A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Co-op mode

Felik

• 1 month later...
Major update:

At last I made main menu and started making cutscenes.

Wow It looks awesome. The level design is preety and Rise Against rockz! I just have to agree with toaster about the start card/title banner/whatever...

And... I want to see the full cutscene! :(

And on the dialogues I would change the color of it, when Eggman talks. Or at least put a "Egman: ..." "Sonic: ..."

The underwater background looks pretty bland at the moment in my opinion, but everything else is quite impressive. You've got some really interesting things here Felik, keep it up!

Yeah I know. It was the best thing I came up with :) Anyway you won't spend too much time underwater in that level so I will probably leave it as it is.

And on the dialogues I would change the color of it, when Eggman talks. Or at least put a "Egman: ..." "Sonic: ..."

I will probably change the color of the dialog box depending on the character speaking.

Anyway thanks everyone for good words!

I'm conflicted. For the majority of this I think, "Damn! This is so well-defined and polished! Looks semi-professional."

Then something else will pop up that throws that whole vibe out. This is obnoxiously close to being an EXTREMELY solid project.

The cutscene profile pictures look fantastic! I'd love to update my avatar to one of those Robotnik ones. :P

I'm actually really impressed with your youtube demo and that doesn't really happen anymore when it comes to me. Your level design is quite good as well, aside from some odd genre-mixing of sprites it looks fantastic. .Sonic 2 mixed with Sonic Advance sprites doesn't work too well, though the Sonic 3 Angel Island disappearing platforms worked well in conjunction with your background. Keep it up!

Don't get me wrong I'm a Fusion fan. Its always one of the first games I play during SAGE and I always enjoy it. Its level design is always great and the engine always seems relativity bug free. Simply put Fusion is good stuff. But these graphics Felik I just don't know. The graphics from the jungle level didn't match the style of graphics of Flooded Capital, nor do they match Sparkling Complex, I remember one demo using Crackers graphics, and now you are using prerendered 3D graphics from 3D Blast, and they don't even match the sprites this time. As much as I'd like to say graphics don't matter, I think Fusion desperately needs a coherent graphical style. In my opinion it really hold the game back which is sad because the game rocks in so many other ways. In other news the bit we saw of that animation looked great!

The cutscene profile pictures look fantastic! I'd love to update my avatar to one of those Robotnik ones.
You can easily use them 'cause they are from archie comics. BTW Yardley is probably the best Archie artist out there.

@Overbound: Yea I know that GV's graphics don't match the style of graphics of the game overall. I dunno what was I thinking when I was porting them from 3D Blast. It just looked like an interesting idea to me. And I actually like how the level looks.

I'm not going to further increase this style mess though.

Felik, I am super proud of you. What I've seen in the past few weeks in your videos is nothing short of impressive. You've come so far with this project and Sonic fangaming in general. I just want to see that cutscene! Who animated that for you? I've got some excellent dudes behind me, but daaaamn, whoever you have is incredible!

I look forward to Sonic Fusion being one of my SAGE favorites for the third consecutive year!

• 2 months later...

Felik, just wanted to say there are two bugs in the lastest SAGE release that have been troubling me.

First, when playing as Knuckles in the Outer Wood, at around half a minute after the stage begins, the shard icons start to disappear,as if i have collected them. Because of this, the emerald shards become inactive and the level becomes unwinnable.

Second, the characters often go through moving platforms when trying to stand on them. That also makes levels like Sparkling Complex unwinnable, if you're playing as Sonic.

Have you fixed those?

Felik, just wanted to say there are two bugs in the lastest SAGE release that have been troubling me.

First, when playing as Knuckles in the Outer Wood, at around half a minute after the stage begins, the shard icons start to disappear,as if i have collected them. Because of this, the emerald shards become inactive and the level becomes unwinnable.

Second, the characters often go through moving platforms when trying to stand on them. That also makes levels like Sparkling Complex unwinnable, if you're playing as Sonic.

Have you fixed those?

Yes

• 1 month later...