A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Super Smash Brothers: Brawl!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marth ftw

Ness is cool, but his third jump can be a pain in levels with lots of platforms (fall far enough between two buildings in Eagleland and you better hope the second jump has enough "omf" to get you up)

If Pichu didn't hurt himself everytime he used a special, I'd play as him more often. Then again, if Bowser and DK weren't so useless, I'd probably use them too :X

I think Yoshi's pretty underrated. I've seen some pretty amazing players handle him well at local tournaments, yet a lot of people I know hate him (my ex even came up to me once in Calc class and said she played SSBM and said that Yoshi sucks, but she's a noob)

I hope Game and Watch has better moves. I know they're good, but they're a pain in the ass to use properly. I just play as him to piss others off with the taunt.

Continuing with Terid Kane's character list of new characters:

Meta Knight

Leon

Panther

Zero Samus Suit (Samus without her Powersuit)

AiAi

Nights

Pit

Wario

Uhhh.........that's all I can think of. I'll update new characters soon.

I can't think of any other ones.

Marth ftw

Ness is cool, but his third jump can be a pain in levels with lots of platforms (fall far enough between two buildings in Eagleland and you better hope the second jump has enough "omf" to get you up)

If Pichu didn't hurt himself everytime he used a special, I'd play as him more often. Then again, if Bowser and DK weren't so useless, I'd probably use them too :X

I think Yoshi's pretty underrated. I've seen some pretty amazing players handle him well at local tournaments, yet a lot of people I know hate him (my ex even came up to me once in Calc class and said she played SSBM and said that Yoshi sucks, but she's a noob)

I hope Game and Watch has better moves. I know they're good, but they're a pain in the ass to use properly. I just play as him to piss others off with the taunt.

Yoshi sucks against a Mario with cape or anyone who can knock him back after his jump is over. It really hurts him a lot in hard core tournament play. And Pichu would still suck even if he didn't hurt himself... he relies on items. If you got tournaments to allow items, he'd be good. But tournament players are really stupid like that. For that same reason though, Ness's situationally bad third jump doesn't matter. The only thing you have to worry about are players who love to jump into your PK thunder while you are trying to recover.

What Ness has... is style. You can set up a yo yo glitch once you figure it out and grab your opponent from the entire length of Final Destination away. Or the third jump attack as well. Or you can get extra stylish with it and use the yo yo to launch the opponent then use a dair jacket install off of the glitch so that if the opponent touches you at all its automatically in a very comboable situation. Of you could install a pk thunder jacket to make a huge fraction of melee attacks against Ness result in 3rd jump damage against the attacker. There are other options with it as well... but generally, the yo yo glitch is as sweet as all hell.

well, if I knock Ness after the second jump, he's in trouble too :X

Pichu's uber fast, and tiny. He can dodge most attacks, and has good recovery moves. He'd be fine without items and self damage.

Marth has the most style if you're very offensive and utilize his speed as much as possible. He's really good at shffling, and his counter can get him out of sticky situations. His only flaw is his lack of projectiles, but I'm so in your face with him that I don't miss them at all. Sometimes, I like to use counter as an offensive move instead of defensive, which can really screw with your opponent ^.^

The thing is, a lot of people use Marth, so it's kinda dull in a lot of the tournaments I've been to. So I practice a lot with Link or Young Link, too.

Right now, I've been doing some rigerous training with 3 lv9 CPUs with 9 handicap and mine at 5. I haven't won (probably never will) but it helps, because when I play a legit match with someone, I'm already used to my attacks having little knockback, so I tend to play a lot better.

Meta Knight

Leon

Panther

AiAi

Nights

Pit

Wario

You've got proof of some of those? We know that Meta Kniht, Zero Suit Samus, Pit, and Wario will be in there. But I've seen no official mention of Leon, Panther, AiAi, or Nights. Care to link us to where you found information regarding those four characters?

Meta Knight

Leon

Panther

AiAi

Nights

Pit

Wario

Uh, what are you talking about? Leon, Panter, AiAi (wtf?), and Nights are not announced, And probably none of them will. Where EXACTLY are you getting your info?! Unless this is just your wishlist or something.

I think these are possibilities of new characters:

-Baby Bowser

-Sonic

-Shadow (It would be like Falco and Fox's similarities)

-Krystal

-Waluigi

-Starwolf (He appears in the intro of SSBM, so maybe... they'll just revamp that model)

People, shut-up and leave Ben alone; though not so obviously, he is wishlisting. :(

dood I saw streak in the trailer if you look close enough you see him on teh wing of the airship!!!

But yea, Nintendo ain't gonna slap in random lesser known characters. They're sticking with the heavy hitters, and that's why the japanese site has a request form (why the hell aren't we included?)

I thought it was a bit snippy because it was demanding a source from which he had confirmation that those other characters were in the game. It was a wishlist of characters he thought could be in the game, no such proof was really required.