A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic the Hedgehog Classic

Hez

Repost from S2BETA so ignore the maturity ;)

So you guys have probably heard of my game, Sonic Classic. It's nearing completion, but theres something missing. It's you guys! Before I put finishing touches, and other nick nacks in the game, I want your opinions. As of now, I am going to go through the current level line up.

Aqua2.png

Another Aqua Arena (Planet :P)

Greenhillonos.png

OH SHT THE GIANT BADNIK CHALLENGE RETURNZ for both classic and sonic 1 mode :3

dustyboss.png

O SHT AGAN its a boss

gigalop.png

gigalop2.png

Moar gigalopolis

lustrlakz.png

lustrlakz2.png

Some of luster lake

021.png

Special stage...may scrap

finalboss.png

IS IT TEH FINAL BOSS? OR ALMOST FINAL? SHT...sprite by flare, who is an awesome spritest :P

levelselect.png

Semi final level select...woot?

And of course, the video's you've all probably seen...

Hazel Hills

Dusty Dunes...with a partially new Knuckles Sprite

Crystal Caverns...layer issues I know

Gigalopolis...etc...

Robot Rave...atleast part ;)

To show what Sonic 1 mode will be like

To show how time trials work...

Now here's where the problem comes. I've got numerous emails and messages asking this question. "Where is Rocky Route zone?" Quite frankly, it was a horrible zone.

mountain.png

And here is the picture of the zone in question. If it is popular enough, I can and will place it back in the game. It was sort of a Hill Top esq zone, being about the same as Hazel Hills with minor changes. Now here comes the other question. "Where is Mystic Mines zone?" As this is not as popular as Rocky Route (and quite frankly, I don't know why) it is being asked.

MysticMines.png

The second zone in question. As of now, it is canned. I may bring it back. but this would make the release date pushed back further.

And another zone I've been asked abotu is bridge zone.

Jpeglol.jpg

I've been asked many times if it is going to be in Classic. The anser as of now is no, it will not be in Classic. If the demand is high, then sure Ill push the release date back further and sweat a bit more.

With this in mind, Aqua Arena is also on the border of being removed, because of time issues. If everyone is wanting these zones in, then so be it. I can also go the "S&K" route and remove them for now, and then release a Sonic Classic and Fang game. Featuring the removed zones and extras with lock on. It's all up to you guys. With a lock on feature

If it is pushed back, and an S&K type deal is made, things like the following would be very possible in its sequal

Untitled-1.jpg

Such as this

While on subject, this game features a bunch of "Challenges"

009-1.png

such as beat the game with no rings, find all the giant enemys, beat the game backwards etc. Completing these will unlock secrets :3

My question is, are there any features you'd love to see? Any features I should veto? Please, I really do want your input.

Greenhillonos.png

Yay for giant enemys in every level mode =4

Please forgive my typing, I am hammered right now. I thought it would be a great time to do this now.

• Like 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game looks really good and I look forward to trying it. I really like your level design and layout. Are you using mmf?

About the missing levels, I would keep aqua arena and mystic mines. I like the look of them and water zones are my favourite. You could do the lock on thing or you could just push the release date further back. There is no reason to try and rush it just to finish in a certain time. I'm willing to wait.

Keep up the good work.

I've been following your videos on youtube, this is looking absolutely amazing. Love your custom level art!

By the way, I just saw your Labyrinth video on youtube. I noticed Sonic actually rolls down the walls instead of sliding right off. There's a hidden sensor object in Sonic Worlds (that is what you're using, right?) that you can place over the slope to make him do that.

Wow, this looks amazing and it's nearly complete!

The mix of graphics presents totally new levels, you did an excelent job.

I think it would not hurt if you pushed a bit the release date and included the Brigde zone, it's looks fantastic.

My only complain is about Dusty Dunes zone, the wave effect is too strong and makes the level confusing sometimes.

Can't wait to play it.

Indeed this game looks great. I've played the demo and must admit that gameplay is enjoyable and very classic-ish. Object placement is good (not perfect though), level doesn't feel empty and physics are really good.

There is one thing that is bothering me however. You claim it as a classic game so what does ranking system do in this game? Ranking just doesn't fit, really.

Wonderful! I explect a release soon!

*Created brown pants*

Also in Response to the remark on the ranking. I Honestly like the ranking system and I would love to see it in a classical styled game like this. Its not like it affects the game play in any way...its just fun to challenge my skill in this manner.

This game honestly looks like the Project Needlemouse I was hopping for.

I played the demo it plays very well even if its a bit buggy at time. The bugs are mostly graphic related and don't effect game play much. The level design is good but the top of the level seemed a lot better in design than the bottom half. The background in spots also needs work for instance I always find it weird when you are underwater and see a waterfall in the background it just seems off. The title screen also needs a bit of work on its background it goes from a sunrise to blue sky very suddenly and looks a bit off too.

Of course this is just me nitpicking the foreground graphics are top notch I love the use of the quartz rock as greenery in the foreground. The music is great too where's it from? There's a ton of good stuff here Hez its just a bit rough around the edges which I'm sure will be fixed in future releases. Thanks for a very enjoyable 45 seconds.

level music is from SegaSonic the hedgehog. IMO the best music track of that game.

I'm not against ranking in TRIAL mode or Time attack mode. But ranking in normal mode is a bad thing. It forces you to play as fash as possible instead of just enloying the level.

I'm liking how well it's all put together, though I recognize SOME things. What I like about this most is the way the backgrounds and backdrops are made and put together. Bravo!

But yes, let me just express the ranking as well. Let it just be used for other modes instead of just the main game or story mode per say.

The only complaint is that for me, it is widescreen and when i go under water, sometimes the water layer doesn't completely cover the screen.

Widescreen mode was a very last minute thing for the demo. I didnt even test it. A big bad on my part

Another glitch, play until the end of the level until you see the Goal flag in your sights, but don't touch it and jut turn back around. You'll be able to jump off the cliff, but the screen wont let you passed a certain boundary and you'll be stuck and not able to get back up.