A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Logo Request Thread [OLD]

Zal

Andy, are you kidding...I love your logo. But I already made a logo for somebody for "Sonic Lightspeed," so are you the same person (I forgot the man's name)?

So, Azu...are you cool with that? Glad to see that you fixed it as well and I might try that myself using your idea. Sorry, I have no Japanese fonts, so you'll have to hook me up via AIM or something.

Mr. S: Sonic Destiny will appear tomorrow. I started working on it, but I'm housesitting right now and photoshopless. It doesn't take me that long to make a logo.

(P.S. thanks to all of you guys who enjoyed you logos *hints at the rep button :P *)

• Like 1

1.) Classic Sonic Logo (Blue and Gold)

2.) Transparent Logo (as seen in SA2)

3.) Sunset of Clouds (background)

4.) Silloutte of a Zephlin (Center)

5.) Zephlin Bigger than the Height of the text, but not wider

6.) "Override" In gold underneth the Sonic logo (All Caps)

7.) Blue Silloutte of Eletric Guitar (Turn sideways Parrallel to the text)

That's the basic rundown....I guess.:P

IDIOTA!!! *slaps Azu with a humungous trout*

You have the classic logo used in the good old genesis games ( the Word Sonic in blue with a gold outline ), but like in Sonic Adventure, you can see a transparent background through the letters.

Start with a Sonic Adventure logo; cut off "adventure" and empty out the word Sonic with blue. We have our base.

I'd like the background to be a sunset of clouds, with the silloutte of a zephlin at the center; the zephlin should be larger than the height of the text, but not too wide as a result. This should blend with the original blue.

These go inside the text; they should be seen from within the text only, and the result should be blended with the blue that was already used to fill the text. In otherwords, it should look like watercolor blue, or like the word was placed directly over the background as a filter.

Below the text should be a gold line the width of the text, and underneath in plain gold Sonic font the word "overdrive" should appear (all caps).

Parallel means the word "Sonic" and the word "Overdrive" should be the same width in the logo. The font size for "Overdrive" should be smaller, though, meaning the text is more spaced out than for "Sonic".

Ignore the guitar addition; seeing SoniC++'s take on the logo made me see how tacky it would make the logo. And that's not because of the way he happened to use it. (It was a nice try, though).

EDIT: And, to see if it looks any better, make another copy using white in place of gold.

I could use a stylish logo, the name of my game is "Sonic the Hedgehog: Emerald Chaos" id prefer something modern styled. but i'll take what ever i can get lol.

Below is a double post that has been automagically merged into the original.

you should use all of those and merge them to gether to slowly fade into each other as a animated gif for a nice color changing logo. maybe add a shadow

like this

04_31778.gif

Alright, well I admit I haven't been as fast on doing these as I has hoped, but I did ask you to be patient. Now SoniC++ thanks for helping, but I had already started these logos you've done, making my work redundant, thanks a lot.

Now if anyone else wants to help in this, ask first please so this doesn't happen again.

Now SoniC++ thanks for helping, but I had already started these logos you've done, making my work redundant, thanks a lot.

Eh? the only one i did that was on your list was AreoGP, and he didnt even like it XD

Anyway...So, uh, mind if i help from now on? :o

Okay, I had a little play about and with the power of my awesome photoshop skills came up with this edit:

xcelyg4_newtest0.png

I like the shade of blue, but it still looks flat compared to the lettering. SoniC++, did you add in the reflective light effect on the lettering youself? If so, could you add it to the Sonic symbol as well, or a variation on it to give it a shiny effect as well? I like what sonic101 did with the shadow too; would it be possible to add a shadow under the main sonic icon? So the final logo would be:

1) The Sonic Xcel lettering, preferably without the pale border around it but I'm not all that fussed about that

2) The Sonic icon, with all fancy lighting like the lettering and a bit of shadow underneath

3) The black and white scan lines

4) The whole thing without a white border, for preference. OR, forget the shadow under the Sonic icon, include the white border and add a shadow to the whole thing. Whichever looks better.

With those changes, I reckon it would look absolutely spectacular.

Ok, here I go again...could you make a logo for me, my game's called SONIC INFERNO

Could I have the word "Sonic" in the style of Sonic Riders please, and in Caps...

And could I have the word "Inferno" all firery like...

SONIC

INFERNO

please

Edit: Could I also have a blue flame behind the logo.....if it's not to much to ask for, please.

*sneaks out of his lurking corner*

Could someone please make a logo with....

*White Background

*Words: Sonic (sonic adventure 2 style)

*Then under this the words: 3D TechDemo (in some silvery, shiney coolness text)

*Then some flames behind the text (something like this:

And if i could have the logo in 1024x768 size that would be fantastic!

*back to lurking (till SAGE)*

EDIT: Forgot to mention, please don't fill up the 1024x768 completely with the logo, leave some space at the bottom for a few menu buttons. Thanks!

Okay, I had a little play about and with the power of my awesome photoshop skills came up with this edit:

[qimg]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/Phil_T/xcelyg4_newtest0.png[/qimg]

I like the shade of blue, but it still looks flat compared to the lettering. SoniC++, did you add in the reflective light effect on the lettering youself? If so, could you add it to the Sonic symbol as well, or a variation on it to give it a shiny effect as well? I like what sonic101 did with the shadow too; would it be possible to add a shadow under the main sonic icon? So the final logo would be:

1) The Sonic Xcel lettering, preferably without the pale border around it but I'm not all that fussed about that

Sure, i can remove the border, but keep in mind it'll have to be a png using alpha transparency, will that be a problem?

2) The Sonic icon, with all fancy lighting like the lettering and a bit of shadow underneath

Okay

3) The black and white scan lines

Sure thing

4) The whole thing without a white border, for preference. OR, forget the shadow under the Sonic icon, include the white border and add a shadow to the whole thing. Whichever looks better.

With those changes, I reckon it would look absolutely spectacular.

I agree it'll look a lot better without the border, but again, it'll have to be png with alpha transparency, so as long as thats okay.

I know i'm not on the Logo Creation team, but... I couldn't resist.

[qimg]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/MarkEchidna/emerald-chaos.png[/qimg]

Notice there's a background on it... but it's not pretty visible with the Dark forum theme.

Thats awesome! is there maybe a chance at adding the colours to the emeralds in the bg just to see what it would look like?