A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Apparently you can make a living making crappy fangames.

Spike

Race through four action-packed classic Sonic zones' date=' collecting rings to free Sonic's animal friends that were captured by Dr. Eggman!

Teaches Spelling:

• Consonant and vowel blends

• Compound words

• Contractions

• Plural words[/quote']

They forgot to add 'Make you scream wildly over poor physics and glitches', but oh well...

Really, WTF. A Sonic game that teaches you that stuff... (how the hell it can?) Damn...

And yes, this has The Games Factory written all over it.:

Let's see... Each time Sonic jumps, only two words come to my head: Platform Movement.

The tunnel parts and the Hydrocity slide look just like Path Movement!

And what's up with the miniaturized boss... Making it even more useless?

Carnival Night gimmicks mixed in Emerald Hill... Pointless letter monitors...

And no skidding and/or deceleration when Sonic turns around, it behaves exactly like the Platform Movement. Heck, what's this 'didj' system anyway? A device that runs TGF executables? This HAS to be some 'Click' line game.

I don't see why it matters. If it's suppose to help kids learn, then game mechanics really shouldn't be an issue. It's not a grade school kid is going to care anyway. Seriously, would any of you play a children's game? Yeah they could have done a better job. Sure they could have pick someone else who actual game creation knowledge. Sega might have authorize it. The thing that bothers me is that they like only used 2 sound effects.

****ing awesome that they're using genesis style instead of advance style.

Genesis style ftw. Everyone knows that Genesis pwnz Advance-style graphics.

Still, they should've hired one of us to do it. We would've done it better.

SEGA doesn't give a shit about the people who really care about the quality of their games--The gamer. But then again, that's why there's people like you, Slingerland, and countless other people. The people who actually give months, and in some cases, a few years' time to making quality stuff that doesn't suck. And I agree with you that you guys would do 200% better than this didj company did (EDIT 2a: "© SEGA" on the description). (EDIT) On the subject of attempting that type of game, perhaps someone could try that concept in a fan game?

This isn't the first time. (Sorry, couldn't find an actual site.) That game also uses Genesis sprites, though it's for a different system. There are some Sonic Advance sprite movements (correct term?) just converted to Genesis. Different, that's for certain. I haven't found a single SEGA logo anywhere, which really calls things into question.

I don't know if it was stated, but there was also a Sonic game for the Pixter handheld system that was just as fangame like based on Sonic X...

Used a crappily edited Sonic 3 sprite had hilariously awful number based gameplay.

This game actually looks good by comparison.