A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Ftb (old And Outdated Concepts)

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also want to create an animated intro as well. If I get time, I'll create an anime opening intro. Don't expect anything *too* good, though. By the time I finish it I'll probably be back at school. Also, here's my updated track wishlist (including ones I've already finished)

Intro theme

Green Gate boss theme (feat. LoneEchidna)

Entire Frozen Foliage Zone (boss included)

Eternal Elevator Act 2 (If not already taken)

Special Stage theme (though I'll need a little more scope, is it a boss or traditional special stage?)

Hopefully that's cleared up some more of the OST.

@Gecko

I can't find that anywhere within the last 2 pages. You just pulled it from nowhere, didn't you? Anyway, I quite like the intro myself. Also, reading that while watching Long John Robaldrik jump about in your sig makes me chuckle to myself.

I also want to create an animated intro as well. If I get time, I'll create an anime opening intro. Don't expect anything *too* good, though. By the time I finish it I'll probably be back at school. Also, here's my updated track wishlist (including ones I've already finished)

Intro theme

Green Gate boss theme (feat. LoneEchidna)

Entire Frozen Foliage Zone (boss included)

Eternal Elevator Act 2 (If not already taken)

Special Stage theme (though I'll need a little more scope, is it a boss or traditional special stage?)

Hopefully that's cleared up some more of the OST.

@Gecko

I can't find that anywhere within the last 2 pages. You just pulled it from nowhere, didn't you? Anyway, I quite like the intro myself. Also, reading that while watching Long John Robaldrik jump about in your sig makes me chuckle to myself.

Special Stage Zone is a boss rush with platforming in-between.

And Faseeh is taking care of Eternal Elevator.

@Gecko

I can't find that anywhere within the last 2 pages. You just pulled it from nowhere, didn't you? Anyway, I quite like the intro myself.

I was referring to my comment about a softer intro for Act 1 on your Soundcloud. :P

Also Jass, Paint.net keeps crashing on me, but I'm putting together the [very] initial tile ideas as we speak.

Alrighty then! In that case, the only tracks I have left to clear up (unless I decide to more) are Frozen Foliage's Act 3 and Boss themes and the Special Stage theme. I have a very good idea about what I shall do for the latter...

Please make it sound very climatic and epic.

I'm trying to put some light spots on her. Right now it looks like this (spoiler-ed for convenience):

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/nsLAsnt.png[/qimg]

So far, it's pretty good. Any critiques you have will help greatly.

May I pose some sprite quips?

You may want to visually show the hair connecting to it's bottom half; though it is implied, I wanna' see how it looks. Also, for the brow hair itself I wanted to imply a hairstyle similar to this in some respects. Sorry if I'm making you change things up a little bit. :B

Concerning shading, perhaps for rounded areas you could do highlights similar to how it's presented here? Although I do like those hair highlights. :x

Also, I don't know if the eyes should be shaded; it's implied they're bright lights, in a sense. But that's just me. And the mouth should be black.

No kidding. What in the...

I don't even anymore lol

I see what your saying anyway. So thanks!

seriously what is that pic

Waaaaait...you guys aren't getting the pictures of badniks? Sweet shit, you guys are seeing something I'm not aware of! Hold on a moment...

EDIT- Fixed, try now. What did you guys see anyway?

Oh, Gecko you smooth cat you can't just do that

Anyway:

[qimg]

http://i.imgur.com/RDLSInz.png[/qimg]

Above Sonic is the Transister sprite with the edits you mentioned. To the right is the sprite that I finished w/o the edits.

To the left is the beginning foundation of Twitch-Switch.

D:

Ah, that's lookin' mighty fine. Can't wait to see the finished sprite (though we will have to add a few animations later on in the project, so yeah).

You might want to tone down the intensity of that pink on Twitch; he's more of a pale-pink, which helps to make the red "gills" and grey spikes stand out more. Also, he's actually rather short in the body, he just has a rather large head that makes him about Sonic sized, which includes the "gills".

No Sonic game is complete with its Tttle Screen music.

:B

Also Jass, sent you a message. And it still confounds me how fast you music guys move!

Well, I've just had a good streak of idea lately. Still have to edit out kinks and stuff for mastering. Also I think that's all I'll be posting for now. More than enough to give people a taste of what's to come.

I've been hard at work on Green Gate tiles lately, though it hasn't stopped me from doing some otherwise unrelated doodling.

goobystop.png

I'll be honest, I probably only drew this page because of Gooby. I really dig his function, sorta' like an advanced Labyrinth Zone Lion Head in a sense. Also, doodled some other Jass originals, as well as toyed with a Transister powerup, though I don't think it'll get much use.

I've been hard at work on Green Gate tiles lately, though it hasn't stopped me from doing some otherwise unrelated doodling.

[qimg]http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/9808/goobystop.png[/qimg]

I'll be honest, I probably only drew this page because of Gooby. I really dig his function, sorta' like an advanced Labyrinth Zone Lion Head in a sense. Also, doodled some other Jass originals, as well as toyed with a Transister powerup, though I don't think it'll get much use.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYvaQ7fU4uf4VLx98KN2ziFUJ8dKj4Iy0TB87XF1x3QSRMja520g