A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

New skin progress ~ UPDATE: Button design - Page 8

GSF

Hey, if you guys are still trying to change the reps into emeralds, you should change the text (like "just leave everything to this guy" and stuff) to "Has one emerald", "Has two emeralds", you know. When you get seven, it could say "You can now become Super -User-!" XD

Corniness aside, just a thought.

Here are some emeralds about the size of the rep boxes, too.

emeralds.png

I have S2 and S3/K style emeralds to choose... I'm leaning on S2, it does look better.

Once I have some consistent new stuff, I'll update the sneak peek.

@Spike: Now XYZ can be Super XYZ! It fits... sorta.

EDIT: OK, time to vote for the favorite Emerald rep meter style, pic in the first post.

Guess that does it, S3 it is. BTW, I'll make the 4-color basic array for now, but if the forum is upgraded with a rep add-on, I'll make the required changes.

Next up... Er, topic status icons. This is gonna take some time...

Heck, I got some ideas, We could use the monitors from Sonic Worlds.

3202795252_36e32f4a6a_o.jpg - New Posts

3201947803_7b805bdbc6_o.jpg

- No New Posts

3201947923_35153b1b11_o.jpg - Thread Closed

3202795520_494325d8ce_o.jpg - Hot thread w/ new posts

3202795472_f493a4f2bf_o.jpg - Hot thread w/ no new posts

3202795562_9534dc319c_o.jpg - You have posted in this thread.

(Boxes are by Damizean).

So, what do you think? :ssmile:

Monitors could work, but the 'You have posted' concept consists in a variant for each primary icon. An individual Sonic face doesn't indicate if there are new replies or anything.

I'm thinking about using the big rings Ila posted for the subforum icons. As for topics... I'll look on it. As an example, here's a portion of the icon set of the ol' Dark Water:

thread.gifthread_new.gif - Normal topic

thread_hot.gifthread_hot_new.gif - Hot topic

thread_lock.gifthread_lock_new.gif - Locked topic

Any topics where you posted display the normal icon with a small dot above, like this: thread_dot_new.gif

It must be built over this concept. Maybe some level elements could fit. Bobbins or something like that.

Please don't turn this into "how many random sonic related objects and patterns can we fit into one skin"..

I'm happy someone is finally making something more tailored to this community but don't go overboard on repeating checkerboard patterns and things of that ilk, you know.

And christ Koray, you pick the wackiest times to show up.

I try to show up as much as possible. I honestly miss the place. I'm just really busy you know. Back in school and stuff and my sister had a baby that I now take care of during the day. Just, business. Glad you didn't forget me though deary ;)..