A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Revolution

Well, improper grammar isn't a ban-able rule, but typing in proper English would make you present yourself well. If English isn't your first language, then it's understandable. However, you should still put effort into your typing skills.

why because i used simple yet common internet slang by shortening 'you' to 'u'? Give me a break slingerland what is your problem.

Because this isn't text messaging, this is an internet forum. It also makes you look like a complete noob.

Cut the drama, Commander Angst. You get so up in arms about every single thing (which isn't surprising, considering you have a 3D fangame).

Oh and also, I don't like to play the whole "I'm an admin" card, but uh...I'm an admin. Got me, chief?

no dude i am just tired of you how you insult people for what reason, but people enjoy it. I see it left in right, but i seriously do not find it funny one bit. I mean come on. This isnt anything professional. Its a FAN GAMING community for crying out loud. If it was something near professional, i dont understand why Slingerland would have the work Shit in his signature.

no dude i am just tired of you how you insult people for what reason, but people enjoy it. I see it left in right, but i seriously do not find it funny one bit. I mean come on. This isnt anything professional. Its a FAN GAMING community for crying out loud. If it was something near professional, i dont understand why Slingerland would have the work Shit in his signature.

Dear gawd, shut up. You are being incredibly dumb right now. Typing with proper grammar and punctuation isn't a chore or anything is it? Also, it makes your posts easy to read through. Yours are full of spelling errors and run-on sentences that make your paragraphs impossible to navigate.

Slinger wasn't even being mean. Seeing someone type "u" instead of "you" fills me with uncontrollable rage and makes you look stupid. He is here to help.

Typing properly makes you appear more intelligent. Slingerland wasn't attacking you, he was just giving you advice to do what you would already be doing if you knew how to behave on a forum.

Just calm down and take an extra second or two to type using proper punctuation and capitalization, okay?

Hey spiderbyte, I added a new rule to the forum rules thread just for you. :awink:

Grammar

Expanding on the English rule, users are also expected to write in acceptable English. Use abbreviations as sparingly as possible; "u" is not an acceptable substitute for "you." Always use proper punctuation and capitalization. A few grammatical mistakes here and there are fine, but you'll come off as a moron if you type like you're in a chatroom all the time. People call this place a "message board" for a reason. Posting from your cell phone isn't the smartest thing to do either.

Now you have to learn to type well.

Hey spiderbyte, I added a new rule to the forum rules thread just for you. :awink:

Now you have to learn to type well.

That is not fair to me :(

Anyway, spiderbyte, Slingerland roars, but never bites. He is very far from you to do that xD. So just calm down. Each time I try to understand what does he do I also get in a bad mood, but i think he doesn't say of for bad, even if it sounds like that.

Please guy, the time of don't scare new member has already started, so try to be a little kinder.

That is not fair to me :(

Anyway, spiderbyte, Slingerland roars, but never bites. He is very far from you to do that xD. So just calm down. Each time I try to understand what does he do I also get in a bad mood, but i think he doesn't say of for bad, even if it sounds like that.

Please guy, the time of don't scare new member has already started, so try to be a little kinder.

You do fine BF, every once in a while I see something you type and kinda scratch my head but its rare and you most always at least get your point across. You do much better then I do when I get baked and decide to check the forums and no one has said anything to me.

no dude i am just tired of you how you insult people for what reason, but people enjoy it. I see it left in right, but i seriously do not find it funny one bit. I mean come on. This isnt anything professional. Its a FAN GAMING community for crying out loud. If it was something near professional, i dont understand why Slingerland would have the work(?) Shit in his signature.

XD Slinger's posts are funny because he's right most of the time. and saying "shit" its not the same than zHSIT!!!111. English is your mother language, you should, at least write better than me!

When you are posting in a forum you have time to check what you have just written, this in not MSN nor AIM nor IRC.

By the way, why are we talking about spelling and grammar in a game topic? :koops:

well i basically removed a truckload of crap + added some cool things, since you implemented my engine in a clunky way, you may not be able to use all the features and fixes i made.

btw (is this allowed? i mean THIS is also common internet slang)

William_Shakespeare_portrait.jpg

oh well, post edited, you should do the same.

Spiderbyte, look at your posts on SSMB...

http://www.sonicstadium.org/board/index.php?s=&showtopic=32203&view=findpost&p=593771

Those are fine. "Why can't you do that here?" is all I'm asking of you. I just want you to make sense.

that's just plain hypocritical

Or, "gawd" is an emphasis of how to say the word "god." :P

We're done with this particular discussion now. Don't reply to it, just read it. Go back to the Revolution hype.

• 3 weeks later...

Boop. Small update.

We got a band to do music for us, Budapeg (look on youtube, look at news interviews, etc). They are pretty good and they agreed to collaberate on this with our many other musicians. The engine is aparting from the Bastardized engine, and i will be rewritting the remaining absent code from scratch. Thanks cyborg for your support! That though won't start until somewhere around October.

We also found a professional 3ds Max user who can help us export that Sonic model and import into blender correctly without losing the animations, but I am not 100% if this will follow through, so if you have any related knowlege, help us!

We got another sketch artist/level designer, and i think its our final one. He/She (?) is a really quick worker, and hours after giving him/her access, they already had sketches from posted documentation.

I am learning XNA on my very small side time (about an hour a day) and i think i might make a small little 2d sonic engine and release sources for you guys so we can see Sonic fangames on Windows and Xbox360. Tell me if you have any request