A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

usernames

Ligar

oh hey guys my name is Streak Thunderstorm (I have a furry after myself, it's like Sonic but black and white and his spikes are crazy, be jealous). I always call you guys nerds and talk about how I'm cool because I play contact sports and swim and exercise and stuff because I'm insecure about being on a forum about making Sonic the Hedgehog games

askyofpower.jpg

Now I know the first rule regarding trolls is not to feed them, but I've got to settle this clear misunderstanding.

Thats pathetic. You just sunk this nerd ship to a whole new league under the sea.

I didn't get called espeed because I loved Sonic. I just ran through the hallways. That, and I had (and still have) quite the fascination with fast cars. As a matter of fact, I drew cars. Labeled them "espeed" because I wanted to be a car designer. I still draw cars up to this day. I've logged more hours playing Forza and Gran Turismo than Sonic. As I said earlier, 623 was an unintentional reference. I only found out about the reference because I randomly research stuff. If you don't have any more stupid remarks... this is basically the whole goddamned history behind my screenname. End of story.

Why do you have to be such an asshole to everyone, Streak?

Why would anyone be furious at someone saying stuff just to say stuff and to get a reaction. My original intention for this thread was to make a new professional name for myself other than my favorite character, the first letter of my name and my lucky number. I'm trying to take my future art seriously.

Lets keep things civil and intelligent from here on out please.

What you just said... didnt help the situation AT ALL.

Yeah I know you're furious. Ban me.

Are you a spam bot? Are you Blazefire? Congratulations, you just passed the only two criteria you need to not be banned from SFGHQ.

Actually, it's not about being a douche or not, it's about being a douche with consistency.

Baha. I find Streak to be extremely entertaining. He consistently utters remarks of blatant sarcasm, yet rather than responding to the sarcasm like one would in a real life situation... people on here freak out and try using logistics as the solution.

If someone is in a sense mocking you, responding to them in a prime and concise manner is only going to FUEL the fire. They never wanted an honest and true answer from you; the fact that you chose to respond that way shows you give some credence to what they are saying. Pretty much giving them a license to be a continual dick towards you.

There is a place for those whom berate/mock the world out there, it garners comic relief for themselves and those around them. It's when people become hypersensitive that these people are viewed as "outcasts" or "assholes".

Come on people, this is social interaction 101. If you can't handle moderate trolling on a website which I believe has an above-average intelligence, not sure how you're ever going to properly live within social norms.

(...and I'm off to lurk more.)

Edit: Here's an actual response to the thread.

Per Webster:

Main Entry: em·i·nence

Pronunciation: \ˈe-mə-nən(t)s\

Function: noun

Date: 15th century

1 : a position of prominence or superiority

2 : one that is eminent, prominent, or lofty: as a : an anatomical protuberance (as on a bone) b : a person of high rank or attainments —often used as a title for a cardinal c : a natural elevation

Baha. I find Streak to be extremely entertaining. He consistently utters remarks of blatant sarcasm, yet rather than responding to the sarcasm like one would in a real life situation... people on here freak out and try using logistics as the solution.

If someone is in a sense mocking you, responding to them in a prime and concise manner is only going to FUEL the fire. They never wanted an honest and true answer from you; the fact that you chose to respond that way shows you give some credence to what they are saying. Pretty much giving them a license to be a continual dick towards you.

There is a place for those whom berate/mock the world out there, it garners comic relief for themselves and those around them. It's when people become hypersensitive that these people are viewed as "outcasts" or "assholes".

Come on people, this is social interaction 101. If you can't handle moderate trolling on a website which I believe has an above-average intelligence, not sure how you're ever going to properly live within social norms.

(...and I'm off to lurk more.)

Edit: Here's an actual response to the thread.

Per Webster:

Main Entry: em·i·nence

Pronunciation: \ˈe-mə-nən(t)s\

Function: noun

Date: 15th century

1 : a position of prominence or superiority

2 : one that is eminent, prominent, or lofty: as a : an anatomical protuberance (as on a bone) b : a person of high rank or attainments —often used as a title for a cardinal c : a natural elevation

<3 alas. One of the nerds gets me!

PG is a prime example. He says dickish things, but he's at least funny at it.

I agree with this. I wanted to punch PG in the face a few times, but he's still fun to read.

You need to get the fuck out of SFGHQ. I may be a dick at all times but nobody likes you.

I don't have anything against GG...

Then again, it's not like anyone cares what I say.