A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic ATS - Released

LakeFeperd

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh, finally got verified! Anywho, I played the newest demo as soon as it came out, and I gotta' say I really love Lange's tracks in action. I've been listening to his tracks on Soundcloud after I found the link a while back. Is Falk going to remix them/give them a CD-style soundfont for the final game?

Also, I realize you were going to go with Moonlight Mansion, but to me "Sinister Citadel" has a nice ring to it. Too bad they lack the same first letter. :/

As for the demo itself, pretty great! Are you planning on creating new sprites for the spring/Rhinobot hybrids or are they staying as is? Regardless, can't wait for the whole game. Hell, I still need to play Before the Sequel in the meantime. :I

@BlitznBurst

SS is still in progress, but i think i've finished most of his sprites by now =P

@BlitznBurst

@Geckoroverse

well, not really

but i could try later

@GameMaster0097

well, that's the only level in tha game that's like this, it as supposed to feel like you are almost melting.

i could try tweaking the effect later, but i'll leave as it is for now

I liked the scalding water effect, unless that's supposed to be lava. Is redhot ride supposed to be like Hidden Palace melting and becoming the new version?

You misunderstood me. I like the effect the lava brings but when you're in the lava the brightness is set to high. You can lower it but still keep the effect. Lowering the brightness won't change the effect.

Hey, new composer working on the soundtrack. He composed the music Lake used for Parhelion Peak act 1 and I guess Lake or Falk got him to work on the soundtrack (Although admittedly I actually preferred the original placeholder track in the demo to Act 1's track which he released but oh well)

http://soundcloud.com/dj-max-e-productions

... Is it bad that I'm actually more interested in the soundtrack than the actual game? D:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Alright, so...

anyone wants to do some beta testing?

cuz, well, the game is done.

but the soundtrack is nowhere near finished which means the game won't be released so soon, really.

to anyone that wants to beta test, could at least one of you record your first playtrough? and upload it to youtube as private video, i really want to optimize the level design.

there is still some few things that aren't finished yet, like the credits, and tails still doesnt have a new sprite. (not sure what i'm going to do with that)

Alright, so...

anyone wants to do some beta testing?

cuz, well, the game is done.

but the soundtrack is nowhere near finished which means the game won't be released so soon, really.

to anyone that wants to beta test, could at least one of you record your first playtrough? and upload it to youtube as private video, i really want to optimize the level design.

there is still some few things that aren't finished yet, like the credits, and tails still doesnt have a new sprite. (not sure what i'm going to do with that)

I wouldn't mind beta testing. I have a lot of insight on game design!

i'm sorry to say but, i'm not going to let everyone of you play the game, this is just some earlier beta test there will be probably one more later.

my objective is mostly in optimizing the level deisng.

if anyone of you is able to record the gameplay, just say it (i'm sorry if that is a bit too much)