A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic the Hedgehog Classic

Hez

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just make 3 or 4 copies of Hyper Sonic and recolor each copy to a certain hue at the start of the frame using the recolor feature of MMF2. Then, you can just toggle visibility between them while having the copies always follow the original Hyper Sonic and viola, you have recoloring at optimal speed.

Just make 3 or 4 copies of Hyper Sonic and recolor each copy to a certain hue at the start of the frame using the recolor feature of MMF2. Then, you can just toggle visibility between them while having the copies always follow the original Hyper Sonic and viola, you have recoloring at optimal speed.

I know that concept, I just don't want to do it. I hate having too many objects when I dont have to.

I know that concept, I just don't want to do it. I hate having too many objects when I dont have to.

Same. But it really helps though. It just depends on how you go about coding it. It can help the most for bosses like Mecha Sonic for example.

the first screen looks like is a bit linear, i hope is only the begining of the special stage, and the second one looks more plataforming but i dunno it has too many platforms?, maybe a mix between the two styles with some linear but difficult parts, and some other platfrom parts, is only an idea but with a little of work could result in a nice touch of difficulty and fun at the same time

[qimg] specialstage.png?t=1264796746 [/qimg]

Cant decide on a special stage :\

If I were you I'd go with the left one, the tiles give a neat new look. I know on AIM I was saying about keeping the old special stage, but now after seeing a screenshot of what you had in the works I changed my mind XD. Oh and Hez I sent you a pm with a beta test report, if you need to send me another beta build just E-mail me at [email protected] (since it's hard to contact you on AIM :P).

Edit: Hmmm maybe Gear The Hedghog has a point about mixing both

[qimg] specialstage.png?t=1264796746 [/qimg]

Cant decide on a special stage :\

The one on the right is cleaner, yet the One on the left is more Hi-res looking. If you can make the foreground bits on the right look a bit cleaner, it's good. Using the background from the picture on the right, it would be just right.

The one on the right is cleaner, yet the One on the left is more Hi-res looking. If you can make the foreground bits on the right look a bit cleaner, it's good. Using the background from the picture on the right, it would be just right.

I think you said "right" a bit too many times, right? ( You probably meant to comment on the left one once or twice and accidentally referenced to the right. )

The fact that the one on the left is a bit too noticeably resized is a problem, but the bigger issue is that the upper floor tiles can't connect with anything below, so the entire stage will be made up of floating platforms. The one on the right can connect to ground below, which will give the whole stage a more coherent, connected feel which I think is absolutely essential for any level. Maybe it would be easier to tell if we knew how the special stage played, though.

I especially love the way you stacked the crystals in the background of the second one though, it gives me great Sonic CD vibes. Definitely go with it.

Looks to be played as a simple ring collectathon.

Actually that would be lame. I hope that it's going to be something more creative.

But since there is Fang in the game (that is REALLY cool) special stages will probably be akin Triple Trouble's ones.

Actually that would be lame. I hope that it's going to be something more creative.

But since there is Fang in the game (that is REALLY cool) special stages will probably be akin Triple Trouble's ones.

This was the way it was going to be. There is only one giant special stage and you search for the seven chaos emeralds in them. There are 7 shrines in the stage. It is very platform jumpy esq too.

Indeed this game looks great. I've played the demo and must admit that gameplay is enjoyable and very classic-ish. Object placement is good (not perfect though), level doesn't feel empty and physics are really good.

There is one thing that is bothering me however. You claim it as a classic game so what does ranking system do in this game? Ranking just doesn't fit, really.

I did not see why this game have demo, but looks awsome thoe.

nice game...

• 2 weeks later...