A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Rebirth @ New Version

leon

I'm finishing/uploading the game right now and will put the download link here, because I 'm having problem update de booth.

Sonic Rebirth - Full Version - Download Link

Music Folder - OGGs music - Download Link

There is an extra feature that you can change music of the game to the OGG version, to change you need to download the Ogg folder and place it on music folder. After doing this, go to option menu and change from MID to OGG

There is an hidden code on the game that will unlock everything on the game. Think you can find it?

Note: Bridge, Jungle and Sky Base are Unlockables stages. Collect X emblems to play them.

Oficial Site: http://www.powersonic.com.br/rebirth/

Beta - 2010: http://gamersinvaders.com/Rebirth_Quick_Beta_3.0.zip

08:53] <StreakThunderstorm> DNL, did he build it?

[08:53] <dnlhern> Wat?

[08:53] <StreakThunderstorm> in HWA or regular MMF2?

[08:53] <Snooky> People are expecting me?

[08:53] <Snooky> I feel so honored

[08:53] <StreakThunderstorm> Fast

[08:53] <dnlhern> I dunno Streak!

[08:53] <StreakThunderstorm> ASK HIM

Streak wants to know if you built it with HWA or not.

08:53] <StreakThunderstorm> DNL, did he build it?

[08:53] <dnlhern> Wat?

[08:53] <StreakThunderstorm> in HWA or regular MMF2?

[08:53] <Snooky> People are expecting me?

[08:53] <Snooky> I feel so honored

[08:53] <StreakThunderstorm> Fast

[08:53] <dnlhern> I dunno Streak!

[08:53] <StreakThunderstorm> ASK HIM

Streak wants to know if you built it with HWA or not.

Regular. The games is running really sweet on my computer, I didn't think it was necessary. But Streak really help me out in the MF2 problem. I managed to update properly with the stuff he sent me.

I'm finishing/uploading the game right now and will put the download link here, because I 'm having problem update de booth.

Sonic Rebirth - Full Version - Download Link

Music Folder - OGGs music - Download Link

There is an extra feature that you can change music of the game to the OGG version, to change you need to download the Ogg folder and place it on music folder. After doing this, go to option menu and change from MID to OGG

There is an hidden code on the game that will unlock everything on the game. Think you can find it?

Note: Bridge, Jungle and Sky Base are Unlockables stages. Collect X emblems to play them.

Oficial Site: http://www.powersonic.com.br/rebirth/

When you say hidden code, what exacly do you mean?

Some kind of message with list of bugs from ICQ:

"GadgetTM (20:17):

1 - Eggman is immortal? I just can't hit him - Sonic is just walk trough Egg.

2 - Chekpoint before Eggman better not to take. Immediately after the revitalization there a dragonfly that shoots and kills Sonic before obtaining of control. Some objects has been placed incorreсtly."

And I'm now still download it.

Guest Unregistered

In case the original link gets bogged down with requests, or whatever, I made an installer version of it, including Ogg music as well, though they are optionally installable.

Download Link

I try having the Ogg music play in the game it only plays during the Menu screen after triggering the Ogg and then everything else mutes in the stage and instead of the Ogg fanfare for the Act clear thing plays the Midi of it plays....what am I doing wrong? and I even extracted the Ogg folder into the Music folder.

I'm enjoying this with the exception of crashing with OGG music during intro cutscene, and dieing so far. and the lack of Speedshoes/Invincibility :<

Edit: I like how the land and stuff seem larger and longer, kinda feels like how SA2 remade GHZ

That's not the problem, DNL. It's not switching to OGG mode properly. One benefit of trying to run the game under WINE is watching it produce messages about not being able to play MIDI tracks despite OGGs having been selected under the options menu.

Guest Unregistered

Please help I'm having a similar problem, I've tried MIDI - no music whatsoever. Then I tried OGG - Menu Music but no stage music... I have EVERYTHING installed correctly, but no-go.

This appears to be a bug with the OGG music at the first boss, strangely enough. The music stops when it is about to loop, and after that point Robotnik is unkillable - the wrecking ball is still able to harm Sonic, though.

The game plays fine, but I dont see the point of separating the ogg music folder from the game. Why not include all in one zip to avoid the hassle? Whats the advantage fo having seperate downloads?

Faster downloads for those who can settle with MIDIs.

Yeeah, I stopped playing when I tried being patient with the part in Marble Zone where you stand on the block drifting across the lava and you have to jump up when a lava burst shoots it up. Every time that happens, it rises too high so I try to wait for it to start to fall, but it suddenly drops IMMEDIATELY and causes me to fall straight into the lava. I tried about 4 times before clicking the close button.

You probably should have had a programmer go in before release and refine the engine work a bit. There were much more things besides the one part I stopped at that just shouldn't have worked the way they did. The game itself is kinda neat though, just that in its current state I'm not really enjoying it as much as I should.

Edit: To wrap things up on a more positive note, the FPS was quite good on my old machine! =] The special stage ran at a perfect 60fps and though the levels were a bit slower, they were still much faster than most stuff I run on this computer.

After only 20 minutes in, it seems like at least half of its' problems are rooted in the Sonic Worlds engine. That's what it's running on right? The physics are that nasty Sonic Advance 3 flavor that just makes everything more dreadful - too much momentum when you don't need it (most any precarious jumping situation), and too little when you do (slopes, jumping over spikes directly in front of you, accelerating from a standstill). Thanks to that and some heinous old level design, Bridge zone is nothing short of painful.

I like where this remake's head is, I really like the stage art (Green Hill is a little flat, though) and I want to like where this game can go from here in future updates - certainly feasible since they have a complete game to work with now - but for starters, it deserves a better engine than it's got, Stealth's perhaps. Or a lot of ironing out bugs. Speaking of which, if you game over in Bridge, the game gets stuck and you have to hit F2 to get out...

And you nearly had my undying loyalty for making the default music low-weight MIDIs in consideration of slow connections. Thankyou thankyou thankyou thank you for that.

I have some other problems with the layouts and object placement but that i'll get to later.