A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[GM7]Sprite Poll! Sonic Core

ZFG

wlc85g.png

Hey all, ZFG is back again! So yeah, I'm here to introduce you to Sonic Core; my new project!

What is Sonic Core?:

Sonic Core is a Sonic CD inspired 2D platforming game for the Windows computer. The Story is not very deeply detailed like the Sonic games from the 90's. The Graphic style is Sonic 1/CD styled art is being done by me. The game is newly started so expect some errors in future beta's.

Screens:

2vjsdqw.png

35n4s3a.png

Process:

Explenation:

"Procent" - "missing"

• HUD: 75% - Time counter needs fix.
  • Characters: 75% - Knuckles Actions are needed.
  • Level Design: 5% - Mostly the old zones needs redesign.

<ZFG>

• Like 1

I'm glad to see you here again ZFG, i hope you will have better luck with this project. Remember that you must make a game because you want and you have fun with it, not for see if people here likes it or not.

Any question, ask :)

Just one thing, logo can be improved, but i think it looks cool

Angel Isle as in 'Angel Island'? Kinda looks like a Sonic 1 version of Angel Island (if you compare the Sonic 2 and Sonic and Knuckles Hidden Palace versions (Or Marble Zone)).

Other than that, I can't give you much comments yet. As for the story, be hardcore and make a manual in .pdf which explains it. And then be even more hardcore, and make an intro that contradicts the story in the manual.

You mean that gizoids are being made there?

But Gizoids are being made by echidnas, isn't it?

Congratulations! You get a cookie! so yeah, Gizoid Factory is the place where you acctualy meet the main villian of the game, namely Metal Sonic. Yeah, it's Metal Sonic. The Echidnas is also being involved in to the story.

Wow I like this too. Looks very nice. I am passionate with Sonic CD.

Erm... should we expect Time Travel too? :D

Just like cyber rat said, I think it's not necessary too. Time Twisted exists, it's enough.

ZFG, you'd better make something completele new. For example turn Sonic to wererabbit when he collects 7 easer eggs. It's got to be cool!!!!

You know what would make this game very unique? Finishing it. That would be amazing.

Must admit that it's true. Since 2006, I was taking a look of most of the SFGHQ Members' projects (like SXG, Retro-Sonic [meh, these two are one now] and others) and most fangames were unfinished or cancelled. I must say that I've done it too with The Timeless Nightmare, 'cos it was being developed in TGF with my CD Sonic Engine. Btw you do, make a good and funny game

for us that we won't stop playing. XP

EDIT: But talking about the Rabbithog or Werehabbit or Wereshit, think you could do more things like this. For example, my grandma sister said that people cannot turn just into werewolfs. He said that he saw a man transformed into a giant pork DD:

It will be funny too... a Porkyhog XDD

I say this every time ZFG makes a thread, so second'd.

Am I a recognized member? :3

Anyway, a little info:

The game uses official Genesis Intruments in it's soundtracks. Some remixes here and there from Sonic CD and some new tunes.