A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Nebulous video

Ironrind

It's a bit early but here is the vid for my Sonic Nebulous fan game..Stylewise, it's very out of the norm(as you can see)..It features 1P/2P single-screen, 2P spit-screen, computer AI, plenty of different player abilities, joystick, cd Audio, team/compete...and a bunch of other shit...lol. I'll post the latest version as soon as it done..in a week or so..

choose2.jpg

boom.jpg

sonKux.jpg

(Youtube Video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBmaGpDSqMI

---------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------

Update (February 20th):

I've gotten Nebulous to the point that I'm ready to release my second version. There is still a lot to be done so try to think of this as mostly a fan-game experiment..

Some pros and cons...

There are five playable characters but will be thirty when it's completed. I'm still working some bugs out of Knuckles but you can still play as him. Obviously, make sure you choose a player that doesn't say coming soon. It'll just kick you back to the menu if you do. I just put in the split screen so its buggy, but it should give a basic idea of what I want to do with it. If you choose 1P/CPU, you can overide the AI and play and play as the second player also. 2P is shit right now and so is the computer AI. If don't like the auto camera or if it makes you sick, you can just turn it off in the options menu. To get into the special stage, you have to complete the act with 100 rings. I been having problems with the special stage's transition back to 2D so once you get there, the game will quit as soon as you leave...

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/b5d34e3b13_30.98MB (Scroll down page, link is good)

And some info...

----------------------------------------------------

<<Menu Controls>>

ENTER Select menu

SPACE Choose character

BACKSPACE Leave menu

F1 Game Info

F4 Toggle Full-screen

F9 Screenshot

<<Player Controls>>

PLAYER ONE:

ARROW KEYS Move in direction

SPACEBAR / keypad "*" Jump/Slash*****/Fly*/Glide******

SHIFT / keypad "/" Special

ENTER / keypad "-" Enter Vehicle/Teleport**

CONTROL Stick to wall***/Shoot****

PLAYER TWO:

W UP

S DOWN

A LEFT

D RIGHT

G Jump/Fly*/Glide******

Q Teleport to player one (2P Single-screen Only)

DOWN (While moving) Roll

SPACEBAR/G (While Ducking) Spin Dash

SPACEBAR (While in air) Slash*****

DOWN+SPACEBAR**** Stomp****

* If playing as Tails

** If playing as Sally

*** If playing as Espio

**** If playing as Bunny

***** If playing as Sonic

****** If playing as Knuckles

<<Specials>>

Sonic:

Use the power-ring for a temporary boost of speed costing

10 rings.

Sally:

Create becon target for teleportation costing 5 rings. (Use

ENTER to confirm location and teleport)

Knuckles:

N/A

Espio:

Use invisability for a limited amount of time per use costing

10 rings. Espio cannot interact with enemies while invisable.

Tails:

Recharges flying stamina.

Bunnie:

Boost of speed which increases body temperature. Can overload if used to much.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 2.5 (March 31)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my third release for Nebulous. I planned to only fix a few glitches but

I've done a lot more. I've added two new characters(Honey and Cream) and a few new

features like the flame shield, additional and revised stages, and also an

automatic progress saving feature. Now you can combo kills as long as you don't

touch down to the ground and you'll see how many kills you rack up. So yeah, just

check it out..

creamfire.png

epsiotrain.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAgECStw5WE

http://www.filefactory.com/file/04ff03/

• Like 2

Who did the graphics and artwork for this game?

H. R. Giger?

(Rep for those who get the joke)

Everything you see here is all me...It's a one man project aside from using Damizean and McdIzzY's engine. You guys are ill...lol

wow, that looks insane.

I like Sonic's muscles XD

Do I see playable SatAM characters? You got my attention.

Both SatAM & SonicTeam universes are tied into this...but basicly it takes place in Mobious...So far the completed stages are Knothole and Robotropolis..

Like I said in the Screenshot thread, this looks really cool. I tried to play the demo on your website; unfortunately, this is what happened...

attachment.php?attachmentid=632&stc=1&d=1202915616

attachment.php?attachmentid=633&stc=1&d=1202915616

...and then it closes out with an complaint about a drawing error. :)

I guess GM games aren't a high priority on WINE's support list...

post-16-138639761477_thumb.jpg

post-16-138639761478_thumb.jpg

All the characters look high

LOL

Anyway, I'm hating that music, but loving the game. Looks like some kind of halloween-related concept though, what with the facial expression of the characters and the atmosphere of the level. Looking forward to it though, nice job

No worries, I'm not going to use that music in the actual game xD

Like I said in the Screenshot thread, this looks really cool. I tried to play the demo on your website; unfortunately, this is what happened...

[qimg]http://www.sonicfangameshq.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=632&stc=1&d=1202915616[/qimg]

[qimg]http://www.sonicfangameshq.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=633&stc=1&d=1202915616[/qimg]

...and then it closes out with an complaint about a drawing error. :)

I guess GM games aren't a high priority on WINE's support list...

I'm surprized at that..I don't know what exactly caused it but I have a few guesses that might have something to do with the game resolution settings..If you can run other GM games with no problems, then that does seem odd. I don't know a whole lot about WINE, but I'll try to mess around with it..

H R Giger is the guy who 'invented' the alien from the ALIEN series...

When I came up with "nebulous", I was refering to clouds in space...so the whole idea isn't too different..same with the drop pod..I had 40k in mind

Yeah... this is one of those games, that, at first it's like 'What'd he do, use MS Paint to make these sprites!?" and then slowly it suddenly grows on you, like 'Wow, it kinda fits'. The Sprites match the background, and the mood.

Admittedly, like the other SatAM fangame, Sonic Epoch, out there, it still doesn't feel like I'm 'Playing SatAM'. but it's a step in the right direction for sure!