A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic CD Remake Thread

luksamuk

Definitely it is, dude. With clear references to Sonic 4 on the trailer and Metal Sonic already confirmed on Episode II, through the ending of Episode I, hell yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if Sonic 4 Episode II had Time Travel too.

Fuck Time Travel, I hope that Episode II has Retro Sonic's engine!

• Like 1

Slingerland just said over at Retro that Sonic 4 episode 2 will not use the Retro engine. Don't get your hopes up for Sonic 4 its just going to be the same garbage as episode 1.

As for Sonic CD I read its got both soundtracks and the 2 different spin dashes plus widescreen support. Bitchin.

• Like 1

As for Sonic CD I read its got both soundtracks and the 2 different spin dashes plus widescreen support. Bitchin.

Both soundtracks?! =D Woot!

I was always bothered by Sega of America's insistence that all previous versions of Sonic CD have the NA soundtrack. xD I mean, it's good, but it's a bummer that the only way you could get the JAP soundtrack was through importing or emulation. Now that won't be a problem.

Slingerland just said over at Retro that Sonic 4 episode 2 will not use the Retro engine. Don't get your hopes up for Sonic 4 its just going to be the same garbage as episode 1.

Sega must feel terrible knowing that a fan is better than their lead programmer at their own shit.

SEGA's problem is probably far more bad design than bad programming. They have the resources to recruit just about whatever team of programmers they could want after all.

I guess what i really mean to say is, if Taxman was given a small team to make Sonic 4.2 with, and the Sonic 4 team created their own version, i'd reckon Taxman's version would be more anticipated than Sega's, because the fans (like alot of us here) seem to study the old games more than their own employees do.

Which isn't surprising, given Segas track record as of late. But it's still quite saddening. I dont expect everyone who calls themselves part of "Sonic Team" to be an expert, bu-

....well hey, you know, it just now hit me why sonic games started to suck when they did. It's just like you say -- the old minds leave, and even if they had MORE programming talent it just doesn't offset the loss.

Sonic 4's engine was fine. It just wasn't fine for a "SONIC" game, especially one that tries to be like the genesis games. It scares me when i ask myself if Sonic 4's shortcomings were due to them not caring, or them just not knowing the difference between sonic 4 and the genesis titles. If it's the latter, that's a really, really, really sad thing.

I'm interested to find out how the bosses will work with the new widescreen resolution. Surely they'd be framed wrong (ie the first boss moves between a fixed location which would a hell of a lot wider in this version thus making him easier to hit from behind).

Don't get your hopes up for Sonic 4 its just going to be the same garbage as episode 1.

Eh, it wasn't really garbage.

I'm quite a fan of Episode 1 myself.

Although, I think they should've just left Sonic CD alone.

Time travel should be left out of Episode 2 if that's what they're thinking.

Time travel sucks.

(Don't worry, Overbound, I'm still looking forward to Time Twisted.)

Yeah, like every time I play Sonic CD I feel like I'm forced to obtain a perfect game.

Sometimes Wacky Workbench can be a pain if you don't know the right paths to take for, you know, going 88 miles per hour.

Metallic Madness is the worst.

My dad actually put where to find the good paths for time travel in the instruction booklet back in the day.

Sometimes, I break it out.

The worst is playing Sonic CD on a Sega CD where the audio is kind of weird.

Like the stage music is kind of low, the jumping is OK but the main thing is the time travel spiel where it blows your god damn ear drums out.

All in all, it's great to see I can finally make some space and sell my Sega CD.

Sonic CD was the only thing that was making me keep it.

I know Gems Collection had it but I live by this philosophy that if I already own the game/product it would be pointless to buy another version.

Especially knowing that I also own Sonic R and have a Game Gear emulator for Triple Trouble.

The best is that the emulator is on a Gamecast.