A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

New skin progress ~ UPDATE: Button design - Page 8

GSF

The new skin is already functional! Go

here!

--------------------------------------------

I'm working on the templates for the remake of the old phpBB skin. Until now, a button style hasn't been decided yet, and I have three types, so first of all, please vote for the one you prefer.

The others will probably be used in alternate skins...

(I can't add a poll, what the hell?)

Anyway, here we go:

Type 1 - newtopic_t.png

Type 2 (more like the buttons in Smidge's pack) - newtopic_t2.png

Type 3 (classic look) - newtopic_t3.png

As the skin gets updated, I'll put some previews when they're available.

EDIT: Here's an image showing each type in the forum skin itself:

button_types.png

re-EDIT: Instead of posting and reposting, here's the counter:

Poll closed, #3 wins! I'll make a slightly rounder version with less blurry text so it blends better.

#1: ||||||

#2:

#3: |||||||||

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, first sneak peek!

snp_1.png

The IM, reputation, report & IP (staff only) icons are finished. Now, time for more suggestions: How should rep look like? (The icons that show current rep, not the rep button)

1-Just some green/red squares similar to the current ones, but with better blending

2-A bar with the 'rep' text and a tiny colored gauge to the side (similar to the one in the sneak peek)

3-Emeralds

4-Rings?

5-Suggest your own!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Second update - Jan 15

I narrowed the rep icons at two different styles. The screenshot below shows the four color varieties, which are Positive, Negative, Neutral and Rep Off, respectively.

rep_types.png

OK, time for more voting. Which do you prefer?

------------------------------------------------------------------

Third update - Jan 26

The final button design is ready, but Photobucket seems to be... screwed somehow. I can't access it now... So I'll upload later.

EDIT: Now it works again, phew. Alright, check Page #8.

No prob, it's fun to make skins (in most cases, heh)

Probably because we will actually use this skin. Unlike sooooome Sonic forums...hahaha...

Oh, and my vote goes to number three. Like I said on AIM last night, we all really appreciate you taking the time to de-suck our forum skin. It has been a long time coming.

I like number 3, just wish it was a tad rounder. Still, as the other mods have said, thank you for responding to my angry whims. Its about time SFGHQ reestablished itself among the community. A shiny new forum skin is one of the first steps.

OK, #3 wins!

But I'll make it rounder and tweak the text a bit.

Anyway, update: Sneak peek 1 added, and now it's on rep appearance. Details in the first post, below the sneak peek. What's your suggestion on rep? (Referring to the 'green square' icon, not the rep button)

Hey gsoft, can you put Fangaming Specialty and Current Project in there?

Uh, the screenshot there comes from a modified Sonic Deck Dark Water skin, and SD didn't have these things.

Still, I can just put that in the HTML file.

When a new skin is created through this board's ACP, the templates from the default vB theme should be imported. Then, with slight tweaks in the templates SFG Specialty can be displayed, and also Current Project, the custom field that isn't displayed right now.)

EDIT: Done, now updated with a possible final appearance (except for the rep gauge.)

Also, what do you suggest for the rep gauge appearance? (first post)