A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Dash (Open Source WIP)

check your pm inbox midiman, i apologize for that little misunderstanding with the HUD sprites.

Oh, thats no problem then, long as I know what happened.

Edit:

[qimg]http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/5880/sonicdashwatergarbledfd9.png[/qimg]

some weird graphics scripting, care to look out for that?

distortion.PNG

THIS is what you should be seeing, its due to some kind of vram error, i was drawing primitives with textures that weren't a power of 2, im working on a way to circumvent that problem now...

I encourage everyone to try out Gamemaker: the script language might look hard at first, but later it gets much much easier and allows you to do more stuff than with D&D

I just downloaded it, I am confused as hell. I just figured out how to put objects in a playfield.

I just downloaded it, I am confused as hell. I just figured out how to put objects in a playfield.

If you're confused, you should look at the Help first: it's very very good and helpful: explains how everything is sorted and how does GM internally work

Found one bug, i spin dashed near the first big ramp you come to and accidently jumped as i let go of down.

Sonic jumped into the vertical wall and stopped, However the camera kept going to the right then stopped.

Making sonic go left didnt fix it but when i spin dashed back up to the top the camera righted itself.

Edit: tried recreating it and it still does, Not sure with GM might be a camera issue.

A bit too much to the left XD

bug.jpg

its not really a bug, just a little oversight. the camera freezes when you spindash or use the flame shield, like in official games. it then unfreezes when you almost leave the view. that happens when you DONT leave the screen after activating that effect. i just need to make a little timer variable to keep track of that.

It's not an actual bug: In original Sonic games, when the player uses the Spindash, the camera stays still until Sonic gets to the margins of the screen. Of course, the values used here may not be the correct ones, nor the methods :/

Edit: Aw, you were faster, Yoshi n_n

It's not an actual bug: In original Sonic games, when the player uses the Spindash, the camera stays still until Sonic gets to the margins of the screen. Of course, the values used here may not be the correct ones, nor the methods :/

Edit: Aw, you were faster, Yoshi n_n

lol, indeed.

EDIT: fixed and updated.

I think this engine could help anyone out. Hey Yoshi have you ever thought of implenting grinding?

it seems really easy to do, but im focusing on the classic movesets right now. but if you want, you can just take the wallsliding code and work from there.

updated, added Water shield action.

yeah, you can, but im removing the link until midiman either gives the ok to use his hud, or declines.

Really, now that I look at it, its not that big of a deal, im going to make a SE version anyways.

Go ahead and use it, long as whoever's using it gives credit/proper acknowledgement

from now on, im going to do more to help out those who use TGF, or MMF but seem interested in using GM for their games. i will be adding eplainations on adding explainations to the gml lingo, as well as add more helpful comments to the code.

EDIT: Updated:

7/24/06

- springs now work correctly in any gravity angle