A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Play any good games lately?

ila

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shit! It's out?!

I saw it for PS2 years ago and never got it. Then when I wanted to find it, I never could. Then when I finally did, it was, like, a week ago, and I knew the remakes was coming out, so I was really bummed :(

EDIT: No copy of the remake is available within 100 miles, and I'm avinghay oubletray usingay orrentsbay. Someone doesn't want me to play this game.

Same, except I'm playing it on Xbox Live.

I've also been bitten by the Battle Network bug.

Aw man you had to mention battle network, I still own my copy of BN 2, one of the only GBA games I still own. Battle network 2 was definitely my favorite of the series. It had the best bosses (straight from the games!), the best change system, style changes were awesome and made you feel like a badass when you got the one you always wanted.

Then 3 came along and ruined the fun by making me assemble programs like an idiot. Aside from having all the special chips, I have BN2 just about all the way cleared, all the way up to Bass.

Well Megan Fox has officially taken over the city in Saint's Row 2, so I have proceeded to boot up old PS1/Sega Cd Classic, Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete.

Jeluz. I love LSSSC. I played Lunar Legend on the GBA and it's pretty much the same as Lunar 2 I believe.

Just so you guys know persona 3 has JUST been announced for a remake for psp (GOD DAMNIT RIGHT WHEN I START PLAYING) I think i'll probably replay it, it'll have a new character and some extras. It comes out in japan around november by atlus so we should get our version not too far off (yes it has fes included in it).

Dunno why I've been in such a game mood. I think I might just continue playing my file in Valkyria Chronicles too >.>

I had to send my PS3 in for repair awhile back. Lost all my saves. Can't be assed to replay VC and download the extra content. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

On the last Mega Man Zero game. Damn, this series really got better and better with each iteration. I didn't remember anything about the third one, but now I think I might replay it and get the upgrades I missed.

Aw man you had to mention battle network, I still own my copy of BN 2, one of the only GBA games I still own. Battle network 2 was definitely my favorite of the series. It had the best bosses (straight from the games!), the best change system, style changes were awesome and made you feel like a badass when you got the one you always wanted.

Then 3 came along and ruined the fun by making me assemble programs like an idiot. Aside from having all the special chips, I have BN2 just about all the way cleared, all the way up to Bass.

I'm playing the second one myself. It's the best out of the series, no question. Getting all of the chips after the ending is proving to be a pain, though.

I quite enjoyed Devil Survivor. Could have done without the music, though. It's like Timmy just joined his first band, learned how to play guitar, and decided to compose a song solely of just looping guitar wails. Also, the game was too unrealistic. No way could someone support themselves with milk silos that huge. Christ.

Most of the music from Devil Survivor is actually from other SMT games. Mostly Nocturne. And yes, I dislike it too.

It isn't all bad though. The main theme is pretty neat.

I hear Infamous is quite good.

I just finished Castlevania SOTN last week, finished Resident Evil 5 yesterday, both of which are class games.

I've had a very short attention span as of late so I'm not really getting into games that much, I did just download Splosion Man and Worms 2 Armageddon off Xbox Live and they're quite good.

DNL: Valkyria Chronices, InFamouse, BlazBlue, Saint's Row 2, Little Big Planet. Arkham Asylum also looks good and I have Demon's Souls preordered. Although the latter is definitely my niche gaming wise.

It's either Saints Row 2, LBP, Or Arkham.

Went over my buddy's house today. He had a leaked copy of Arkham Asylum, so I got to watch (and play a little) as he marathoned the second half of the game.

Probably the best licensed game since Goldeneye. They nailed everything from the Batman lore perfectly. As you progress, his batsuit actually gets ripped and shredded, and stays like that, so by the end of the game, Batman looks like he just walked to hell and back.

The last boss is...kinda...I dunno. I wouldn't have gone that direction, that's for sure. But the rest of the game is really solid. Combat is still more or less "Hit Square and Triangle to win", but some parts get a little nuanced. Stealth is definitely way better, but the combat isn't bad.

Eh, I'd give it an A-.

EDIT:Also, GamesRadar's review shows the game over screen if you lose to Bane. Fucking perfect.