A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Ftb (old And Outdated Concepts)

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Major wip song here. May be the last one I upload.

Don't want to flood the thread with links.

https://www.box.com/s/z0sfxyl2u684rr71ouze

Honestly, I think this is your best work so far. It really has that "Good Future" feel the Act implies. I'm still expecting Act 2 to have a Sky Troops reference however, haha.

I'm actually getting somewhere with Cave Complex's music; I've had a crap-ton of ideas concerning the level layout, acts, and even boss, and I'm hoping this track conveys what I'm going for.

Acts 1 and 2 are suppose to be levels that are designed to slow you down unless you know your way around the level, since the enemies and overall theme work with that. I've thought of Act 3 starting out peaceful for a few moments, than Robotnik shows up in a giant Little Transister head, makes a supporting piller dematerialized, and then Sonic has to escape the collapsing caverns Minecart Madness/Rayman Origins-style with Robotnik showing up to battle Sonic near the end in hot pursuit. You than exit the caverns into Raindrop Ruin.

Honestly, I think this is your best work so far. It really has that "Good Future" feel the Act implies. I'm still expecting Act 2 to have a Sky Troops reference however, haha.

Well if it doesn't, I'll be sure to send hate mail to faseeh! Thanks, still has a ways to go before it's done.

I'm actually getting somewhere with Cave Complex's music; I've had a crap-ton of ideas concerning the level layout, acts, and even boss, and I'm hoping this track conveys what I'm going for.

If you need someone to remaster them I'd be willing to give it a shot. Just send it to me when it's done.

Speaking of which, Static's completed the title theme. I'm gonna be rearranging it for Green Gate.

Hey, yeah, so I'm doing music for this game? Yeah. Doing Raindrop Ruins Act 2 right now. I've already finished the boss music for Eternal Elevator anyways... which is here:

https://www.box.com/s/cyvryduuq69fjetvpahm

Just a tip to the programmers (?): make sure that every song you get is .WAV or .ogg as MMF2/Sonic Worlds only accepts them, converting them yourself will result in a lot more quality loss than you getting it from the musician.

Hey, yeah, so I'm doing music for this game? Yeah. Doing Raindrop Ruins Act 2 right now. I've already finished the boss music for Eternal Elevator anyways... which is here:

Why is there no preview to play the music? And better yet, why does this download as a Windows Movie Maker Live file when I do download it?

Alright, due to some creative decisions on my part, my initial idea for Act 1 of Complex Caverns is being turned into cutscene music for the intro to the stage (which should be loopable for Jassbec's ease). Act 1 and 2 are now going to have some more tone differences and themes then I initially planned on, since the original theme didn't quite fit the Sonic vibe.

Just a tip to the programmers (?): make sure that every song you get is .WAV or .ogg as MMF2/Sonic Worlds only accepts them, converting them yourself will result in a lot more quality loss than you getting it from the musician.

It's a really nice track.

Yes, i'm aware Sonic Worlds only accepts WAV or OGG, but due to framerate issues when using OGG... i'm using WAV. I can't tell how much more quality OGG has over WAV...sooo...

Alright, due to some creative decisions on my part, my initial idea for Act 1 of Complex Caverns is being turned into cutscene music for the intro to the stage (which should be loopable for Jassbec's ease). Act 1 and 2 are now going to have some more tone differences and themes then I initially planned on, since the original theme didn't quite fit the Sonic vibe.

Complex Caverns? seems like you're having way to much fun with it, loljk.

Loopable music makes my life easier indeed!

Complex Caverns? seems like you're having way to much fun with it, loljk.

Loopable music makes my life easier indeed!

Oh heck yes I am, even if my musical inexperience hampers me somewhat, lol.

Act 1's is going to be based around the idea that Sonic is pretty creeped out with where he wound up, with ominous and foreboding qualities; the enviroment is very dark and mysterious in comparison.

Inspirations: Droid Void,

, and hints of other songs.

Act 2, however, shows Sonic overcoming his fears and treading on, and the music starts to become more peaceful and bright, yet still with that underground feeling; rays of sunlight are sprouting out from parts of the ceiling in the cavern, and the level looks a little brighter.

Inspirations:

and Life in the Mines.

Act 3 I think actually reuses Act 2 music, because a mere few steps in, Robotnik suddenly atomizes in the background in a Big Transister head, vaporizes the caverns supports, and forces Sonic to escape from the collapsing cave while avoiding his attacks from the background, exiting into Raindrop Ruin. The music is fast, tense, and suitably epic.

Inspiration: Rickety Rails. ( I might actually ask someone else to compose this one, lol)

So yes, I'm selfishly harboring this zone for myself, lmao.

Oh heck yes I am, even if my musical inexperience hampers me somewhat, lol.

Act 1's is going to be based around the idea that Sonic is pretty creeped out with where he wound up, with ominous and foreboding qualities; the enviroment is very dark and mysterious in comparison.

Inspirations: Droid Void,

, and hints of other songs.

Act 2, however, shows Sonic overcoming his fears and treading on, and the music starts to become more peaceful and bright, yet still with that underground feeling; rays of sunlight are sprouting out from parts of the ceiling in the cavern, and the level looks a little brighter.

Inspirations:

and Life in the Mines.

Act 3 I think actually reuses Act 2 music, because a mere few steps in, Robotnik suddenly atomizes in the background in a Big Transister head, vaporizes the caverns supports, and forces Sonic to escape from the collapsing cave while avoiding his attacks from the background, exiting into Raindrop Ruin. The music is fast, tense, and suitably epic.

Inspiration: Rickety Rails. ( I might actually ask someone else to compose this one, lol)

So yes, I'm selfishly harboring this zone for myself, lmao.

It's actually a little hilarious since i made this zone up when i made the thread, there were no plans for the zone whatsoever.

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, should we "hire" a pixel artist so he/she can help us with the game's art?

It's actually a little hilarious since i made this zone up when i made the thread, there were no plans for the zone whatsoever.

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, should we "hire" a pixel artist so he/she can help us with the game's art?

Speaking of which, how is this?

As far as "hiring" pixel artists, I figure that if that's the case, they might be more inclined to join up if we show that our game itself is progressing; it can be hard to convince people if your product is stagnant...though of course, nothing is stopping you from that now, just show them the thread, the music, the everything, lol.

We can likely provide some assets of our own in the meantime, whether recycled or beta originals. :P

Speaking of which, how is this?

As far as "hiring" pixel artists, I figure that if that's the case, they might be more inclined to join up if we show that our game itself is progressing; it can be hard to convince people if your product is stagnant...though of course, nothing is stopping you from that now, just show them the thread, the music, the everything, lol.

We can likely provide some assets of our own in the meantime, whether recycled or beta originals. :P

We should get one after SAGE, who knows, we might get lucky :P

And that cutscene music sounds really good.

EDIT: You used the logo! :3

We should get one after SAGE, who knows, we might get lucky :P

And that cutscene music sounds really good.

EDIT: You used the logo! :3

Thankya'; I don't really think too much of it on account of the lack of variety in it, even if its just a loop; I either might go back in and mess with it again, or give people plenty of freedom when remastering it. :P

And yesh, I figured it would be appropriate.

Also, I might be posting less content for a little while on account of finals. :x

Thankya'; I don't really think too much of it on account of the lack of variety in it, even if its just a loop; I either might go back in and mess with it again, or give people plenty of freedom when remastering it. :P

And yesh, I figured it would be appropriate.

Also, I might be posting less content for a little while on account of finals. :x

Yeah, me too.

Of course, that being said I would like to go back and reattempt an American-style cover for the game, much more accurate to the depiction of Ass-faced Sonic, even if coloring it will be a (lesson-teaching) pain in the ass. :P

Great, i really liked the first one, can wait to see how this one looks like.

BTW, i'm working on Raindrop Ruins rain effects thanks to a certain awesome person.

Okay gentlemen, these are my plans for SAGE 13.

Release a demo of Sonic FtB with the following levels:

Green Gate - All acts (no boss)

Raindrop Ruins - All acts (if possible,no boss)

Caliente Carnival (if we can actually manage to have some extra time, maybe an act or two, no boss)

I've been making some calculations, and i would like to finish the game for SAGE 14, if not possible an individual release (a la ATS), if the game gets finished near SAGE 15 it will be released on SAGE 15. ( i doubt the game will take that long)

So yeah.

Okay gentlemen, these are my plans for SAGE 13.

Release a demo of Sonic FtB with the following levels:

Green Gate - All acts (no boss)

Raindrop Ruins - All acts (if possible,no boss)

Caliente Carnival (if we can actually manage to have some extra time, maybe an act or two, no boss)

I've been making some calculations, and i would like to finish the game for SAGE 14, if not possible an individual release (a la ATS), if the game gets finished near SAGE 15 it will be released on SAGE 15. ( i doubt the game will take that long)

So yeah.

Sounds good to me. :P I can get to work on badnik and tile ideas (I've actually sneaked a badnik for Frozen Foliage into an assignment, as well, and the new American-Sonic art is coming together well to add).

(Also, after sobering up from last night's insomnia, I'm feelin' real iffy about that cutscene music still; I feel I could really do better. So now I've been lookin' back at some of the slightly simpler tunes of Sonic 1 and 4 to listen to how the tracks work with each other and such. As a result, it might be a while until Cave Complex music is worked on. Considering no work has been done on it though, all is well. :P)

Sounds good to me. :P I can get to work on badnik and tile ideas (I've actually sneaked a badnik for Frozen Foliage into an assignment, as well, and the new American-Sonic art is coming together well to add).

(Also, after sobering up from last night's insomnia, I'm feelin' real iffy about that cutscene music still; I feel I could really do better. So now I've been lookin' back at some of the slightly simpler tunes of Sonic 1 and 4 to listen to how the tracks work with each other and such. As a result, it might be a while until Cave Complex music is worked on. Considering no work has been done on it though, all is well. :P)

We should focus more on those 3 zones at the moment, of course, if you want to make concepts for other zones, feel free.

( just remember we have an unespecified deadline )