A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SAGE 2010 Announced: Dates and Info

Slingerland

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait ^^

I'm having to rush to put together a demo for SA3 (it will be much better than last year's demo), and I might have an engine to show off as well. I only started working at the last second though, hate it when that happens xp

I'm actually going to push hard to get a two act demo of Sonic Mobius prepared for SAGE next month. Even though I said before that I was passing it up this year, I have too much time on my hands at this point.

It's pretty cool to see what others have going too, it's going to be exciting!

I'm actually going to push hard to get a two act demo of Sonic Mobius prepared for SAGE next month. Even though I said before that I was passing it up this year, I have too much time on my hands at this point.

It's pretty cool to see what others have going too, it's going to be exciting!

Yes I know what you mean. I pushed hard and got the first level done even though I had to restart the whole design once. Now I've just started on the graphics and programed a few gimmicks for another level but I'm pushing hard to get the act done. I doubt it will happen.

Yes I know what you mean. I pushed hard and got the first level done even though I had to restart the whole design once. Now I've just started on the graphics and programed a few gimmicks for another level but I'm pushing hard to get the act done. I doubt it will happen.

I have doubts for myself, there's so much to do with mine yet. I suppose it's going to be a 'see if I can get enough done in time' kind of thing. It has been a long time dream to have a booth at SAGE.

I'm pretty impressed with what you've done so far, I hope you can finish the act in time.

I will probably not make it, as I have decided to step up my spriting and coding on Sonic Renegade. That will take time, and I don't think I can design a good 2 act zone, finish making/editing Sonic's sprite, and re-design the first zone. The first zone is Sapphire Sea Zone but it looks to close to Sonic Nexus. It was part of my inspiration. :D I loved Sonic Nexus sooooo much, I tried to take the mac version to school and lie to the teacher saying it was a word pad tool, installed onto my flash drive. However, it didn't run. D:

I have plans for my fangame, changing the graphics is first on my list. Also, I thought I had until the 8th, when I re-read this thread, I realized that I had only 9 days, NOT sixteen days. I thought I could do it, but maybe not.

Leoru, you should enter what you have now and just update the demo through the week. Sounds like that's the plan for a few people here.

What I have now is not even 1/50 of an act. I might have been able to, if I wasn't kicked out of my room so it could be painted an awesome blue. For now I'm making Sonic's sprites. That's 80+ images to make, I need to add more to Sapphire Sea, fix some collision bugs, and my PC is six years old. It doesn't really cooperate most of the time, but I hope to be able to make it, otherwise, I'll make the next SAGE.

Heh, I usually make sure my demo's done by mid-July when I wanna enter. You people oughta do more on your projects in advance.

Well, to be honest - I don't like the idea of working on fangames for years on end ;P As soon as my engine is done, I either a)get a competent team that can finish it in a time frame that fits a human life and attention span, b)just work that fast, or c)quit.

I still wonder why SAGE isn't twice a year since the scope of our games is ultimately so small too but I guess thats just me. I'm sure its not worth any debate. lol : )