A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Revolution

Pro ShadowBlaze: Yup, they fired their main Programmer, harsh times in deving (same with my team). we were missing something that each other had (I had the engine, no modellers etc, he had the modellers etc, no engine)

Scatta: Who said that? edit: nvm..ignore him ok?

What i am doing now:

Im working with Cyborg_AR and trying to set up a dash panel script. Im new to python so its also a learning experience! Ive got other things programmed such as springs, ring system, lives system, and working on item boxes too! I am also working on the beach level which i suspect to be just a testing level for now.

I would rather to focus on Sonic's movement more. From what I saw, Sonic's controls weren't very tight at all and you would slide all over the place (If I am to refer to your most recent gameplay footage). I would recommend making Sonic have more friction or whatever you can think of to stop the sliding problem.

Work on the rings/lives system before working on the gimmicks. You will not regret having a more... controllable Sonic to race around levels with.

I would rather to focus on Sonic's movement more. From what I saw, Sonic's controls weren't very tight at all and you would slide all over the place (If I am to refer to your most recent gameplay footage). I would recommend making Sonic have more friction or whatever you can think of to stop the sliding problem.

Work on the rings/lives system before working on the gimmicks. You will not regret having a more... controllable Sonic to race around levels with.

you can try the gameplay yourself in the demo i posted some posts ago.

you can try the gameplay yourself in the demo i posted some posts ago.

Basicly what he is saying i suck at playing lol.

Since the video, i lowered the turning speed (easier to control) lessened the acceleration rate. As far as sliding. there really isnt any SLIDE (not too much at least), if you wanna see similar gameplay mechanics, play Sonic Bastardized as i have adopted is physics.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. Its true Slingerland! I can't believe it!

edit: now that i look back, i wasnt the one upset one bit, EXshad was. XD

If i was smart, like DeltaSpeeds, Cyborg_AR, i would have worked alone -_- but then again, the material in the game would be 50 times less...great since i can barely model and what not