A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Ftb (old And Outdated Concepts)

Pretty much this.

We're all pretty much beginners here, and we collectively decided to get together and form a team utilizing our best trade-skills to create something that gives back to the community, as well as being a showcase of what we can do best.

I think I can speak for everyone when I say this: thank you Jass, for uniting us under a common banner. Also for being a pretty cool dude. The rest of you peeps are great as well for doing all of this :D

^Me being gushy and stuff.

Also, I may need help getting down some tileset ideas for Caliente. I'm just envisioning a sort of embroidery pattern in some sand(stone). What do you think? (EDIT: Also, I think I'm just being blind here, but I can't find that post with the Caliente concepts).

If you can't, just click on my signature, go to photo gallery, and then feedback folder, every single concept that had been posted here is there (at least my concepts)

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm okay with it. Any specifics in mind? I just want to have a list of what I should be doing.

Hmmmm, why not mess around with some Caliente Carnival tiles? It's one level that is slightly more solid at the moment in my eyes, what with the carnival and western desert themes and such. Check out Jass's conceptual artwork for some ideas, as well as this little cactus design that can be expanded upon. I talked about orange and green colors similar to Wacky Workbench Past, though take that as you may. :B

Sorry for scant resources on this, but I'd really like to see what ideas you could whip up for concerning tiles!

EDIT - Oh, and symphonicgamescloud is remixing these tracks for Caliente Carnival, so these may provide inspiration...?

THE ALMIGHTY REPOST

Can I be an attention whore for a moment and repost this mockup to see if Jassy sees where I wanna go with the level?

[qimg]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/148/b/5/sftb___cave_complex_mock_up_by_starvinggecko-d66xd3q.png[/qimg]

It looks fine to me :V but shouldn't be the liquid blue?, oh wait nevermind.

Well i dunno, looks pretty sexy IMO.

Don't the tiles look a bit too square to be from a sonic game?

I'm essentially just using some beta tiles right now; I made 'em to evoke the tone of the level, mostly. I'm wanting to go for some slightly more "organic" tiles along the line. (You'll notice the mockup uses edited Mystic Cave bg and Green Hill waterfall tiles and such as well).

I'm having a bitch of a time coming up with music for CC; I've already figured out how I want the music to go (Act 1 is a more atmosphereic DKC-esque song, while Act 2 is a more Sonic-fied version of said song), but no idea how to get started. IT IRKS ME.

Thats not what i meant. I know that it's in ATS, i just mentioned that there will be one in FTB, there's one in highwire's project(have no idea if it's been canceled or not), there's one in ats, there's one in a game i don't remembe..., and there will be one in...."oops?"

@Jassbec

You think you've missed a lot?! Hey, at least you Yankees are all in pretty much the same time zone! Anyway, seeing your boss concepts for Floral Frost (as it would probably be best to call it that now), I may (notice the emphasis there) just pick up the boss track again, though I think the likelihood is I'll let someone else do it.

Also, while music is certainly not what I do best (it's art), I agree with all the gushy stuff being said here.

Oh, one more thing, I'll start work on some Floral Frost concepts today (I think that's tomorrow for you guys...time zones are really confusing)!

@Jassbec

You think you've missed a lot?! Hey, at least you Yankees are all in pretty much the same time zone! Anyway, seeing your boss concepts for Floral Frost (as it would probably be best to call it that now), I may (notice the emphasis there) just pick up the boss track again, though I think the likelihood is I'll let someone else do it.

Also, while music is certainly not what I do best (it's art), I agree with all the gushy stuff being said here.

Oh, one more thing, I'll start work on some Floral Frost concepts today (I think that's tomorrow for you guys...time zones are really confusing)!

Yeah they are.

Oh, and i wanted something similar to "Be cool, be wild, be groovy" for the boss, i'm sure you know what i mean.

Oh, and i'm mexican, not a yankee, but i live in the U.S. so that makes me one? I dunno...

For the record, it's almost 10:30 PM over here, so yeah. :P

Being me, I almost envision something like this for Floral Frost Boss Act, but given my taste in music...

Jaysahs Cryst, that a really dark tone, i don't think it will fit fighting a man inside a snowball xD

Jaysahs Cryst, that a really dark tone, i don't think it will fit fighting a man inside a snowball xD

Sure it will! Just look at how nightmarish you can make a workout machine with the right music! We'll call it, "The Sonic CD US Boss Effect"! We'll make billions!

...I'm clearly tired.

Sure it will! Just look at how nightmarish you can make a workout machine with the right music! We'll call it, "The Sonic CD US Boss Effect"! We'll make billions!

...I'm clearly tired.

Hahaha, made the little left of my day.

I didn't think your name sounded very American...

Anyway, relative to time zones, your a yankee. Besides, it's an affectionate nickname I have for anyone who lives between Colorado and Rio de Janeiro.

Not listened to any of the songs you two suggested to me, but I will do once I've posted this. Also, I've edited the Floral Frost tracks' SoundCloud titles, though (just for reference) I've actually renamed Act 1's track to "Frozen Photosynthesis", because I don't like the names clashing.

Also for reference, it's 04:46 in Wigan right now. I found myself unable to sleep again after waking up at 02:4? Another problem with time zones is that, up until about 14:00-16:00 British time, none of you guys are awake, making these forums painstakingly boring!

Just listened to 13 seconds of your suggested song, Jassbec, before saying silently to myself (because my family are still asleep, of course) "Holy shit. I may as well just remix this to make it more dramatic."

And, after our talk with Lange, I really think the track should be called "World's Largest Snowball" to pay homage to BTS/ATS. And besides, despite that, it really fits the boss, intentional or not. Oh, wait--I've got it! "Meet the Fat Man" from BTS is inspired by, or at least sounds even remotely, like Be Cool, Be Wild and Be Groovy, which I initially thought was from Unleashed due to Falk's remix.