A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic and the Black Knight. Yeah.

Yeah but thats for an MMO with a storyline being constantly developed. and you know, MMOs make big deals about content patches.

This is a Sonic game, on a system that hates DLC like it hates quality games. And the rumor is just so goddamn ridiculous in the first place.

Isn't this supposed to be an expansion for Unleashed? I heard it's just a download for the Wii version of Unleashed...but thats just a rumor. I must say um... not a game that SONIC should be in but at least it is looking better than their last flop.

I think they need to make a good story like the one from Sonic 360 and then give it an actual game, like the style in sonic adventure 2 (rather than a string of load times and bad level design).

No thanks.

Isn't this supposed to be an expansion for Unleashed? I heard it's just a download for the Wii version of Unleashed...but thats just a rumor. I must say um... not a game that SONIC should be in but at least it is looking better than their last flop.

I think they need to make a good story like the one from Sonic 360 and then give it an actual game, like the style in sonic adventure 2 (rather than a string of load times and bad level design).

This thing that you just said? Absolutely derp.

Also, preview at Joystiq: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/07/joystiq-hands-on-sonic-and-the-black-knight-wii/

Ugh, when are game developers going to realise that the whole idea of the Wii is absolutely terrible. The Wii version of Sonic unleashed was ugly and didn't play as well as the 360 version, a big thing being the rubbish tacked on Wii controls.

I usually don't say this so I don't sound like a know it all prat, but I know this game is going to be terrible, the screens luck ugly and dull, the gameplay seems like typical out of control Sonic gameplay, and the whole idea is just lazy. And that's what Sonic team is these days, lazy lazy lazy bums.

It makes me angry, because obviously a fair bit of work went into the hedgehog engine and Sonic Unleashed had the potential to be an absolutely amazing game, but in the end, somehow, someone thought it would be a great idea to make him a hogwolf, have some lazy level design elements and also thought it would be a great idea to have to backtrack for medals to progress further.

Don't even know where I'm going, but just seeing the screens and videos just makes my little sonic fanboy personality want to scream and cuddle up with Sonic 3.

Everything you see in this game that has potential, anything that looks good... savour it for now, because I can guarantee that Sonic Team and the Wii's embarrasing nature will rape this game in every orifice it has until it bleeds to death. All on your floor.

Sonic Team has a record of making things look awesome, but play like shit. They also have a record of getting lazy when they're putting the finishing touches on it. I'm gonna use something that Eric Bischoff said about TNA here:

"For me to sit down and say “listen guys, this is what you have to do to be successful” would be like telling a three-year-old how to fly an aeroplane. You can try all you want, they’re never going to get it."

(Full Quote if anyone wants to see)

Have TNA approached you at all about working for them? What would be your advice to them if they want become a true challenger to the WWE like WCW was?

Sure they have.

But look, the people that are involved in the creative process and vision for TNA are people that couldn’t get a job in WWE or shouldn’t have had a job in WCW.

There’s no vision for that company.

They are people who have never been to the dance. They’ve never been a part, really, of any of the decision-making processes that led to the success of the industry.

Some of them happen to have been working there while other people did it, but have never really done it for themselves. They just don’t have the feel for it.

So that’s the reason we wouldn’t want to be there.

For me to sit down and say “listen guys, this is what you have to do to be successful” would be like telling a three-year-old how to fly an aeroplane. You can try all you want, they’re never going to get it.

• 3 weeks later...