A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Super Smash Brothers: Brawl!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

japan gets it Sept., hence why I said "unless you import"

NEWS: yea, so I guess, judging from different sources, the following Nintendo characters are confirmed:

WW Link (replacing Young Link)

Ridley

Baby Bowser

1UP's fairly reliable. It's stated on other sites that Ice Climbers, G&W, and YLink have been dropped at this point.

Yay I'm glad it's just the Ice climbers and G & W. and ww link is fine as a replacement. I don't really like ridley though. and I guess Baby Bower is ok

EDIT: didn't see the new post. oh no! I hope they don't boot one of my favorite characters. like Dr Mario in black

Rael's so sexy.

Apparently, a few sources are contradicting each other on the Wii's release date. Some claim that it'll be shipped in September, while another says that Iwata will announce the price and date of the Wii in September.

In any case...just imagine Brawl with online =o

I still want to see Sonic in this game. :>

I'm hoping that Sonic and Knuckles make it in. Tails doesn't really seem the fighter type character, and I'd rather have Knuckles who really, is a fighter, rather than Tails. That being said, I think the odds of Sonic getting in are good, but all I foresee from non-nintendo games are the main hero only, maybe later on they'll include sidekicks, rivals, etc but I dont think Nintendo are going to rush into bringing in all these non-nintendo characters.

No NOT Shadow. It needs Sonic, Tails and Knuckles. Periodo.

Streak, if they wanted to... they could make Shadow a clone of Sonic... which is less than true about Knuckles and Tails. I mean... other than super attack (and maybe those as well), they could pretty much save 90% of the development time of the character and just worry about messing up the balance a little.

I said it before, I'll say it again: Ultra Intergalactic Cyborg G Marina Lightyears ftw

Anywho, Sonic will almost definately be in it, but no other SEGA characters. It's stilla a Nintendo game.

I wouldn't be surprized if an FF character made it, since it's still up in the air if "Sora" worked on KH2 or not, and Nintnedo's patching up things with Squenix

I kinda doubt Sora will be in there since his primary games weren't on Nintendo consoles, but if they really wanted him on, they'd have an excuse in CoM. I'm still expecting then to do more main retro characters like Sonic and Megaman, though SSB is known for taking more obscure, unexpected routes in character choices from time to time.

But, judging from their claims of only one or two other non-Nintendo character, I doubt we'll be seeing two from the same franchise.

I'd rather they took out all the stupid characters rather than simply throw a whole bunch in. No one really cares about "Dr. Mario" or "Zero Suit Samus" which doesn't look that great by the way. Of course.. companies like Capcom and Sega COULD just get together and make their own fighting game and put whoever they want in it. >.>

"since it's still up in the air if 'Sora' worked on KH2 or not, and Nintnedo's patching up things with Squenix"

I don't get what you mean by "if Sora worked," but Nintendo's not patching things up fast enough. I still wish KH was on the Gamecube. =/

"This isn't a pure character addition. Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will 'remove' her Power Suit. Whoa! That's a woman under there!"

She definately changes in-game and so she'll probably not have a seperate charecter selection (though you can probably start as her by holding B or something like with Sheik).

we said zero suit was an extension of samus a few times already @_@

and by the Sora comment, Sora is the name of the team working on SSBB, and in a Famatsu article, the director said "the team recently finished a major blockbuster game, but revealing the name of the team would give it away"(paraphrased)

That would lead one to believe the team worked on KH2, and Nomura is working on it too, and Nintendo's getting squenix support on GBA, DS, and Wii, so it's possible we'll see, say, Cloud, appear in SSBB.