A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic 4 Thread

Slingerland

Frankly, I'm gonna buy all 3 console versions to see how all the differences play out. I know the PS3 and Wii versions both support their motion features. Of course, before I invest in the PS3 and 360 versions, I'm trying the demo.

is it wrong that this comment made me very angry

also about the music, the tune is catchy but whatever instruments they're using make my ears bleed. Should have been put together way better than that.

I really hope this doesn't become the first sonic game with bleh music. If so it would have failed even worse than Sonic 06 and Shadow.

Slightly related does anyone else think Crush 40's gone way down since Sonic Adventure 2/part of Heroes? I don't even like anything they do anymore.

I actually don't have a problem with splash hill's song... though a few parts don't really sound sonic-esque, it's not bad at all.

Slightly related does anyone else think Crush 40's gone way down since Sonic Adventure 2/part of Heroes? I don't even like anything they do anymore.

No I don't they didn't begin high enough to move down.

I actually don't have a problem with splash hill's song... though a few parts don't really sound sonic-esque, it's not bad at all.

When I listen to it I can't help but think Hunter or LarkSS could do better.

Now that I listen to the original again, which I'll have to again say isn't bad at all... It's better than most of the shit found in the newer games anyway (Anything Past Sonic Heroes)...

Something reminded me this time of Sonic 3D Blast Genesis. I feel there's some similarity to some of the music, but I can't exactly figure out what aspect of it is...

Something reminded me this time of Sonic 3D Blast Genesis. I feel there's some similarity to some of the music, but I can't exactly figure out what aspect of it is...

This aspect is Jun Senoue

Btw this remix is shit. Original tune is great.

Izuka said:

As you know, Homing Attack was an action featured from ‘Sonic Adventure’ and it didn’t appear in the classic series. In Sonic 4 the Homing Attack is added, and this provides sense of speed that none of the classic series have.

From now on I officially hate him.

Agreed. Listening to the two sonic Wii games, i thought the same thing. I dont know what on earth happened after What I'm Made Of, but their new shit is starting to get pretty bland.

Splash Hill...i've found my gripe with it. It's loop is just really awkward, and makes the tune get annoying quicker than it should. it needed like maybe even 5 more seconds of something else before it looped again. Its loop is so horribly placed it DOES make the song sound like a damn ringtune. Like it doesn't fit in its own environment. Also with that remix, i absolutely love how he enters in with the Balloon Park intro. The remix does a better job with it, but the fact still remains it was a dumb place to end it. The original is just going to do a real good job of getting on my nerves if all of Splash Hill is going to last more than 4 minutes. I really really hope the other acts are remixed just for good measure.

Edit: If they REALLY wanted to be awesome, they would've composed this music using the Genesis sound hardware. To this day i still enjoyed it, it had awesome bass and stuff. Isnt a console under 32 bits that had better sounding games than Genesis, imo.

I don't know about Sonic and the Black Knight, but Sonic and the Secret Rings didn't actually have Crush 40 in it. The vocal tracks were performed by Steve Conte and some other guy while the rest of it was just written by an assortment of other guys. Jun nor any of the others from Crush 40 were even a part of it.

Thank god. Maybe thats why i couldn't stomach the game. Making me play the stage over and over again was gay, but damn the vocals were just ridiculous.

Black knight had main theme done by Crush 40. It wasn't a bad song, i actually find it catchy, but compared to its other themes its just a bit too..out there. I guess someone at SEGA told them to start making the songs directly correlate with the storyline, which is almost never a good idea for games like this, ESPECIALLY sonic the hedgehog these days. Think about it, could you seriously stomach sitting on the title screen of Sonic Heroes more than the game would force you to, especially in public?

And Sonic Boom gets away with it for being awesome, and Toot Toot sonic warrior gets away with it for being downright hilarious AND awesome.

edit:

case point

Edit: If they REALLY wanted to be awesome, they would've composed this music using the Genesis sound hardware. To this day i still enjoyed it, it had awesome bass and stuff. Isnt a console under 32 bits that had better sounding games than Genesis, imo.

True story. Plug your Genesis into a system with a good sub that can reproduce those low low lows and blast it. Then play Mortal Kombat 2. If you don't shit your pants, you messed up somewhere.

I wonder if SEGA knows that only reason for genesis music being 16bit is that it's weak and couldn't play mp3's. I mean look at Sonic CD, Sonic 3D blast (saturn) and Sonic R. They all have non-16bit music and all of them are games of Sonic's "classic" era.

I wish SEGA made a great ending song with women vocals cause all Sonic CD, Sonic 3d blast (saturn) and Sonic R had those.

Edit: Oh and Sonic the Fighters and Segasonic the hedgehog also had non-16bit music (yeah I know that they were kinda crappy but still)