A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Dash (Open Source WIP)

yeah, change it. ever since i changed the filename, its been causing problems.

Updated:

7/26/06

- added water splash.

- fixed enemy/monitor bouncing.

- changed "Music\0.mp3" to "Music\R1.mp3".

- updated HUD.

7/25/06

- fixed springs once again.

- fixed bug that caused some stuff not to get drawn while underwater.

Well got the update and still having th music problem.

seems to be a glich on this pc..Unless anyone can find bad coding.

Hmm, let me try running a defernet piece of music.

Okay I ran other MP3s with the game and they worked fine. Can anybody direct me to the place that has a copy of the R1 MP3?

Well got the update and still having th music problem.

seems to be a glich on this pc..Unless anyone can find bad coding.

Hmm, let me try running a defernet piece of music.

Okay I ran other MP3s with the game and they worked fine. Can anybody direct me to the place that has a copy of the R1 MP3?

it happens to me as well. ill replace that mp3.

and the mp3 was given to me.

Updated:

7/27/06

- added edge wobble.

- tidyed up some code.

Hey guys, a little note for you.

If you really are confused about GM, why not take the time to load up this engine and break it down? I mean, if you can break down something this advanced, youd be able to script period.

Below is a double post that has been automagically merged into the original.

Hey, remember when I said I dont need that HUD anymore SFGHQ?

signaturevg9.png

download the " I felt like doing this so I can make an even cooler HUD than this one " sheet :>

sorry, i screwed up something and forgot to test it before i compiled >_>

EDIT: I had to completely destroy the replay function in order to fix that error. dont worry, ill reimplement a more optimized version of it later.

Updated:

7/31/06

- added checkpoints.

- changed timing system.

*butts in*

Corkscrews are basically platforms with superforeground covering on them, easy to conceptulize, but pretty dang impressive. The animation is the only thing that gets people annoyed.

And it basically goes like (PlayerXAnimations + XPosition / XSizeOfCorkscrew )

So that if the animation had 8 frames, and the corkscrew was 256 pixels wide, youd have an animation every 32 pixels, which gives you the idea of the corkscrew in works.

But I seriously cant answer your question

Sine movement, as in the flags like on the loop 'D' loops?

PS: What would make a good room size? I'm guessing 8000X8000.

16384x4096 is the common size on a Sonic level. As for corkscrew, they're easy. You only need to change the Y position depending on player's current X position relative to the corkscrew. Let's say the corkscrew size is of 256x128. So for calculating the position Y on a determined position X would be...

var relativePosition, positionAngle;
relativePosition = min(max(0, x - objCorkscrew.x), 256);
positionAngle    = degtorad((relativePosition/256)*180); // Rule of three! Rule of three! 
y               = (objCorkscrew.y + 128) - sin(positionAngle)*128;

Let's explain the code a little. Since we want to know in wich position Y should we place player depending on where are we on the corkscrew, we're going to use Sin to get the "circular" value (meaning that the player is going to go up smoothly). Since sin does a full circle in a sequence (0 degrees = 0, 90 degrees = 1, 180 degrees = 0), we get the corresponding angle from 0 to 180 depending on the position inside the corkscrew and multiply it for the height of the corkscrew. This way, we can get out in wich position should the player be placed to.