A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

RAGE 2009 - Make Shitty Fangames

EVERYBODY LUVS RAGE!

We usually hold RAGE in May, but Instant got the idea to have it run during the show that it's mocking. Are you new to the concept of RAGE? Well, here's the rundown...

RAGE is the "Really Amateur Games Expo" and "iz teh bestest phangayme shocaze in teh wurld." It celebrates the terrible games that come through this forum every year and the lows of the Sonic fandom, like fanfiction. Contestants each year are encouraged to make a horrible game on purpose. The game which is considered the worst will be declared the winner by forum poll. I hope that RAGE will get people to fangame during SAGE, because it is something that hasn't really caught on before.

History:

Check out RAGE 2007 - Check out RAGE 2008

Last year, the requirement was that you had to include a fancharacter. The requirement for this year is a ridiculous and absolutely laudable plot twist.

Your shitty games can be made in any medium (KnP, MMF, GM, ROM hack, etc), last any amount of length, and be submitted by the deadline.

RAGE games are due Friday, July 31st by 11 PM EST

Submit them to slingerland60 AT att DOT net.

Please ask questions in this thread.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The world better be prepared for my epicsauce fangame I shall start this week. It'll be the best, just you wait.

Sonic Take A Chunk Out Of is now officially confirmed for RAGE. You can bet your slapchop on that!

Sonic Take A Chunk Out Of is now officially confirmed for RAGE. You can bet your slapchop on that!

Oh yeah? Well supersonicultimateblastoffunadventurechaosemeraldsDXBattleAdventureofepic is confirmed for RAGE! Well, it has two names. But the application is called supersonicultimateblastoffunadventurechaosemeraldsDXBattleAdventureofepic!

Oh man,..this competition is ON. Wait until you see my PLOT TWIST and CAST OF CHARACTERS, and HOLLYWOOD QUALITY SCRIPT.

You'll be amazed. I have all that and more and I haven't even started yet!

Edit: To compete namewise, I have now come up with a new acronym for my project.

STACOOSOBTFNOHSINABCBTWAAEPPBIBMAITETBCNAFHSDRPGHGPYP

This game is going to beat out all the other fangames out there. This game will feature the best press right to play gameplay you have ever seen, and will feature the best Sonic gameplay ever invented out there. This revolutionary new engine for this game will make you wash your car, your RV, your house, linguini bikini. You better be ready because STACOOSOBTFNOHSINABCBTWAAEPPBIBMAITETBCNAFHSDRPGHGPYP will be a surefire RAGE hit and spread like wildfire across the fangaming community as the best Sonic Fan Game to come along in AGES.

Oh, right, full name: Sonic Take A Chunk Out Of Sometimes Obligatory Back-Then From-now-on Hereafter Subsequent Is-Now alike about Behind Consequential By The Way Apropos Afterward Ensuing Parallel Parking Beat It Bite My Ass In The End To Be Continued Now and Forever Hentai Sim Dating RPG Hey go pee your pants.