A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SAGE 2010 Announced: Dates and Info

Slingerland

top.png

It’s that time of the year again, folks. The weather is getting warmer, people are barbecuing… and SAGE is on the menu, right next to the potato salad. Delicious! Well, get ready for another grand year of fan games, events and mingling because it’s right around the corner!

So make those finishing touches on your labors of love, and get ready to show them off! To submit your demos or to schedule an event, send the following respective application to: [email protected]

SAGE 2010 is coming to a computer near you August 8th – August 14th at http://www.sagexpo.org!

TO SUBMIT A BOOTH

The subject of your e-mail should be “Booth.” Your e-mail should contain a link to your booth where we may download a working demo of your game. This should be the final booth location of where you would like your demo to be linked to on the SAGE website. If this booth location changes, please notify us no later than 48 hours before the beginning of SAGE."

TO SCHEDULE AN EVENT

The subject of your e-mail should be “Event.” Your e-mail should contain a description of the event you would like to host and what day(s) you would like the event to occur on. If you require specific time(s) to host your event, please provide it to us in your application. If no specific time is provided, we will schedule you at the most appropriate time(s) alongside other events. You will be notified of the time(s) we schedule for you within 24 hours after your intial application e-mail.

The deadline for demo and event submissions is August 1st.

More information, like guests, events and confirmed fan projects, to come in the near future. Get excited!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's talking about the remix that was on Retro's main page a month or two ago.

Scarletdark SAGE is always a great time. Lots of demos get released, you get to talk to everyone in the SAGE chat room, if you made a game you get tons of feedback, I usually make an ass of myself. Its a great time, like a holiday that doesn't suck.

I agree w/OB. Besides, if its good we can use all the good stuff we can get! lol(Just speaking from previous experience of sifting through a bunch of stuff to find anything worth playing/seeing). I think it'll be interesting to see what sort of things are being made now that the Sonic Worlds system has been popularized and all. Aside from that it looks like theres some interesting 3D projects, which is a change from the last time I was here :D

I completely didn't even know when SAGE happened last year(in another country on deployment), but I'm hoping this year I can at least show a GM engine I've been working on : ) Not very presentable at the moment but I just want it to the point where it has enough features to facilitate the development of a full game w/o much adjustment outside of stage gimmicks.

Can we have booths for engines?

I know we don't want any engine tests but say that someone had an engine that they'd been working on and were planning to release as editable to the community. Could said person or persons create a booth and maybe give a little info on how people could get started on their own fan games.

Perhaps its not booth material but maybe could still be involved with SAGE somehow? I know that with GameMaker you need an engine then you need the GSI dll and some sort of sound dll and you have to learn GML of course. So its not THE most simple thing in the world and maybe some people would appreciate an engine and a step in the right direction.

Okay guys, I just wanted to voice my opinion that I think it's ridiculous that you want us to give you a demo the full week before SAGE begins... we should be allowed to update the demo the night before, like we would be able to every other year. Hell, some booths would generally not even require a demo at all. Many booths have had only screenshots or videos. I think we shouldn't be required to send you anything but the booth registration - if we want to put a demo up on our booth before SAGE comes, we should be at leisure to do that. This just seems like a silly rule.

I know in SAGE 08 some people only got their demos done in the middle of SAGE, and I agree that's a problem, but there should be nothing wrong with completing the demo by the day of SAGE.

edit: I just want to clarify that it's fine to register a booth by that August 1st deadline, but getting the demo together and finalized by then is ridiculous since there is a whole week after that point that we could use to polish our games. If that's what you meant, then it's not a problem.

I could see you guys wanting the demos early so you could put together some sort of teaser video to promote SAGE, but we should be allowed to update that demo before SAGE starts still. That would be reasonable, right?

Rael I totally agree but at the same time I think its kind of a none issue. I'm goning to upload my demo on Aug 1st and then if I decide to re upload a demo that's a bit more complete I plan to. As long as I use the same URL it changes nothing and I doubt anyone will care.

On another note I'm still kinda waiting for an answer to the question above.^^