A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Play any good games lately?

ila

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was great and it was colorful, but it tended to drag on at times. I also would have trouble thinking of it as a "best" game of any particular category. Well, aside from maybe how pretty it was. Like I said though, it's definitely a great game.

When I typed that post, I just was just playing that game at the time, so I was feeling all "OMGOMG", since I just got it (I played a ROM of the SNES version many years ago at some daycare).

Let me rephrase what I said earlier:

Yoshi's Island is the best platformer game I've ever played.

So, apparently I missed out on a lot of shit in Dissidia. Like how Bartz' moves have added effects that the original characters don't have, or the whole "Boost Ring" thing. The story is so horrible, though. Firion wants to cover the world in roses, and I'm 95% sure that's not a metaphor.

Not that I need a reason for a fight to break out between Kefka and Zidane (pronounced Zidawn?! inb4 some smartass acts all smug and tells me it's French and was always pronounced that way), but if you're going to put the bloody cutscenes in, at least make them interesting. Hell, in one scene, Cloud actually tells Sephiroth that he doesn't want to fight anymore.

Listen, you spikey-headed asshole. This is a crossover fighting game in which fighting happens and you fight people with fighting moves that you learn from fighting other fighters in this fighting game. You better fight, or I'll kill Aeris AGAIN.

I still like it a lot, though <3

Kirby 64: Crystal Shards. Doesn't have to be new, right? Damn this game has like the greatest soundtrack ever. I haven't even unlocked whatever the final boss is by collecting all the shards yet, but I downloaded the song and I've been looping it for over 24 hours. It's amazing.

Firion wants to cover the world in roses

WHAAAAAT??? :squestion: Oh, that is way out of character.

This game was going to be one reason closer for me to buy a PSP, too, but if they're gonna Kingdom Hearts it up like this, I just don't know. (BTW, I don't have any problem with Kingdom Hearts, I just think Square Enix should use that kind of dramatic storytelling for that game series only.)

WHAAAAAT??? :squestion: Oh, that is way out of character.

This game was going to be one reason closer for me to buy a PSP, too, but if they're gonna Kingdom Hearts it up like this, I just don't know. (BTW, I don't have any problem with Kingdom Hearts, I just think Square Enix should use that kind of dramatic storytelling for that game series only.)

What are you talking about man? Squaresoft uses that dramatic style for ALL their games, with Kingdom hearts being less dramatic than almost all of the final fantasy titles. 0_o

What are you talking about man? Squaresoft uses that dramatic style for ALL their games, with Kingdom hearts being less dramatic than almost all of the final fantasy titles. 0_o

Well, I really was referring to KH2 (which to me seemed more dramatic than the first Kingdom Hearts), but otherwise I guess I just don't notice the drama as much in any of the earlier titles. Maybe because back then the characters were all low-res and only spoke through dialog boxes. Then again, it's probably just me.

You know, the gameplay is still solid or something like that. God forbid though, Sephiroth's hair might be the wrong shade of white! You better look into that. It could be a gamebreaker.

There's a difference between hair color and personality....though I never made it far enough into FF2 to figure out what kind of personality Firion has. But now I've confirmed that it's "fruitylicious".

Again, not that it matters, since it's just an excuse to get everyone to fight (though there are people forcefully claiming this game is canon. wat), but it's consistently groan-inducing.

Kefka's well portrayed, at least. He needs more more freaky, quick bipolar moments that he sneaks into a few scenes; seeing him scheme about controlling Terra and suddenly lunge at the camera and bug his eyes out is pretty awesome.

I'm always playing the jak & daxter saga, the best platform and action games ever xD

But when I have no chance to play ps2, i play Tremulous, an awesome opensource online game for PC.

I've been playing these and they are very enjoyable indeed! I enjoyed the first areas of Jak2 over Jak1 though. Jak1 reminded me too much of Spyro (without the awesome dragon, of course). Daxter is hilarious.

MLB Slugfest 20-04.

It has been a hit lately. Damn, I love me some Midway sports games.

You say it as if Midway Sports games are as good as Taters. *And damn right, I love me some taters.*

I noticed I got more and more hooked on the Wii when I kept dl'ing VC titles. Speaking of, I just downloaded MK64. I friggin love Mario Kart 64. Too bad they can't do networked multiplayer with the VC version, as that would've been a little more fun. Though as fun as I think it sounds, it would've gotten old fast, much like Brawl did.

Speaking of classics, I'm going to try to add some older titles to my collection. If I can, I'm picking up MGS: The Twin Snakes. From what I heard, it's just MGS+MGS2 in a single game.

Speaking of classics, I'm going to try to add some older titles to my collection. If I can, I'm picking up MGS: The Twin Snakes. From what I heard, it's just MGS+MGS2 in a single game.

Twin Snakes is just MGS in MGS2's clothing. The second game is not included.

2LT Worm RIGHT

Twin Snake is only remake of Metal Gear Solid of PS1

And now ....

PLEASE,I NEED FULL STORYBOARD OF GREY FOX IN NEXT GAME AKA RISING OHHHH FRANK, RAIDEN SUXXXX LOL

hinz, I'm only going to ask this once. Please start cleaning up your posts. The random all caps burst moments are in everyone of your posts, and are generally nonsensical. In fact, a good chunk of your posts are nonsensical period.

Also, lose one of the tags in your signature. Its a waste of space.