A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

@Pedro/Mobiethian: Grass does not grow upside-down. ;> I think it would be fine if the sides extended all the way to the ground to give the loop structure itself more support.

I think you meant putting the grass literally on the very top of the loop, not the top of the inner circle, in which I agree so it doesn't look as flat up there. ;D

Oh god I love Knuckles in a hat. Can he hang out with Archimedes the fire ant? Please?

Lol, we're not exactly thinking of having Archie characters in this game. Think of an OVA-style approach.

Wow!Great model,Azukara!Your project is becoming more interesting!

Great job!

Thank you :)

Although the model was really done by Athbucket. I'm just the game's leader, supervisor, producer and PR all at the same time. =P

Done some more work on Saphire:

rh01.png

Implemented a spring fall animation.

rh02.png

More variety in the ground tiles and I added more potted plants.

rh03.png

Added vegitation on the bottom of the floor there.

I'll make a topic for this when I have a demo available, or maybe for SAGE.

Bri to be honest. the foreground looks kinda bland at the moment, I'd suggest and cracks, erosion, and maybe moss to some of the blocks to give them more variety, as well as make the blocks have a more general color scheme. green + green + tan doesn't look right to me. I'd also suggest making the vines look more like their growing on/around the blocks, and less like their just hanging off. It's a pretty good start though so far.

Bri to be honest. the foreground looks kinda bland at the moment, I'd suggest and cracks, erosion, and maybe moss to some of the blocks to give them more variety, as well as make the blocks have a more general color scheme. green + green + tan doesn't look right to me. I'd also suggest making the vines look more like their growing on/around the blocks, and less like their just hanging off. It's a pretty good start though so far.
In a nutshell all he really needs to do is give the rocks a texture.

Everything else seems fine to me though, I'm impressed. It's also good to see a ruin zone for once.

The rocks are alright, but keep in mind that labyrinth isn't exactly the prettiest Sonic level on the block. The real problem is the color you are mixing several different green tones throughout the foreground and background and its just too much. Even more importantly the green and yellow together from Labyrinth is just plain ugly it looks like vomit and I don't think that's the impression you want to give.

So now they I've probably made you cry let me show you what I think you should do.

bri%20tiles.png

As I said the labyrinth rocks are terrible but they aren't great either the ones from TT Past are much better and you can easily change the 32x16 stone to a 32x32. If you are having trouble finding colors its always a good idea to go back to the Genesis games and see what colors matched then you can take those colors change them a bit if need be and come out with something you know matches and looks good. That's basically what I've done here though you don't always have to do it in such an obvious way. The second set of tiles is from messing with the hues/saturation a bit which I think makes it look a bit more marblely.