A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Revolution

Sorry i forgot to put songs on here, youll have to go off that vid for now. I DID however change my avatar and size of it.

I currently have straight A's in my classes except one..... (you dont wanna know the grade or class). If i can bring my grade up, then I will be on my PC again, to program full time. Either way, we are expecting to have a downloadable demo around late november, so just wait a little bit longer!!!

And yet another scoop, I may have to buy a whole new server, and leave my current one i got from my city to rust! I have no root access so I cannot install some important software needed to run scripts for the website I will be fully recreating. I need PHP which, cant be used without special software (boohoo). Once again, if my grade goes up (to at least a C) then I will be able to get a job, and pay for server.

• 5 months later...

Update:

Engine is being reprogrammed yet again. We have another programmer on the team, who i know in life. We will be working together to pull a clean coded engine that will not be using GLSL anymore due to many people having compatibility issues. As for updates:

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n180/djtrickdog/nonglsl.png

Showing new sonic model fully UVed, being animated as we speak, showing via non GLSL. Look on main post for more crap

I currently have straight A's in my classes except one..... (you dont wanna know the grade or class). If i can bring my grade up, then I will be on my PC again, to program full time.

Man, your parents are strict like mine... terrible.

Good to have you back, man. That Sonic model is absolutely amazing.

Man, your parents are strict like mine... terrible.

Good to have you back, man. That Sonic model is absolutely amazing.

lol good to know someone else is in pain with me. Thanks! Shadow_Explorer is an amazing modeller, who is actually rigging/animating it right now! I will post a video of those when they are done as well.

Geez, you got a band agreeing to do the music and all these other things. For a project that's not even really off the ground yet(lets be honest, no 3d Sonic fan game up to today has ever been in much more of a state than a preliminary engine of just Sonic running), this seems to be getting ahead of itself pretty quick.

I don't want to come off sounding like a dick, but I've yet to see a SINGLE 3D sonic game get anywhere, and I'm sure it probably won't happen either. Everyone tells me otherwise and then suddenly you never hear from that project again. Going by how you're talking about needing parents permission to even get on here, I can tell you're too young to even handle a "project". You've got so much lined up already when you don't have a solid game to use any of it with.

Really, I do this to several projects I see, and I'm calling it out again. Call me a dick all you want, but here goes: This project will never get anywhere.

And that Sonic model sucks. His hands look awkward enough, why the heck does everyone say Sega sucks and then copy them directly with the lame "hands in the back as if anyone does that when they're running" animation is beyond me. Sonic used to have his hands in front of him before people :/

Flame me or whatever, I'm sure the outcome will tell of things to come. If people would only not go so ahed of themselves and not reveal anything until they've got a SOLID thing going(and I'm talking a level and engine that's complete and isn't still sloppy, as that's presented every single time) would I think this has any hope....

LarryCobra: lol you are a no one get out of here noob. You know nothing fool! (its chaos! the god of destruction! MUHAAHWHAHAWHAWHAW)

Perry: Yeah i know i cant wait until he finishes the animation, ive only seen him animate humans before, which turned out VERY amazing, which is why i gave him the job to animate this. Plus, its his model, he should know how it works best :).

Ya, someone with a post count of 62 is so much above me.

I'm less of a newbie than you think. Believe me when I say I get pissed at people because of all I've seen all my years around these places. And going by your attitude you don't sound like you really take criticism well without acting...well, your age :)

And saying "fool" like that makes you sound like some cheap gangster wannabee :/

No, i would never judge anyone by their post counts, just by their posts. And by the looks of most of them, you're a noob. Someone who doesn't know what a float variable is, is a noob. Anyhow, go play Sonic Adventure 1, and if you are smart enough, you will understand what a quote is, or take DimensionWarped's advice and lay in front of a rocket. Now scram.

OKAY GUYS, let's settle down. I don't dislike either of you, but I don't like the way either of you two are talking. LarryCobra, I think your posts would be more accepted if you were less hostile. Stop with the personal attacks. And spiderbyte, you're not responding well either. This has probably been the only 3D game thread we've had that hasn't had a ton of drama in it, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Hey, at least that one worked itself out relatively quickly. I just want things to remain civil.

yeah i know because i think i proved my point and he realized he was wrong. :ssmile:

Anyhow, tomorrow i will be posting the animations, and if they arnt done tomorrow, i will be posting a video showing the Skeleton rig, so either way, theres a video coming tomorrow!:aparty:

And who the hell are you? You come in here with this superiority complex, talking down to whoever you please. If you're on the kick of "not putting up with anybody's shit" (ooh, tough guy) you need to get the hell over it. Look, we know you got your little feelings hurt when DW told you that you were making an ugly face, but you don't need to come back and be a total ass to everyone just to put on a tough front and get your ego back. You're not scaring anyone.

Nobody that gets insulted in October, leaves until February and says "I'm back and not taking anyone's shit" has the right to tell people to "deal with it".

• 3 months later...

Ey uhh a little update. I haven't programmed in a while on the game because ive been grounded AGAIN due to more substance abuse. This time, i really did almost die (stupid me). But i should start poking in here a bit more and more and hopefully i will be back full time like before. Supposedly, the team has been working a lot on the character models while i've been gone, so that's good, right?