A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic and the Black Knight. Yeah.

I bet instead of 7 rings this time, its 7 grails. lol

"Seven grails in Hand!~~"

Anyway, I kinda think its crazy that there's not one, two, but three different sonic games in the making.

I believe in the saying, "Quality, not quantity".

Okay, but am I allowed to say that this game doesn't suck? Usually if I do that, people tell me I'm bitching. : /

No, you can't say it doesn't suck because there isn't any reason to say it doesn't suck. We have no real information except that it's made by SEGA (largely adds to the likelihood its going to suck), it's a Sonic game (largely adds to the likelihood its going to suck), and that he wields a sword (largely adds to the likelihood its going to suck). If there were something that showed any inclination to the contrary, then it would be cool to say the game doesn't suck, but as it is, there is nothing.

That said, you are free to give it a chance and whatever, but don't freak out because people are wary of something when all of the information available points to a shitty game.

Really, I think we're done with the images now.

I disagree completely, lets face it this game is nuts. We here at SFGHQ have made some crazy sonic games remember Sonic and the Global Events? Well I think this is up there with that its just a really bad idea for a comerial game.

Plus the pictures are hilarious.

Really, I think we're done with the images now. Let's talk about the way the sword looks or something. Or maybe a fun conversation like how would you incorporate swordplay into a Sonic game?

In all seriousness, then.

I think the sword-play should be done in conjunction with the traditional speed-based gameplay. The sword would only be used in "hit and run" or "run by" types of moves.

For example, Sonic will be running through an area, and an enemy will be coming up on his left. Wave the Wii-mote, and Sonic will swing his blade as he runs by.

I think trying to throw sword-play into already existing mechanics is just plain stupid. And what may I ask is traditional speed-based gameplay? It certainly isn't traditional platforming gameplay, since the operative word there is speed.

If the game wants to be Sonic with a sword, it needs to be more about sword-play and less about Sonic. Thats all there is too it. If you want to throw it into the Sonic gameplay that exists right now (Sonic Adventure 2/Shadow the Hedgehog/etc), what you'll end up with is a disjointed game that is running around broken up with fighting, and let's be blunt here... thats retarded. Plain retarded. If you try to do several different gameplay styles, none of them will excel. It's just like Sonic Heroes where you are running around and suddenly a hammer douche pops up and you have to spend way too much time killing him so that you can get back to the game.

That said, if they wanted to make it good, I'd imagine a fast paced sword fighting game, not nearly as much about going from point A to point B as your typical Sonic game, with an emphasis on dodging and well-placed strikes... especially so if the game is going to be using Motion Plus (which is the only reason I can imagine for them to be developing this). I think that its important to make fans realize that this isn't really a Sonic game and shouldn't be compared to the platformers in the series nor should expectations be derived from platformers in the series.

Knowing SEGA though, it'll be just like Shadow the Hedgehog when you are weilding a sword, only with a few special sword attacks and maybe some kind of combo system. We know SEGA are fucking cheap and only willing to make about 5 enemies per game and then texture swap them into oblivion, so the idea of having an emphasis on fighting is unlikely or at best, poorly executed and boring.

Guest Shadix
"Seven grails in Hand!~~"

Anyway, I kinda think its crazy that there's not one, two, but three different sonic games in the making.

I believe in the saying, "Quality, not quantity".

1148888627_tim.jpg

...aaa GRRRRRRAILLLL?

Edit: Late on the monty python jokes, damn it... :(

Really, I think we're done with the images now. Let's talk about the way the sword looks or something. Or maybe a fun conversation like how would you incorporate swordplay into a Sonic game?

Sword looks like a sword. Shorehorn into Sonic's hand, Waggle to swing. Drive steak into Sonic's heart and call it a day.

[/sworddiscussion]

EDIT: speaking of driving a steak into Sonic's heart; next game: vampire. Mediocre flying controls ensue.

Guest Shadix

K, rumor patrol:

Also there are some rumors going around that the NP issue states that this game has and I quote:

* - First person gameplay

* - With west rpg elements

* - No MotionPlus compatible

* - Coming 2009, Wii exclusive

RUMOR MILL AWAY!!

expect PG to repost this.