A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Nebulous video

Ironrind

Here is the game link:

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/b5d34e3b13_30.98MB (Scroll down page, link is good)

I haven't found any yet but if anyone gets an abort message, please let me know so I can update it..

Yeah... this is one of those games, that, at first it's like 'What'd he do, use MS Paint to make these sprites!?" and then slowly it suddenly grows on you, like 'Wow, it kinda fits'. The Sprites match the background, and the mood.

Admittedly, like the other SatAM fangame, Sonic Epoch, out there, it still doesn't feel like I'm 'Playing SatAM'. but it's a step in the right direction for sure!

Everything was originally drawn with MS paint..lol. But I polished it up afterwards Paintshop7.

This game is pretty cool. The snow in the second act slowed the game down to a snails pace, though. Might want to change the way you make snow or just nix it all together.

The art style does grow on you, but it still feels like it's trying to be too hardcore. Like, Amy's a prostitute and Cheese is... a grim reaper?

• 1 month later...

This is my third release for Nebulous. I planned to only fix a few glitches, but I've done a lot more. I've added two new characters(Honey and Cream) and a few new features like the flame shield, additional and revised stages, and also an auto-saving feature. Now you can combo kills as long as you don't touch down to the ground and you'll see how many kills you rack up. So yeah, just check it out..

creamfire.png

epsiotrain.png

(Youtube)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAgECStw5WE

(Download)

http://www.filefactory.com/file/04ff03/

@DW: As of now, it seems that I really have to question your judgment. My character roster in time will include 30+ other playable characters. To neglect everything else I've brought to the table to me is really pure nonsense, but if that is still your opinion, so be it..

Honey kicks ass honey.png

It was a joke. You see, if you had been a long standing community member, you would have understood that.

In fact, I'm a little suprised you didn't notice that I wasn't being serious regardless of history. You might even say... it makes me question your judgement :P Of conversation that is.

Overall, I'll say this. I'm intrigued at the game, amused by your attention to detail, but bothered by the floaty physics. I do also think that having 30 characters is a total waste of time and that you could have just condensed elements among 2-4 core characters instead of spending obviously huge amounts of time making hand drawn sprites for a massive number of characters, with most people who actually play the game probably only bothering with a couple in all likelihood.

This game is hella awesome. The hard look of the charcaters is new. But the music, gameplay, and graphics are all awesome. One thing that is so impressive is when you go through a look and the camera rotates. That was so cool. I have never seen that done before. Good job 9/10.

Don't worry about it. I can tolerate mistakes made out of being a tad defensive.

Besides, you had no way of knowing about my deep dark history with Honey.

It all began long ago... actually, I'm not sure how long it was... but it was in a topic about Sonic and the use of way too many characters. All of a sudden, someone suggested that they bring Honey back. A trip to Google and 10 minutes later, I was quite confused as to why anyone would want a prototyping character that wasn't even really part of an old obscure arcade game to be a part of the main series.

From there things got crazy, and before I knew it, everyone was doing Honey art. Making Honey sprites, I think Sef even made a Honey model... though it was so long ago it might have been someone else maybe... and anyway, I took every single inclusion of Honey as a personal affront to my sanity. At least... jokingly. The best part is someone always took the jokes seriously.

WOOOAAHHH! This game should come packaged with a sick bag, SOMEONE'S gonna need one!

*wonders how you actually download a real sick bag*

This game is brilliant, I like the hand drawn graphics.

I keep failing to see the things that kill me since everythings quite dark and I'm playing during a sunny day, which doesn't help, and I keep getting all these green lines flickering across the screen but I'm glad the music in the game isn't the same as in the trailer, that was awful and nearly put me off trying this.

I've seemed to have opened up SFG's so called Pandoras Box and unleashed some sort of "creature". A creature of an even odder imagination than myself..lol

Thanks so much for the responses, I know I dropped the ball in the music department on my last release. You can say I was just testing the waters a bit. I'm still tweaking out the physics, they are really bad right now but I'll continue to tighten the screws on that.

I still have a few big ideas involving the rotation-cam but I'm not saying anything as of yet while my to do list is still as thick as ever...

I've loved this game ever since I knew you were doing the whole camera rotation bit. It's something I'd always wanted to do but never really tried to figure out. It's great to see the idea in play and I also love the fact that you're re-imagining all the characters this way. The hand drawn gfx are amazing. All-in-all, even without having touched the controls of this game yet, you're a huge inspiration.

I do agree with DW though, in saying that 30 characters is definitely overkill.

I'm humbled just to be able to share to my ideas and your comments are extreamly helpful =D

As for the roster, I'm thinking about using those extra players as bosses so basicly you will fight robotnik just once as the final boss. Therefore, once you beat these players as bosses, they then will become playable. But I'm hoping to make this work mainly so I can expand the multiplayer player elements that I have in mind

• 1 month later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awo5TE7Oiq0

^^Just a small video update showing off new a character's boomerang use that's also able to obtain shields, break boxes and collect rings.. I've been working on a few other projects but latley I've been back on this tip..

edit:

@ PH: Thanx ;D

New playable Metal/Mecha. Uses a lock-on ability for lazer & homing attack

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YSll22kmDkg

High speed race:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=03vej5LJVG4

& a pic of Mecha's backwards slide from S&K

groundslide.png