A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SAGE 2010 Announced: Dates and Info

Slingerland

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

imo, it just has to not hurt my eyes. lol

Off topic: Hey Justin, what graphics library are you using for C++? Just wondering since I was considering porting my engine to it and haven't decided between Allegro, SDL, or SFML(even though I haven't been able to get SFML to work with either VC++2010 or NetBeans yet >=/)

It doesn't even have to be remixing. Placeholders would do.

Place holding is a dumb idea. Why would you create extra work for yourself loading graphics you don't even plan on using. Remixing is fine everyone does it even the people who make really neat graphics remix. It seems we only use the phrase remix when its obvious though. But the fact is everyone does it. Anyway don't use too much from any one level and change colors to make things look more unique and you and anyone who else who tries will do fine.

Wish I could of entered this year but I just don't have enough content done that I want shown. (I'd rather show official levels as for I'll put way more thought/time into them than just show case stages)

I look forward to all the other entries though. Since I got a more kick ass computer I'm thinking of video recording my play-throughs(no reviews) of all the games and make a topic of it. I always loved watching others play mine,so I hope they'll feel the same.

Looks as though I'll be pretty spotty as to when I can and can't make it this year, which kind of sucks. Scott Pilgrim comes out that Friday, and I've got other plans earlier in the week. I'll shoot for whenever I can I suppose. Hope it's as great as last year!

P.S. Do a Time Extension like last year pl0x ;P

Unfortunately I am not going to be able to get my game demo done in time for the event. (more than a couple setbacks happening)

On a good note, I'm shooting for for next year, while it's Sonic's 20th. And good luck to those who enter this year! Something to be excited about at least.

Sonic FreeRunner will have a demo build of a part of the first stage, in time for SAGE I'm pretty sure, but although the booth will be done in time for sending the download will make a close shave possibly popping just in time for the expo to begin, so yeah. :P Just thought I'd get that out there.

Good luck, even though there's only 3 days until the submission deadline, i'm sure a lot of fangamers can whip up quite a bit in that time.

I'm a bit sad that I won't be submitting a booth this year, but still somewhat relieved that there's now another full year to make more, better stuff for the next one.

Attraction%20Attact%20Future%20Test3.png

Attraction%20Attact%20Past%20Test3.png

Far as I got. Maybe I'll shoot for mid SAGE. Techniqually I haven't even finished my first level I still have a few odds and ends to clean up. However I do have a workable demo submitted already I'll probably just update it before SAGE starts. There's also a slim chance I'll finish this level and submit it half way through SAGE or something.