A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Zero: Remastered(HUGE UPDATE ON LAST PAGE)

Aikocho

sztopiclogo.gif

(I am basing this layout on Blue Emerald's topic of Sonic4. By layout, I mean "How to set up this topic properly and proudly.")

I finally speak up for myself here. I have decided to announce something that took me quite some time to work on. I will explain in the middle of this. This game's title speaks for itself, but will always be known as Sonic Zero.

titlescreenie.png

This is the Original Sonic Zero. I have full intention on remaking this game... Even though it was only a demo.

From the very beginning, I started to learn fan gaming When I came to this site, and downloaded my very first Sonic computer game. This is what I played for the first time. When I got the chance to learn, I always wanted to make something like this in the past. But now, seeing how everything changed sense then... I can do much more than make something like it. I can make it better, or at least try. I've spent a long time planing this game, and even learned how to make sprites and level art. (Though I'm still new to level art Unfortunately, But I will do my best.) But that aside, Lets get to the good parts. Starting with the game's new storyline.

=======================================

Story:

It has been over a year sense Sonic's previous adventure. During that time, the hedgehog finally got to relax in piece with his friends, but it wasn't meant to last forever. On another Island, an ocean away from South Island, Dr. Eggman is up to one of his worst schemes yet. Using his robots to do the dirty work, He discovered a new energy source that has been berried for centuries. Legend names them: The Rings of Double Zero. With their everlasting powers, He could use them to finally take over the islands with Unstoppable Machines. Sonic the hedgehog got wind of this from a troubled Flicky that was able to escape the Dr.'s Havoc, and with out delay, He rounded up Tails and Knuckles, and then set out on their Biplane to hurry and stop Dr. Eggman before it's too late.

Game play:

*Play the game as Sonic, Tails, or Knuckles. Use every bit of their skills to discover new paths through the zones.

*Take a look at the Island Map. See everything it has to offer from start to finish.

*Nine Zones with 3 acts in each one, but 4 acts in the last Zone.

*There will be eight Special Stages that will take you to a trip back in time. Relive the Boss Battles that made history and gain a Chaos Emerald for each one... But why EIGHT?

*Finding all the memorable Power-ups makes any game fun. See if you can recognize each one.

*A free play mode will allow you to travel back through any level you chose. Who knows? You may be able to play with characters besides the main three.

Zone Names:

(Screen shots or Zone names are libel to change in this section.)

Palm Tree Parkway Zone

levelscreenie.png

Dash through this beautiful beach themed City in search of Dr.Eggman. Race through the road ways, hurdle over heavy traffic, and bash every Badnik in site.

Mechanical Mountain Zone

(To be announced.)

Forbidden Fence Zone

(To be announced.)

Indigo Ocean Zone

(To be announced.)

Floating Fortress Zone

(To be announced.)

Flutter Fleet Zone

(To be announced.)

Canyon Carrier Zone

(To be announced.)

Brutal Basin Zone

(To be announced.)

Eternal Zero Zone

(To be announced.)

Available Demo's and Progress:

Shields Up Demo 3/15/09

Beta Test: Shields

=========================================================

That is all the information I could stir up. But I do hope to make this project a success one day. And please bare with me here on updates. I'm only doing what I think should be done, and I WILL see to it that more information will be displayed here.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(I am basing this layout on Blue Emerald's topic of Sonic4. By layout, I mean "How to set up this topic properly and proudly.")

I'm honored. :)

Anyway, sounds like a cool game so far. Special Stages sound like something in the vein of Triple Trouble, so I hope that turns out cool. By any chance, will the eighth Emerald be gold? Or black? The zones also show some nice variety; I'm especially liking the idea of "Mechanical Mountain."

So far, I can't wait to hear more.

seems interesting but i'm not sure what to expect from the topic yet as there are no screenshots to help me out here.

Aslo I am guessing you took the idea of the Master emerald being found at the end of the eigth special stage simialar to Mystic's epic SRB2 WAD "The Mystic Realm." don't need to tell me if I am right or wrong as I would like to be surprized.

I see no engine, video, demo, screenshots, or even mockups.

All I ask is for 4 days. Give me 4 days and I will Surely have something for this. I know most people will not trust me on this, But it all I can really say. :( Please, Just give me 4 days. And If I can't do that, then you all can do as you please with this topic.

All I ask is for 4 days. Give me 4 days and I will Surely have something for this. I know most people will not trust me on this, But it all I can really say. :( Please, Just give me 4 days. And If I can't do that, then you all can do as you please with this topic.

...so why didn't you just wait 4 days to make the thread? That doesn't make any sense.

It's not as though you can't make a new thread when you actually have the shoes to walk the walk.

Wait... So you don't actually have a game started yet? o_0

...And you plan on doing something worth while in 4 days... D=

And If you don't believe me, Look at these.

[qimg]http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/9852/moderssonicmugs.png[/qimg]

[qimg]http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6438/sonic4.png[/qimg]

That first sprite looks exactly like the one ZFG posted in my thread.

[EDIT] Oh, wait, I forgot; you helped work on that, didn't you? :D (I also noticed the file name says "sonic4" in there. Probably was meant for me in the first place.)

That first sprite looks exactly like the one ZFG posted in my thread.

[EDIT] Oh, wait, I forgot; you helped work on that, didn't you? :D (I also noticed the file name says "sonic4" in there. Probably was meant for me in the first place.)

Yes. I wanted to help you at least for Sonic 4. But ZFG got the credit for the shading. I figured he wanted to help more than I could, so if He couldn't sheet it, I could.

Well, if you want to help out some more, you can. So far, the work is being split 50/50, but if you want to help out, I'll notify ZFG and I'll see if we can split it 33.3/33.3/33.3. :D

According to ZFG, he also finished the foot-tapping, and he says he's working on the walking. I just finished the looking-up and ducking animations.

So, would you still like to help out?

Well, if you want to help out some more, you can. So far, the work is being split 50/50, but if you want to help out, I'll notify ZFG and I'll see if we can split it 33.3/33.3/33.3. :D

According to ZFG, he also finished the foot-tapping, and he says he's working on the walking. I just finished the looking-up and ducking animations.

So, would you still like to help out?

I'll have to worry about that later. I must focus on My own for now. But you can have the sonic 4 sheet if you want it, I have to focus on this for now... That is if I'm not ganna be banned for this topic. Witch is going waaaaay off topic now.

So the Gold Shield from 3D Blast is in this game? That's awesome. The only issue I had with it is that it homes downward in an empty space instead of forward. It's starting to look good, though.

BTW, I love that awesome Chaotix music you used for the invincibility.

Some music in the demo are remixes I made in FLstudio. :) And that is just a small sample of music to come.

EDIT: And I'll have that issue fixed real soon, but it's supposed to shoot him straight down when out of range. That's the one flaw of the gold shield.

So the Gold Shield from 3D Blast is in this The only issue I had with it is that it homes downward in an empty space instead of forward.

That happens in Sonic 3D with the gold shield. It only homes if close to the bad-dude and if not, shoots Sonic downwards.

It's coming on this game alot, just waiting to see a full level ^_^. That will be good.

-Amesuki

That happens in Sonic 3D with the gold shield. It only homes if close to the bad-dude and if not, shoots Sonic downwards.

But that made more sense because that game was isometric. Here, that would just be annoying if Sonic ended up homing into a pit or something.

...Maybe I've played too much Megamix, and I just expect the homing attack to work like it did in that game. :scool:

Slightly wondering why a mix of Kirby Squeak Squad's menu theme, but regardless, it sounds great. I always did like that theme.

Gameplay-wise, Sonic kinda goes through the enemies without that little bounce if you just jump at them.