A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Random Doodlez Thread 2.0

Serephim

Did some last minute contest entries for I-Mockery. The idea was to make an original Robot Master in celibration of Mega Man 9, with the three best entries being awarded the infamous MM9 poster given out at I AM 8-BIT.

I just threw down some quick concept crap in Sketchbook Pro, though I like my first entry enough to do an actual, full moneyshot.

punkmansmall.jpg

EDIT: oh fuck me. typo'd on my own entry! Dammit, Gamma. Proofread!

pillsurydoughmansmall.jpg

This is stupid, though it's probably better than I chose this over Cock Man.

I wasn't sure if I should have gone for teh lolz like the other contests or be all "srs business", so I just submitted two concept sketches instead of one. Then I learned that I could have just typed a paragraph or two instead :[

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

robotink.jpg

I wish more people used 1680x1050 as a resolution so that I wouldn't have to spoilertag something that's already at 50% :V

Scribbled this down during my Aesthetics class. My friend kept buggin' me to see it, so I figured I'd just throw it on photobucket. I was imagining The Rocketeer when I drew it (I even snuck in the rockets. shhhhh!), but the gold/orange looked poopy.

Someday, I want to have a Rocketeer discussion, because that shit's bangin'.

• 1 month later...

Self_Portrait_Thing_by_PheonixGamma.jpg

Just a quick drawing I did when I was trying out Corel Painter. On the one hand, I'm getting a lot more feedback from the pressure sensitivity. On the other hand, it's really hard to work with a brush that works that well.

EDIT: Oh fuck me. Forgot to make it in CMYK. I looked at it on a Mac and the colors looked all wrong. Goddammit.

Awesome PG. Must be nice drawing on the computer with pressure sensitivity. ;]

It's the source of my power. Being one of the few students on campus with a tablet puts me at an advantage in my courses.

When I tore the USB cable in two by mistake, I had a heart attack, 'cause I've got 6 things I need to finish by next week :V

Speaking of that avatar, did you draw that pic of Roll =D? It is really quite awesome.

Same with those sketches! I wish I was able to make my crappy sketches look that awesome.

Edit: What I also like about most of your sketches Ashura, is that they have great line of action.

You're trying to tell me that is crappy? Holy crap.

An artist must always exceed their boundaries, even if their art is at a high level to impress a vast amount of people. Once an artist is satisfied with their work, the drive to move on lingers and soon fades. I should know and I'm trying my best to get that spark back. Oh god how I'm trying. Damn school finals...

http://pheonixgamma.deviantart.com/art/Domo-Arigato-106549756

Contest entry I did for Games Radar. The goal was to make up your own Persona, so I took a design of a robot I drew and just added my silly hat, headphones and a scarf.

Also, he's possessed by a demon. Because I drew the robot before realizing he wasn't demonic at all. Therefore he is a Demonic Robot Persona, not a robot.

Tried using a more muted palette to stay away from my usual prismatic color schemes.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...