A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic and the Black Knight. Yeah.

http://kotaku.com/5027206/sonic-and-the-black-knight-isnt-a-bad-dream

“After the success of Sonic and the Secret Rings we’re delighted to announce a second title in the Storybook Series"
Storybook Series
Series

Oh god. There's going to be more?

Other tidbits include mention of the nunchuk, meaning it won't use the same controls as Secret Rings, so now you can run off ledges the way Yuji Naka intended: with the joystick. Also, missions are back, meaning you'll enjoy the same 7 levels over and over again.

This is what I get for liking Secret Rings :(

Also 7.5/10 Shadix. I felt a sting on that one.

Aerosol: Lol, I'm going to wait until I see trailers, sure. That doesn't change the fact that I feel like I've been down this road before and they continually lie to me. And, really, when you're disappointed a lot your expectations are lowered. That's just the way things work. Like Little Jimmy's dad continually promising he'll make his basketball game and continually having "too much work at the office." Eventually Little Jimmy just doesn't even care. Not everyone can be as continually optimistic as you. And really, you can't expect them to be. Sorry, but not really.

As if I haven't been disappointed before? Doesn't stop me from not shitting all over a game before I know a damn thing about it.

Edit: Also, I'm not especially optimistic either. It's interesting/weird, and I want to wait until there's more info before I make a judgement. And yes, even if there were a Sonic game with sonic running around with cybernetic implants, blasting everything to hell called Iron Sonic announced, I would wait for more info before making a judgement. I just think it's stupid for people to flipping this way and that way just because Sonic has a sword, when that's all the information there is on the game.

Let's help sonicteam.

Let's make a game based on the book manual from sonic the hedgehog, where a little blue hedgehog was running (at average speed) and jumping here and there saving his friends from the evil doctor eggman who is trapping animals inside robots and plaing to use chaos emeralds to make evil things.

Aerosol: Once again, that's you. No one has to respond to things the way you will. No one has to be as optimistic as you are. That's the point. Even so, we know a handful of things about it already. It's a sequel of sorts to Sonic and the Secret Rings, that focuses mainly on speed. Chances are it'll play like either Sonic and the Secret Rings or Unleashed. We know it's going to use the wii remote and nunchuk whereever possible. Due to past and continuing experiences we already know there's probably going to be lots of rail grinding, a few endless pits, and mediocre enemies. And why shouldn't we expect this? It's been done up until now and is currently being implemented in the current Unleashed. I don't see them suddenly turning around and overhauling the way hey make games. That'd be highly improbable. Given that, a lot of people already know enough about it to not want to know more. And that's perfectly fine.

I don't see why you have to make a post like your initial one- like you're going to change everyone's viewpoint and make them care. Just let it be. Sure, smack up the people who proclaim it as Sonic's death or Sega's downful. That deserves it, but no one has to give them a chance. In most cases, they've already gotten their chances. For me, the chance was Sonic Next. Until there's some sort of direction change, I don't care anymore. For me there's gotta be a limit to chances- for anything really. Baseball would be hella more boring than it is, if the batter got to swing until he hit the ball.

Blue Frenzy: How about no, dude?

AeroGP: Lawl. I only vaguely remember this..

Everytime a game comes out involving sonic, it gets ripped apart. Noone can simply say "hmm, looks weird. I'll wait for more info before making a judgement.". No. It gets ripped apart. Whatever guys.

I just have a feeling that if they were finally going to "fix" Sonic with this game. It would not involve a sword or a black knight.

Sonic totally swapped spit with a human. He needs fixin'.

Also, bottomless pits everywhere. At least in Secret Rings, I wasn't afraid of the homing attack sending me in some retarded direction. In fact, that game almost worked save for the silly backtracking feature and lame focus on missions. Lack of control over Sonic's running speed was an issue too.

Okay, so maybe it had more problems than I thought.

Scatta: I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion. SFGHQ is full of stubborn people, I know that. I just think the reactions so far are pretty stupid, seeing as we have little to no information on this game. "Sonic has a sword, they obviously are still ignoring us, the knowledgeable gamers, and so obviously, this game is going to suck." That's all I see here, every time a new game is announced. I just think it's stupid.

Good god. I can't believe that the Sonic Unleashed topic (which had actual discussion about the game) got locked and this horrid topic is allowed to survive. If Sonic Unleashed got locked because it "wasn't worth discussing" (fucking bullshit) then why not this? This topic has been nothing but "THIS IS GOING TO SUCK" since the first post.

So anyway, about this game.

Seeing as how this is part of the so called "Storybook series", I don't think it's too far out there to figure that sonic characters will make various cameos. I'm calling Shadow as the so called "Black Knight".

@Spike: the Black Knight is evil. I suppose they'll add either Shadow, or a even-more-clone-of-Sonic character (I can't get Kirby and that Knight from the Kirby series out of my head when thinking about this title).

@Scatta: could you please stop telling people not to say their opinions? This is a discussion, a debate, the point is to make people think your opinion is right, just let Aerosol say what he thinks about this, he isn't forcing anyone to convert to his faith, he just said his opinion on this whole situation. (No flame intended at you, Scatta, I'm just saying.)

@Aerosol: Sega has gotten to the point where we have to think each of their games is shit until we are proven otherwise. It's their fault everyone is reacting like this, and not the fault of narrow-minded members.

@BlueFrenzy: don't bring the 'save SEGA topic' up... I think no-one wants that.

And that's fine Cyber Rat. I just find the inevitable shit storm of shop'd gifs and images mocking a new game's apparent crappiness old, annoying, and stupid. That's all.

I'm really hoping for shadow to be the evil black knight, actually. He hasn't been the bad guy in a while. Well he never really has been the bad guy, but you know what I mean.

• Like 1

I just find the inevitable shit storm of shop'd gifs and images mocking a new game's apparent crappiness old, annoying, and stupid.

Welcome to the Internet.

I'm really hoping for shadow to be the evil black knight, actually. He hasn't been the bad guy in a while. Well he never really has been the bad guy, but you know what I mean.

And who will fill in the role of the misunderstood dark past emo anti-hero then?

what if the Black Knight is the misunderstood dark past emo anti-hero? I don't actually think the so called "Black Knight" is gonna be the main villain. Sega hasn't really been that upfront about the plot before.

Shadow is no Black Knight. But Shadow IS playable. So is Knuckles, who uses two swords at once. But apparently they're optional characters. Wait, huh?

http://www.blueblur.org/2008/07/21/sonic-and-the-black-knight-nintendo-power-details/

Eh, sounds vaguely interesting. Very vaguely. And yet again the development team is claiming to know the past errors of Sonic.