A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Co-op mode

Felik

Apologies to anyone who was offended by my post, I didn't mean to sound like that. That's what I get for being half-asleep when posting.

Anyway, what I was trying to say was that because of reasons well explained by Overbound's sig, advance-style has managed to get itself a bad reputation of sorts, at least for me. It's like a shop's front window(or a book's cover): you'll be inclined to judge the whole thing at first glance. I wasn't trying to complain about the sprites(I guess I did though), but explain why they are complained about. And, as I said in my last post, there's virtually no choice anyway for people who can't make their own sprites. So, again, sorry for that.

(tl;dr: HAHAHA DISREGARD MY LAST POST I SUCK COCKS)

I really dont understand this, nor where it came from. Advance sprites are better animated and WAY more abundant than genesis sprites. Not to mention there are far more backgrounds to use with them than the genesis sprites.

Well on the game, DW said he needs to work on variety, but i'd say you have a really nice amount of it in there. Something as simple as tree hopping and the bouncy handle thing being made into a branch for the stage made it really enjoyable. I also enjoy how everyone plays. Issues? Sonic's acceleration is a bit too slow i feel. Im glad the spindash has such godly strength too. Knuckles might need to pause upon landing from the glide too, it made platforming with him far easier in the genesis games.

The game is very enjoyable, i was actually disappointed at the lack of a second stage.

While the official gens sprites lacks animations, because well, they didn't need it. There are edits of Sonic 3 sprites in advance style.

the advance sprites cover everything the genesis does and then some. Except maybe rotating drums, but seriously who cares.

• 4 weeks later...

I had to admit. I'm kinda impressed.

When I first saw the Sonic Fusion (in SAGE '08 or '09, don't remember), I though that was a generic Sonic Advance game, with regular graphics, a good level design (I think that impressed me more than everything) with a generic name coming from a YuGiOh card. Like, Sonic Dark, Sonic Extreme Adventure, Sonic XLDJHSKSHGJA, Sonic DL Adventure ('cause it sucks!), whatever.

But for the things that u are doing, an exepcional level design, beutiful graphics and a good and solid gameplay, this game gave me that reason to live kinda of excitment that we all don't have for a long time with fangames. Generics games with Sonic Worlds, without any edition, overpower games, monsters, ridiculous games with ridiculous graphics and ridiculous ideas (Without any indirects people. If your fangame fits into any of those descriptions. Please kill yourself)

I'm waiting to see more of this. :)

@Gear_The_Hedgehog These are not still pictures :) And they are not for cutscenes related to plot and stuff.

@P3DR0 Wow thanks for such a kind words! There will be more things to look at later. Btw Henceforth is looking really good too. I was so impressed when you showed those mock-up screenshot.

(And I also kinda liked those demo of DL adventure cause it had Blaze in it)

@Gear_The_Hedgehog These are not still pictures :) And they are not for cutscenes related to plot and stuff.

@P3DR0 Wow thanks for such a kind words! There will be more things to look at later. Btw Henceforth is looking really good too. I was so impressed when you showed those mock-up screenshot.

(And I also kinda liked those demo of DL adventure cause it had Blaze in it)

The style reminds me of Sonic X. Will there be voice acting?

I'm not sure I see the logic in Eggman sounding like a 15-year-old, myself...

I was joking. I mean 90% of sonic-fans are under 15 years :)

I guess it was a bad joke.

Anyway it's kinda hard to find people who would sound like Sonic characters.

I was joking. I mean 90% of sonic-fans are under 15 years :)

I guess it was a bad joke.

Anyway it's kinda hard to find people who would sound like Sonic characters.

Well, you can always try Newgrounds.

PM 'em all!

I'm 21.

By that 90% I mean all those kids who played unleashed and next-gen and became a sonicfans cos it ruelz but maybe I'm wrong. That really was just a joke.

Back on topic. I wasn't going to voice cutscenes or animate them either because that would increase filesize dramatically. This only video increases game size by 300% already. However game is no bigger than 15 MB yet.

And as I mentioned earlier, finding people to make shit for a fangame is pain in the ass.

I like the idea of not having any voice acting in your intro/cut-scenes. It's a real skill to be able to tell a story with no dialogue and I love it when it works. Nights into Dreams is a great example of this.

I didn't say this :)

There will be dialogs in cutscenes. Only intro doesn't have them.

I like the idea of not having any voice acting in your intro/cut-scenes. It's a real skill to be able to tell a story with no dialogue and I love it when it works. Nights into Dreams is a great example of this.

A story has dialouge whether it uses text or voice anyway. It takes a good voice actor to perform a story correctly, and it takes a good director to know who to pick and how to make them act.

Text is actually just easier. The voice acting is done in your head, so its always done right. To this day i still perfer the old text-only RPGs to the ones with voice acting, even if the voice acting was done on point.

Edit: OH you actually meant with no dialogue at all. Yeah, that's a bit tougher to get completely right. Sonic and Knuckles did a good job with it, though.

• 2 weeks later...