A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Ftb (old And Outdated Concepts)

As for spritework, sadly no. The only piece of art that I have up and fully created is my icon on Soundcloud.

I can create something now, if you want. Just give me a topic.

Imma gonna leave this up to you Gecko.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...well, aside from looking at Jassbec's previous conceptual images for tile ideas, you could try your hand at the bagworm badnik shown here, or maybe even a Little Transister(which is colored silver and gray, with white eyes, BTW).

Of course, I'm mainly interested in seeing your rendering skills and such right at the moment; obviously scaling and manipulable properties are important but I digress. I can try to critique to the best of my abilities; after all, no gain in scaring off young talent for either side! (Though I am somewhat new to this as well, so take that as you may)

And no need to rush either! Take as much time as you feel you need.

Hmm...well, aside from looking at Jassbec's previous conceptual images for ideas, you could try your hand at the bagworm badnik shown here, or maybe even a Little Transister.

Of course, I'm merely interested in seeing your rendering skills and such right at the moment; obviously scaling and manipulable properties are important but I digress. I can try to critique to the best of my abilities; after all, no gain in scaring off young talent for either side! (Though I am somewhat new to this as well, so take that as you may)

Alright then, I'm on it, Gecko!

Just a quick question: The Little Transistor is always facing forward? Or does it face left/right at times?

Alright then, I'm on it, Gecko!

Just a quick question: The Little Transistor is always facing forward? Or does it face left/right at times?

Always facing forward; also, her "collar" and hair are the gray parts, whereas the rest is silver. Being a badnik she's made of metal, so don't forget the metal sheen and such. :P

Er, yes. I do have Skype. My user name is alex.bradleydk4 and my real name is Alex Bradley.

@Gecko

Yes, I realise that I mustn't get ahead of myself when talking about these things. You do whatever you need to do, whenever you need to do it.

Edit:

Also, could I please have a sig? Preferably a gradient transition from white to red. If you can't do that, I'll just have white. Oh, and you only need to put "Sonic From the Beginning" as my project, as I'm planning on linking it to the thread. Oh, AND do you think you'd be able to use my avatar?

I'm rather picky, no?

Despite our earlier thoughts toward the soundtrack being put towards the backburner, it seems that everyone is already throwing their hat into the basket and pitching stuff regardless. As such, I think we need to figure out who exactly is working on what, or if people are going to share Zone music duties (as in, making music for one act, and another guy does another).

From what I can tell so far:

Green Gate - LoneEchidna

Crystal City - LoneEchidna

Frozen Foliage - Infinity_Alex

Cave Complex - Geckoroverse

Raindrop Ruin - LoneEchidna

Caliente Carnival - Symphonicgamescloud

Eternal Elevator - Faseeh

Botanic Badnik - LoneEchidna

I'm just counting what I've seen so far; I think we should sort this out before we make a mess and all, unless people are working behind the scenes and haven't informed me. :P

I know I'm at least working on the first 2 acts (with the possibility of the 3rd and boss acts) for Frozen Foliage. Riding High, which I originally made for Caliente Carnival, is being used elsewhere, though I've yet to be told where. "You New Worst Enemy" is still the boss theme but it is being greatly improved by Lone. I think StaticBlu has decided to walk away from the project without telling us. If I can get my hand in, I'd like to make a track for Eternal Elevator or Botanik Badnik. Just pushing that out there.

Despite our earlier thoughts toward the soundtrack being put towards the backburner, it seems that everyone is already throwing their hat into the basket and pitching stuff regardless. As such, I think we need to figure out who exactly is working on what, or if people are going to share Zone music duties (as in, making music for one act, and another guy does another).

From what I can tell so far:

Green Gate - LoneEchidna

Crystal City - LoneEchidna

Frozen Foliage - Infinity_Alex

Cave Complex - Geckoroverse

Raindrop Ruin - LoneEchidna

Caliente Carnival - Symphonicgamescloud

Eternal Elevator - Faseeh

Botanic Badnik - LoneEchidna

I'm just counting what I've seen so far; I think we should sort this out before we make a mess and all, unless people are working behind the scenes and haven't informed me. :P

Scrap Skies - Faseeh (as far as i'm informed)

Special Stage Zone - Nobody so far.

Guess we'll have to adjust our ideas a little so they can fit the stages better, we have been working a little behind the scenes, sorry if i didn't inform you, but we're making a big mess right here and we need to get organized.

I know I'm at least working on the first 2 acts (with the possibility of the 3rd and boss acts) for Frozen Foliage. Riding High, which I originally made for Caliente Carnival, is being used elsewhere, though I've yet to be told where. "You New Worst Enemy" is still the boss theme but it is being greatly improved by Lone. I think StaticBlu has decided to walk away from the project without telling us. If I can get my hand in, I'd like to make a track for Eternal Elevator or Botanik Badnik. Just pushing that out there.

static is making the theme song, title screen, Gear Gorge, credits and possibly something else, QubedSteak is definately not a part of the project anymore, so i shall remove him.

EDIT: Eternal Elevator is just 2 acts, act 1 being a Wacky version of sky chase, and act 2 being in the tower itself, look at the concepts on page 5, or is it 4?

OK. What will happen to Steak's tracks then?

Also, can I has an FtB team sig too please? Horizontal gradient of white to red, puh-leez.

Give me a few minutes to wake up and i'll do it.

this post will be modified when the image is done.

Oh, and Steak's track will get unused, but if i can find a place for them...

I hope the credits going to be a medley like the other games; it'd be great to hear all the sound teams work in one song.

That aside, I'm doing a bit 'o cleaning today, but all my [beta] GG tiles are going to be sent sometime soon, hopefully. In the meantime I'll be curious about seeing AstroPirahna's work and how he may contribute to the project aesthetics. :P

So much so, I'm back.

And actually I would like to express their opinion at the expense of the future of this fan game. Since I am honored and looked up posts, I saw some flaws (although this may not be bugs, but it's still wrong)

The first and perhaps most important - Engine.

Since you're going to do in the game Sonic the Worlds, I would like to ask you. YOU understand this engine. And then on some concepts of the game will not.

Second - Concepts.

Of course I did component concepts, but would like to see the final product. That is, no need to insert these concepts here. Of course - it's interesting, but still.

Again, please do not swear. This is purely my opinion. Maybe something will listen.

P.S (I'm sorry for my BAD ENGLISH ^( )

So much so, I'm back.

And actually I would like to express their opinion at the expense of the future of this fan game. Since I am honored and looked up posts, I saw some flaws (although this may not be bugs, but it's still wrong)

The first and perhaps most important - Engine.

Since you're going to do in the game Sonic the Worlds, I would like to ask you. YOU understand this engine. And then on some concepts of the game will not.

Second - Concepts.

Of course I did component concepts, but would like to see the final product. That is, no need to insert these concepts here. Of course - it's interesting, but still.

Again, please do not swear. This is purely my opinion. Maybe something will listen.

I understand the way Worlds work, don't be afraid!

And about concepts, this is a development thread, we'll post all the things we are doing atm, because school is a bitch, i haven't been working directly on the game as much as i would like. but you'll see alot of real things on the final product soon (June) after all, i need to hurry up for SAGE!

I understand the way Worlds work, don't be afraid!

And about concepts, this is a development thread, we'll post all the things we are doing atm, because school is a bitch, i haven't been working directly on the game as much as i would like. but you'll see alot of real things on the final product soon (June) after all, i need to hurry up for SAGE!

Okay, I'll wait)

Well, this was rather random...

So, in the direction of Lone or Jassbec, what will become of "Riding High"? Lone said he knew where it could be used, but I've yet to be told. Also, Frozen Foliage Act 2 is up! https://soundcloud.com/infinityalex/pollen-parhelion-frozen

EDIT: Thank you very much, sir!

Hot damn guys, you work fast. I'm still working on a good fitting melody for CC, lol. I have to wonder, how do you musically-oriented folks go through the process?

Also, I really dig this track by the by.

Then thank you to you also, for your digging of my track!

I just get a clear idea of what I want it to sound like, then I just go ahead. And besides, I probably the youngest person on the sound team, so I reckon I have a lot less commitments than everyone else. Also, it's my half-term break! :D

Hot damn guys, you work fast. I'm still working on a good fitting melody for CC, lol. I have to wonder, how do you musically-oriented folks go through the process?

Also, I really dig this track by the by.

It's like the opposite of ATS

Quick composers, Slow developer.

Damnit High School!