A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Random Doodlez Thread 2.0

Serephim

I don't see why you guys get so defensive. I never said ANIME SUCKS. I said <3 people who DONT draw Anime. The only reason why I hate the Anime style, and yes, you all have it [i'm not discouting your art. If you're able to make a person look like a person, no matter what proportion, you have my =])is because everybody and their mother tries to copy it, but you seem to not want to be labeled as it. As far as I'm concerened, it's way overdone. No matter what branch of anime you want to call it and say it doesnt look like it at all... It still is. =]

Well, for me, ive been drawing this way all my life, and i see no reason to change it now. Its just that most people seriously feel like its an "unfair" art style or "overrated" when its really no different than any other art style. Some people are perfect at drawing photorealistic pictures but if you ask them to draw an entire human it'll come out completely distorted. I personally dont see the difference anymore.

It isnt a matter of "DAT A JAPANESE THINGY STP BNG JAPENESEE", some people just draw like that. America has no definate art style anyway. Its america. EVERYTHING came from somewhere else. When it comes to art we really dont have anything to call our own, unless of course its music.

• 2 weeks later...

warmup3.png

Warmup sketch I did. I'm playing with heads right now and using shapes to add variety.

warmup2-1.png

Scrapped draft for a web design project. Originally one frame in an animated gif used as part of a "slideshow" to show five different moments in time. This one moment was supposed to have the character (moi) walking down the stairs when suddenly the railing gives way and he falls off the side. I realized that wasn't as funny as I imagined and came up with a different concept for my story. For whatever reason, the file quality went down the shitter when I saved this. Not sure what happened. lolwups

warmup.jpg

Another warmup sketch. I had A Link to the Past on the brain and needed to get it out of my system.

I actually cleaned the face up a little bit, cause I liked how it came out. Might ink in later.

GingerSketchFinalSmall.jpg

Posted this in a previous thread where I pimped Sketchbook Pro to everyone. This was the first time inking with that program. The brush tool met my needs better than other programs, so I scanned some concept art for a project I'm collaborating on and inked it over. I liked how it came out, so I slapped on some colors and just a hint of shadow.

Also, there's a difference between anime and something that's trying to be anime. I haven't seen any anime in this thread.