A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/a1U8bfE.png[/qimg]

Just a cave like water level, anyone knows a good name for it?

About the name: and it has nothing to do with the thing i did with BTS and ATS (connecting one game to another)

Welp, gotta know a little more about the game before throwing names for it.

I do like "Sonic Before the Adventure" like Serephim suggested right now. Even if it doesn't work like BTS and ATS (prequel/sequel), "Before the" is kind of your trademark at this point and all it sugests is that the game takes place before the Sonic Adventure era and doesn't really have to be a prequel to it.

But, other than that, we need some info on it, I guess (unless you're running for generic names).

EDIT: Totally misunderstood what you said, I thought you were asking for names for the game and not for the stage itself.

For the cave itself, I guess we should also need to see more, all I can think about now is "Crystal Cave" since it has crystals and it's a cave. Mind telling us what's the theme of the cave? Is it a mine? Just ruins? A haunted cave? I guess a little more info is required.

Oo, oo, I vote:

Humid Hollow,

Misty Mine,

Crystal Cave(rn)

or... Hydro Hazard!

(That's right, I made an account just to suggest those! BTS and ATS are the only fan games of any series that I have ever liked. The possibility for getting one of my suggestions in willed me to join <3)

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/a1U8bfE.png[/qimg]

Just a cave like water level, anyone knows a good name for it?

About the name: and it has nothing to do with the thing i did with BTS and ATS (connecting one game to another)

Aqua Grotto, maybe? Or Gemstone Grotto if you're going for Sonic CD-style names.

(Also, sent you a PM just now. I always find it hard to notice when I have new PMs on SFGHQ, which is why I'm mentioning it here. xD)

I was calling this level Groove something Zone before i had a computer crash while i was saving the game's .mfa

which means, yeah, i kinda lost the level and a few more.

what you guys are seing in the screen shot is now dead D:

but don't worry, 2 days after that and i've reconstructed half of the things i lost.

depending on how the level gets remade i might use some of you guys ideas =)

oh, and the final actually looked much better than this screen shot, i'll show you guys the results after i finish remaking it.

Aw, that's a big bummer. D: I know what feels like. Generally I try to keep at least 3-4 backup copies of my MFA every few days, just in case.

It's funny, though - sometimes when you lose a big chunk of work, you end up remaking it way faster than you did before and with better results.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while, forum. For those wondering what's been going on, well take a look and see for yourself:

kfidov.png

_salom_adventure__hockey_madness__mini_game__by_kainoso-d5v2lh7.png

_salom_adventure__hockey_madness_in_game_by_kainoso-d5v2m1j.png

_salom_adventure__salom_s_flight__mini_game__by_kainoso-d5v2ml7.png

_salom_adventure__vermin_s_attack__mini_game__by_kainoso-d5v2mwy.png

_salom_adventure__whirlwind_ricochet__mini_game__by_kainoso-d5vskxb.png

_salom_adventure__driver_escapade__mini_game__by_kainoso-d5vsl4m.png

_salom_adventure__salom_s_flight_in_game_by_kainoso-d5v2n7c.png

_salom_adventure__vermin_s_attack_in_game_by_kainoso-d5v2nkn.png

Basically for the Island HUB I opened up an Arcade Center, filled with 4 gaming booths, few slot machines, and an air hockey table. I've never seen a fan game consist of these type of minigames so...why not give it a shot right? So far it's the biggest and somewhat easiest project I've worked on in this game. Hope you're excited.

All artwork painfully done by Nefault1st/Kainoso.

This place seems kinda empty...

Anyways, what's your opinion on this Title card?

The Sonic/Eggman icon switches back and forth.

greengate1.PNG

greengate2.PNG

don't mind the art i'm still working on it... :kbored:

Might make those "Sonic From The Beginning" letters more gray.

EDIT: and move the act icon a little to the right.