird mix of Marx, Zero Two, the weird emerald octopus thing from Wario World, and some stuff i'm probably not sure.

(It's not a screenshot but i don't have enough material to make a thread for my game)

So like i said some days ago, i have an important announcement about the music from my game, the sound team now officially has 4 people on it!

They're...

QubedSteak: https://soundcloud.com/qubedsteak

StaticBlu: http://staticblu.newgrounds.com/audio/

Me (Jassbec): https://soundcloud.com/jassbec

and...

TheSymphonicGames: https://soundcloud.com/symphonicgamescloud

I sent ClefferNotes and Tee Lopes an invitation to the Sound Team yesterday, i only need a response.

Shimmering Shores Act 1 is all done!

Tp6dtG8.png

.... It was actually done a while ago. Lol. Just got around to getting the goal mechanics finished. If there ever comes a day when I can finish a demo, this stage and Antarctic Amethyst will probably be the two stages.

Click on the object. This will bring up it's options in the left pane.

Make sure you're in the Display Options tab.

Scroll down to Transitions.

Set Fade In and Fade Out to whatever you wish, though I recommend Fade, From / to: Background within 34ms... For both Fade In and Fade Out.

EDIT: It looks bad, making all that stuff pop off the screen, but I know I'm not the only one who skims things.

EDIT2: Oops again. I forgot to mention that this only works when creating and destroying objects, but it's a lot easier than creating completely separate animations just for fading things in and out.

I'm just replying to this again so i don't have to look for it.

EDIT: i kinda forgot how to create something, can you tell me? (i've been doing other stuff in MMF that i actually forgot,lol.)