A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

@Azukara If you change the textures it will be more epic. Really. The rocks for example, they look like they're stretched.

But anyway, congratz it's really looks amazing.

@Felik you game me an erection. ): Can't wait to play this.

once we get the engine ported to Blitzmax, add shaders and effects to it

Are you sure about that? Unless Blitzmax != Blitz3D, it can only make DX7 applications (without the use of a DX wrapper), which translates to no fancy pixel shaders. =/

Also just a comment on Sonic 4's foreground after seeing Felix's pic, I really don't like that they decided to use smooth plastic grass. The shading on the checkered tiles seems to go all over the place too, making it feel weird on the eyes after staring for some time.

@Azukara If you change the textures it will be more epic. Really. The rocks for example, they look like they're stretched.

But anyway, congratz it's really looks amazing.

The textures are going to be changed soon enough. Those were mostly just placeholder. Also, the water's been modified to not look like CapriSun.

Are you sure about that? Unless Blitzmax != Blitz3D, it can only make DX7 applications (without the use of a DX wrapper), which translates to no fancy pixel shaders. =/

Blitzmax supports OpenGL, which by what I know will support shaders, special effects and object physics.

Since I'm actually working on this again...

scwctailsscreen.png

Basically, I have Sonic and Tails skins working, no special abilities, but I'll get onto that. I'm also replicating the Sonic Worlds test level to test the engine fully. No gimmicks, enemies or stuff like that yet, but I'll do that when I have all the movement-based stuff down first, like character-specific abilities.

Don't expect anything as good as Sonic Worlds, as it is, the engine is pretty crap compared to it, TBH. :( It'll need a LOT of tweaking and code changes before it reaches the level of quality I want in this engine. Once I'm ready, I'll release the engine for you guys to fiddle with and help improve.

[qimg]http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af84/ilovesonicandknuckles/21.png[/qimg]

Background coming soon.

http://s996.photobucket.com/albums/af84/ilovesonicandknuckles/?action=view&current=sk2.flv

Video of the first zone, excuse the special stages, they're just for testing, and same with the boss being destroyed in one hit. And no sound either. =(

I logged in for the first time in aaaages just for this.

wow

I really love the look of this. And totally give my blessing (cheeesy!) or whatever to you pillaging anything you want from the remains of sxg. Bosses, levels, badniks, etc.

This looks great. If you could find someone to write you genesis/megadrive sounding songs (like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCtXDkMX9Ss ) and fix the camera it would be perfect.

I hate that this makes me want to get back into fangaming =(

I logged in for the first time in aaaages just for this.

wow

I really love the look of this. And totally give my blessing (cheeesy!) or whatever to you pillaging anything you want from the remains of sxg. Bosses, levels, badniks, etc.

This looks great. If you could find someone to write you genesis/megadrive sounding songs (like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCtXDkMX9Ss ) and fix the camera it would be perfect.

I hate that this makes me want to get back into fangaming =(

Then it should be decent hobby. Only my opinion. Trying to learn FM trackers and study chip myself, but the next best thing to get a song out quick is a soundfont for me.