A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Dash (Open Source WIP)

Hey, Yosh, I should IM you about this but.

Since this is a community kind of thing ( open source, usuually leads to a fanbase/devbase ), dont you think that you should have a character template?

Like which animation goes in which frame, etc.

No, since animations are defined by variables. Tails, for example, wouldn't have the same number of frames than Sonic or Knuckles :E

I just may have to use this engine lol.

How do I chance the transparent color in the sprite editor?

clipboard01gz3.png

I'm trying to get this to work, but it keeps making the black transparent. I want the white to be transparent, not the black=/

@azu

the pipe system - lol ive already made a sort of pipe system, but the problem is its not very efficient..... lol its just objects which tell the engine to keep on rolling and to change direction...

the inverted curve thing - lol same, i made that a day b4 ure ogininal post about it, but never bothered to register on these forums

@rogueyoshi

ive finished the 'incomplete' test zone, and added a 'boss zone' (complete with fully functional boss), and with a few minor things to be added (which i aint done yet), then will u put it in the zip (i doubt it thow :P)?

the problem is that when i started, the latest version of ure engine was the 6th august one.... so its still based on the 6th aug one not the latest one....

@everyone

ive tried quite a few things, but i can't seem to get it work.

i want everything to act like room_width is 448 (views stopping as if it were, player stopping as if it were).

i can get the player to stop, but not the view

however, i did manage to get it working correctly, views aswell, but the problem is it that is displays an error - yet the only way it will work atm is if this error is displaied?

how can i do it without having to resort to an error?

@azu

ive finished the 'incomplete' test zone, and added a 'boss zone' (complete with fully functional boss), and with a few minor things to be added (which i aint done yet), then will u put it in the zip (i doubt it thow :P)?

the problem is that when i started, the latest version of ure engine was the 6th august one.... so its still based on the 6th aug one not the latest one....

thanks for wanting to contribute to Sonic Dash. i dont mind adding your content to the game, just upload it, and i will merge it with the newest version.

Dude, you should add a pipe system like Chemical Plant Zone, and something like in Metorlopis Zone.

I added it before, but never got time to add it in the rewrite. like dami said, its dead easy. all you have to do is make an object that collides with the player, and make the player go into a forced roll state. also make it so that if the player goes below a specific speed, set the speed to a higher value. then, make sure to make an object that deactivates this state.

EDIT: nvm i just realized you said CPZ. all you have to do is make 4 objects that change the player's directions, plus an object that starts the state and an object that ends the state.