A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Revolution

Too much effect? Or too much usage of the effect?

the real intention of the effect should only happen when you hit a dash panel, and should last about 5 seconds.

ShootingStar: Please, don't blab too much, you're not part of the team anymore. Stop trying to ruin my small as is reputation everywhere

I really think you should hold out on the speed and motion blur effects until sonic hits Max speed. Other than that, the effects are pretty cool.

Still, you all should work on the movement physics and animations before the special effects.

well, he has to worry about the levels now, i think that my codebase regardin physics and movement is good enough for now

and yea, too much motion blur, in my original code it only activates for a little while after spindashing or homing.

I'm trying to offer my criticism here, I apologize if it comes out kinda mean, but that story was horrible. (Save the giant squid mech, that sounds like it'd be a fun boss) and it sounded at the time like you wanted the game to be storyline driven, and well, look at what happened to ShTH when they took a decent game, and tried to drive it with bad fanfiction.

Cyborg...can you get on aim or msn real quick? got a few questions

I'm trying to offer my criticism here, I apologize if it comes out kinda mean, but that story was horrible. (Save the giant squid mech, that sounds like it'd be a fun boss) and it sounded at the time like you wanted the game to be storyline driven, and well, look at what happened to ShTH when they took a decent game, and tried to drive it with bad fanfiction.

dude...stop.... why do you do this to me? I am not bothering you, you keep bothering me! Thats why i blocked you on MSN so stop!

Yo, nice to see some more of this stuff in action. For the basics, it looks as if you've gotten most of what needs to be done in respect to the physics. Just be sure to tighten it up. I can't be more informative about what needs to be worked on, as nothing playable is out, but try making everything "smoother" in flow.

No major qualms about the motion blur except that, as Serephim stated, it should happen at or near maximum velocity. I know the project is just starting, but those animations... Well you have work to do on them at least.

Lastly, nice work jeztac.

dude...stop.... why do you do this to me? I am not bothering you, you keep bothering me! Thats why i blocked you on MSN so stop!

Why are you such an asshole?

I don't see him breaking any rules. All I see is him offering critiques. I had no idea he was ever apart of this "team" and I could give two shits if he is or isn't anymore. Calm down.

Yo, nice to see some more of this stuff in action. For the basics, it looks as if you've gotten most of what needs to be done in respect to the physics. Just be sure to tighten it up. I can't be more informative about what needs to be worked on, as nothing playable is out, but try making everything "smoother" in flow.

No major qualms about the motion blur except that, as Serephim stated, it should happen at or near maximum velocity. I know the project is just starting, but those animations... Well you have work to do on them at least.

Lastly, nice work jeztac.

if you want to test gameplay, you can test my engine, that is almost the same, without the effects and the ripped level DL Link

The sonic model was made by DR_MECHA (as published in these forums). the controls are: the arrows for movement (tank/car controls), space for jumping and right shift for spinning. you can change between the 3 available cameras with F, T and H keys (A and Z zooms in overhead mode)

NOTE: this is a rather old version, it has problems with jumping and no homing attack

Slingerland: You don't understand. I fired him back when he was my programmer, and he hacked my forums, and now he goes around trying to ruin my reputation. For instance, he told Cyborg_AR that i will jack his game from him, thats why Cyborg flipped out and thought i was stealing his game on the first post. He is leaking information he knows he shouldnt be leaking

thats right! WHY DOES THIS GAME have to be drama! ITS A FREAKING SONIC FAN GAME! DONT LEAK DRAYKON/SHOOTING STAR!

if you have a problem Draykon...dont bring it to the communitys attention, no one (such as Slingerland) Doesnt care about your problems or mine, so bring it to ME.

This game is a freakin Soap Opera

lol, i have never said that you stealed my engine, i just said that you are showing my engine with little new content, IE: not forking in the proper way. and well, you both are pisssing me off, you sound like 8 year old kids, and spider, stop using me like a human shield.

nb: i get pissed off pretty quickly

Not that it's any of my business, but how about talking about this game only gameplay wise, and not background-on-development-wise? If Shootingstar is trolling, then stop feeding him on the boards, spiderbyte.

And yeah, too much motion blur.

I'm sick of all this fucking drama.

Why does every 3D game have to have drama?

Because it requires more than one person to maintain, on top of every one person expecting to be the most important

So really is like The Real World / Road Rules Challenges except over the internet

and with sonic

thanks zapper. Thats because its showing MOTION BLUR :P

And the mario Galaxy level was a request from Jeztac. Im working on a beach test level right now.

Also im thinking of some kind of DUST cloud he will kick up when he runs, any ideas on how this could be done? I have a few but i would like to know if anyone else has a great one

thanks zapper. Thats because its showing MOTION BLUR :P

And the mario Galaxy level was a request from Jeztac. Im working on a beach test level right now.

Also im thinking of some kind of DUST cloud he will kick up when he runs, any ideas on how this could be done? I have a few but i would like to know if anyone else has a great one

Well I'm not an expert, but if I wanted to add that effect, you should do something with the animation. But what about snow, rain or anything else Sonic runs on? It's up to you, perhaps you should ask someone to help you out with that.

I hope your game turns out to be a great project to work on. And good luck with the beach level too.

ah Super Sonic... we dont have a model for him yet, but i will make one soon as we get the new sonic model! Thanks for reminding me. Soon as i get the model, i will put him ingame too.

Lol, actually when i said "supersonic" i ment the speed of sound, not the transformation, but its all good