A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

New skin progress ~ UPDATE: Button design - Page 8

GSF

The IM, reputation, report & IP (staff only) icons are finished. Now, time for more suggestions: How should rep look like? (The icons that show current rep, not the rep button)

1-Just some green/red squares similar to the current ones, but with better blending

2-A bar with the 'rep' text and a tiny colored gauge to the side (similar to the one in the sneak peek)

3-Emeralds

4-Rings?

5-Suggest your own!

I'd say advance style emeralds.

Red for Bad rep, Green for good rep, and grey if they turned off their rep.

I'd prefer genesis style emeralds, personally. I don't like advance style, and our community is generally more into the classic games than the modern ones.

I think we need to revise our rep system so we get multiple blocks sooner. 100 per each extra box is a little too much, and most people only have one, even if they have very different rep levels. I think 30 rep per additional box (or emerald) would be better. I'll need to talk with the rest of the admins to set this up, though.

Hell yes on the "project" profile field being on each user's post. On a related note, I wouldn't underline names of the profile fields (join date, posts, etc). Bold, maybe, but I'm not diggin' underline.

I think we need to revise our rep system so we get multiple blocks sooner. 100 per each extra box is a little too much

Uh, yeah. Considering that there are only 3 of us with more than 100, that's a welcome idea. If only I knew how to mess with it. :s

For reputation, I like the gauge idea. Or...Genesis emeralds. Advance? Shitsux.

I think we need to revise our rep system so we get multiple blocks sooner. 100 per each extra box is a little too much, and most people only have one, even if they have very different rep levels. I think 30 rep per additional box (or emerald) would be better. I'll need to talk with the rest of the admins to set this up, though.

I think it'd be better if it changed by the member's "status" ("(someone) is an above average member" / "just leave everything to this guy" etc) rather than the current amount of rep.

EDIT:

Uh, yeah. Considering that there are only 3 of us with more than 100,

You, TRD, Rael0505, and LarkSS - 4 actually.

@Slingerland: Through the Rep section at the ACP you can configure the threshold for the square ranges. Hit up on AIM and I'll guide you.

EDIT: Actually, you need to install an add-on before... You need ftp access.

Also, the custom profile fields can easily be added through the skin templates, and the initial text can use styles, like a color, or bold.

Alright, I'll prepare it Genesis style, then.

The levels, AFAIK are:

XYZ hasn't done anything, nothing to see here!

XYZ is comin' up

XYZ is an above average member

XYZ, just leave everything to this guy!

XYZ this body glows with amazing/awesome/whatever power!

XYZ is an unstoppable force!

...I think it was like that, heh.

dnlhern: Hm, nice Live icon, I'll use that one instead, it looks better. Thanks!

The levels, AFAIK are:

XYZ hasn't done anything, nothing to see here!

XYZ is comin' up

XYZ is an above average member

XYZ, just leave everything to this guy!

XYZ this body glows with amazing/awesome/whatever power!

XYZ is an unstoppable force!

...I think it was like that, heh.

-3- XYZ is a complete loser.

-2- XYZ has a tendency to be a jerk.

-1- XYZ is on the verge of being hated!

0-XYZ hasn't done anything. nothing to see here!

1-XYZ is an up and comer.

2-XYZ is an above average member.

3-XYZ - just leave everything to this guy!

4-XYZ this body glows with an amazing/awesome/whatever power!

5-XYZ is a force to be reckoned with!

6-XYZ is an unstoppable force!

I'm not sure if #4 was replaced with #5 after some changes that were made. Those are the levels that I remember seeing. I just didn't put "Caramel Cod" on there because I don't think it's a rep level.

-3- XYZ is a complete loser.

-2- XYZ has a tendency to be a jerk.

-1- XYZ is on the verge of being hated!

0-XYZ hasn't done anything. nothing to see here!

1-XYZ is an up and comer.

2-XYZ is an above average member.

3-XYZ - just leave everything to this guy!

4-XYZ this body glows with an amazing/awesome/whatever power!

5-XYZ is a force to be reckoned with!

6-XYZ is an unstoppable force!

I'm not sure if #4 was replaced with #5 after some changes that were made. Those are the levels that I remember seeing. I just didn't put "Caramel Cod" on there because I don't think it's a rep level.

I think I remember that lower than -3 means (insert user name here) is a punk a%! b@%ch

Yeah I actually found it right after posting. I could've sworn I deleted my post. Thanks though.

I asked because there are certain admin privileges I don't have, and I thought that was one of them until I saw Brad's post (since he and I both have the exact same privileges.)