A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[GM7]Sprite Poll! Sonic Core

ZFG

No, not allways. Sometimes it's needed sometimes not. I don't want to go Unleashed all over you :P

EG:

Like this: Instashield is needed to proceed to the next level because the gate needs electric power to open. You then need the InstaShield to power up the generator and open the next gate.

Oh god, the snow is so pretty but the shadow is hideous. NEVER NEVER NEVER use a semitransparent shadow that's colored black. Use colors instead. Like a dark blue would fit well here.

Here, I just made an example:

propersnow.pngjze2hy.png

I did this entirely in MMF2. I copied the snow sprite, turned it into a single solid color (while keeping its shape), set it semi-transparent, and stacked 4 of them on top of each other in different positions. The faded effect it creates along with the colored shadow makes it much more visually pleasing. I uploaded the .mfa file I worked with:

http://rael0505.thisisourcorner.net/propersnow.mfa

(right click, save as)

edit: I just put your pic next to mine for comparison. Isn't it much prettier now?

I really like your snow sprite, by the way. Great job with it.

I don't find it needed with a Times in the HUD. What does it do? Adds a little bit to the score? I'll add more possebileties to get a pretty good score instead of a Time Bonus.

The HUD has the 'TIME' not only to give you time bonus (that's not what's important about it). It's for the possibility of doing time attacks as well.