A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Nebulous (4.0 Video)

Ironrind

I have never seen a fan-game this well put together. To me this rivals sonic Nexus. Though on the originality scale this blows it out of the water. I love the artwork that you use and the engine that you've applied. The choice of music is excellent and it was relaxing to hear the rusty ruin music, it actually matched the style of the level. I also love the fact that you're going for an extensive character roster. This game is in every sense of the word, Awesome.

• 3 months later...

@Don Chaotix: I'm glad you liked it ^_^

The final version of Nebulous is around the corner & should be out within the next few months. I'll be releasing verson 4.0 as a 'beta' before officially calling this game complete with 14 zones and 34 characters. This year's SAGE will be my ultimate deadline.

shade.png

3 more characters: Blaze, Lupe & Sir Charles

http://www.moddb.com/games/sonic-nebulous (ModDB Video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qg1XS60SAo(Youtube)

• Like 1

First off, that Shade dude in your screenshot looks like something from an Alien movie, which is good.

Anyway, I'm glad you're announcing the completion of Nebulos. A rather morbid game, with a drunk camera which can stay focused, a lot of characters with few sprites (which reminds me of the 'Golden Era' of Sonic fangames), and your standard happy Sonic jump and ring sounds which break the horror for a moment. And a game which makes you feel like you're playing something American McGee would call a Sonic game.

Also, SFGHQ Mod team, can we like, make Ironrind's name glow or something? I mean, he's about to finish a game!

Thanks FanGameRevolver & Cyber Rat,

Just about there.. I've been thinking about putting together something to further explain the concept, the characters, zones and what exactly inspired them.. It is a bit complex so maybe I'll do that for Sage.

I really like the first fight you showed from Doomsday Project. The music fit really well there, too. It just seemed like some epic showdown. The only real irk I had with it was it being hard to tell if it was even possible for the boss to hit Sonic at that point. But I really liked it a lot.

• 4 months later...

Here is a preview for Version 4.0 which will be the final version for Nebulous. There will be 12 zones and the roster will include 30 characters. Some modes which had originally been planned such as 'Network Play', 3P and 4P modes will likely be cut due to a lack an internet connection later this month.

Therefore I might not be around for SAGE, but I will post Nebulous and Pure Chaotix booths within a week or so.

Knux-1.png

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN_XfStiC_4

Maybe you could put a commentary mode in-game? Like Valve did for Portal and Left 4 Dead? Sure, it would require some more work, but it would be much more fun.

Hmm.. I might do that one day down the road. Actually, I kind of like prefer the mysteriousness.

I still can't believe SAGE will have a finished game.

I see you also added a 'layer level' like in Pure Chaotix. I wonder whether it will be too hectic considering Nebulous' camera...

This year I have a normal monitor, so I'll be able to discern what's where... hopefully... Can't wait to play it.

I see you also added a 'layer level' like in Pure Chaotix. I wonder whether it will be too hectic considering Nebulous' camera...

Actually, this game is flat. Some background elements are just made up of smaller and darker tiles to create that illusion.

Thanks guys

I still can't believe SAGE will have a finished game.

STJ announced they would have their finished project, SRB2, released @ SAGE a few weeks before their earlier release date in may. Part one of RSXG (a full six zones) is also supposed to appear at SAGE. It is remarkable that these gigantic projects which have been under construction are finally reaching completion. Sure its not all that amazing but my 3D emerald hunt game is complete too. I'm sure there will be even more complete projects too... but honestly this SAGE may be the biggest one yet in terms of Epic fangame releases.

STJ announced they would have their finished project, SRB2, released @ SAGE a few weeks before their earlier release date in may. Part one of RSXG (a full six zones) is also supposed to appear at SAGE. It is remarkable that these gigantic projects which have been under construction are finally reaching completion. Sure its not all that amazing but my 3D emerald hunt game is complete too. I'm sure there will be even more complete projects too... but honestly this SAGE may be the biggest one yet in terms of Epic fangame releases.

Did you just find out about that?

Also the game looks epic i love the style.

Did you just find out about that?

nah just pointing out that this game coming to completion doesn't make it the first complete fan game at SAGE there are others finishing up at the same time, and other fangames that have been copleted already. Not that it doesn't make this game extroidinary. I suppose it is the first big project from SFGHQ tho, if im not mistaken.

STJ announced they would have their finished project, SRB2, released @ SAGE a few weeks before their earlier release date in may.

SRB2? Releasing? *giggles*

Part one of RSXG (a full six zones) is also supposed to appear at SAGE.

Bullshit police says that's bullshit.

I'm sure there will be even more complete projects too...

It's SAGE. Nobody ever has a complete project (that's worth a damn). That's why I'm pretty pumped to play Nebulous. It's finished and actual effort was put into it.

I suppose it is the first big project from SFGHQ tho, if im not mistaken.

Yeah, "Time Attacked" wasn't that great anyway. *shot*

---

So, do you check your sources before you type or what?

• 3 weeks later...