A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic XG and stuffs, hurrah?

Sir Euan

360 Tubes.

Corkscrews

SADV3-Esque Rotating Platforms

Inverted Gravity

I think you need to start posting tutorials you multi-talented man you :o

-

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/jwaters1989/?action=view&current=SonicXGavi.flv

Watch me totally copy you and release an engine test behind your back :D

I agree. I wish to know to do Anti-Gravity.

The screenshots are sexy.

Wow, this game is truly awesome! Beautiful sprites, and a well-crafted engine. You guys are something else! :omg:

Demo please. :P

The game doesn't slow down down even for a second, anyone who has played the SA:R demo will see that despite the game kicking ass there is some major slowdown. I'm guessing MMF doesn't suffer from this.

That's not GM's fault. My poor memory management skills are actually to blame. But I've fixed that.

If your MSN quotes that I've added you to my buddy list, don't be afraid, I'm just going to tell you how awesome this project is and if I can have some sort of portion of your awesomeness. Ya know, incase I ever get around to using it.

There's no great technical difficulties into inverse gravity. But it's boring to code. You just need to recreate the events related to the vertical movement again, but reversed. It's like having two engines into one, and switching between them.

With a specially designed 360 engine, however... It may be even easier. (Yet still boring).

For me, what's really good with this engine is how everything works together.

Guest SuperCragus

Sonic XG looks realy impressive, i'm looking forward to playing it when its done!

Suggestion (feel free to ignor me though):

The right hand side status bar that shows the power-ups, could that be moved to the top or bottom? I don't know about you but i prefer to see where i'm going more clearly rather than which power-up i have.:confused:

There's no great technical difficulties into inverse gravity. But it's boring to code. You just need to recreate the events related to the vertical movement again, but reversed. It's like having two engines into one, and switching between them.

That depends purely on how you do it. If you design the engine in a certain way, it can be as easy as making a value negative.

Speaking of which.

Maybe you can just add a " Sensor.Angle.Addition " value to modify the positions and even tweak gravity to add to an predifined angle.

That hit the nail on the head. The engine can modify gravity to any angle, however, due to the nature of gravity effecting the majority of zone objects, only 0 and 180 degrees are ever going to be used in-game.

And it is being made in MMF so I may release some tutorials at some point, I don't think it will be for a while though, it's nice to have a certain enigma surrounding it.

Thanks for all the comments anyway, glad to know you all like what we're doing with it.

Edit: For anyone who read the post before editing, forget what I said. I shall release detailed guides on how to create certain features upon request after XG has been released for a bit. After much consideraton I would rather keep my methods quiet for now. ;P